GUILTY TN - Amanda Bateman, 29, Memphis, 21 March 2005

Goodbevins

Reaction score
I searched for a thread on her and could not find one. If this is a duplicate, please feel free to delete it.

She is such a beautiful woman. I am praying for her family.

Parents seek daughter who picked up hitchhiker

By MITCHELL KLINE
Staff Writer

FRANKLIN — David Phillips had walked nine miles of Interstate 40 Monday looking for his 29-year-old daughter, Amanda Bateman.

He took a sleeping bag with the hope of finding her cold and shivering under a bridge or laying in a ditch. Phillips and his wife, Ann, said yesterday they still haven't given up hope that their daughter could be alive.

Meanwhile, the FBI began a homicide investigation after the body of an unidentified woman was found yesterday morning in Natchez Trace State Park in Henderson County, Tenn. Special Agent Jon Stephens said fingerprints would be used to identify the body by early this morning. An autopsy is planned.

http://tennessean.com/local/archives/05/03/67333320.shtml?Element_ID=67333320 to read the complete article.

Very sad story.

I really don't understand in this day and age, why people still pick up hitchhikers (especially women)

Although highly traveled, this is a long, lonely stretch of road. I think it would be relatively easy to commit a crime and be on the road in very few minutes.

Prayers for Amanda & Bateman Family... God Bless her!

From December 2005:

http://accesswdun.com/print/2005/12/134052

A hitchhiker accused of killing an Oklahoma woman who gave him a ride pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life in prison.

Bobby Joe McCauley, 30, entered the plea Wednesday in Henderson County Circuit Court to avoid a trial on first-degree murder charges and a possible death sentence...

McCauley admitted killing Amanda Phillips Bateman, 29, of Chandler, Okla., and dumping her body in the Natchez Trace State Park in Henderson County early on March 21.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968
Back