Identified! KY - Elizabethtown, Fem UP11327, bee earrings, May'13 - Madiha Roshdy

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Workers found the decomposed body of a female on May 29, 2013. Decomposition makes it difficult to determine race and age.

The woman was wearing a very distinct ring which is at link. She was also wearing one gold earring shaped like an insect of some sort. Hoodie was distinct as well resembling an old fashioned patch work quilt.

She died from blunt force trauma to her head.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/05/30/2659452/police-release-details-about-dead.html

From the area. Was under the impression that she was found near the ramp that leads to HWY 313. Is this correct? Also, that area has transformed over the years. There used to not be a road there. People would have to travel all the way to Elizabethtown to get to Radcliff/Fort Knox area so that ramp/road has made it easier for people to travel. There are not a lot of houses near there either. Small town called Colesburg and Lebanon Junction. But 313 will take you to Elizabethtown/Radcliff/Rineyville and Fort Knox. With her being so decomposed, I wonder how long it takes the body to get to the point where you can't even tell the race. If anyone can explain this to me I would appreciate it. There are no missing persons in the area that I am aware of. But with it being a major interstate she could have been dropped by a trucker. JMO.

From the area. Was under the impression that she was found near the ramp that leads to HWY 313. Is this correct? Also, that area has transformed over the years. There used to not be a road there. People would have to travel all the way to Elizabethtown to get to Radcliff/Fort Knox area so that ramp/road has made it easier for people to travel. There are not a lot of houses near there either. Small town called Colesburg and Lebanon Junction. But 313 will take you to Elizabethtown/Radcliff/Rineyville and Fort Knox. With her being so decomposed, I wonder how long it takes the body to get to the point where you can't even tell the race. If anyone can explain this to me I would appreciate it. There are no missing persons in the area that I am aware of. But with it being a major interstate she could have been dropped by a trucker. JMO.

Don't quote me on this because I don't actually know, but it really depends on how hot or cold the area is.

Doing a quick google search it appears as though it's been raining and in the 70s-80s. So, I'd say at least 2-3 weeks, to maybe about 6-9 months?

Although they also said Haily Dunn's remains were "Decomposing" and she had been out there for over two years. So I don't really know

ETA, According to the story she had injuries to her face, yet she had been there for "Quite some time." I'm guessing she had broken facial bones and if she's been there for "Quite some time" then she's been there for at least 6 months.

I am wondering if the stone in the ring was replaced, as the turquoise does not fit properly in the bezel, as the turquoise is too recessed in the bezel. This ring looks foreign to me, so perhaps it had Lapis in it originally, like Afghanistan lapis. Both are softer stones compared to diamonds, and it is unusual for turquoise to be paired up with diamonds, (#10 hardness on the Mohs chart), unless it signifies something like turquoise is the December birthstone, and diamond is for the month of April.
Maybe the clear stones are cubic zirconia, or even quartz, depending on what metal the ring bezel and ring shank are made of.
If it did originally have lapis in it, lapis can be purchased stateside at gem shows and stores too, but it just has that foreign look to me, in my opinion.....and if it is foreign, lapis can be purchased overseas. There is Chinese turquoise, but this doesn't look like Chinese turquoise to me....... Chinese turquoise generally has a matrix.

With Fort Knox being not too far away, maybe this UID was a soldier's wife, hence the jewelry that looks foreign made to me....

I would see when the last mowing was done in that area. It appears that she was just down in the "ditch" area and not firther into the tree line. With the weather that Kentucky has been having I suppose this years mowing season was delayed. So she would have been dropped there from the last time of mowing until now. Was she wrapped where she would have been rolled down the incline? I know in the evenings there are no lights but with 65 being busy I am sure someone would have seen a person carrying a large object like a body down that hill.

If the ring is cheaply made, there is a large flea market north of that area off of 65 in Shepherdsville. Also, coming from the South I believe, there is another large one in Bowling Green. But near Cave City there are those little shops that sell gems because of Mammoth Cave being there.

I would see when the last mowing was done in that area. It appears that she was just down in the "ditch" area and not firther into the tree line. With the weather that Kentucky has been having I suppose this years mowing season was delayed. So she would have been dropped there from the last time of mowing until now. Was she wrapped where she would have been rolled down the incline? I know in the evenings there are no lights but with 65 being busy I am sure someone would have seen a person carrying a large object like a body down that hill.

Good points. I am from the area and I-65 gets very heavy traffic going to Nashville and north to many parts of Indiana, etc. Very sad.

I am wondering if the stone in the ring was replaced, as the turquoise does not fit properly in the bezel, as the turquoise is too recessed in the bezel. This ring looks foreign to me, so perhaps it had Lapis in it originally, like Afghanistan lapis. Both are softer stones compared to diamonds, and it is unusual for turquoise to be paired up with diamonds, (#10 hardness on the Mohs chart), unless it signifies something like turquoise is the December birthstone, and diamond is for the month of April.
Maybe the clear stones are cubic zirconia, or even quartz, depending on what metal the ring bezel and ring shank are made of.
If it did originally have lapis in it, lapis can be purchased stateside at gem shows and stores too, but it just has that foreign look to me, in my opinion.....and if it is foreign, lapis can be purchased overseas. There is Chinese turquoise, but this doesn't look like Chinese turquoise to me....... Chinese turquoise generally has a matrix.

With Fort Knox being not too far away, maybe this UID was a soldier's wife, hence the jewelry that looks foreign made to me....

That's what I was thinking too! The gold looks like the much softer 22/24 karat that you'd get overseas. My Dad came back from Desert Storm with some cartouches that he had made for us and it looked just that color.

That's what I was thinking too! The gold looks like the much softer 22/24 karat that you'd get overseas. My Dad came back from Desert Storm with some cartouches that he had made for us and it looked just that color.

Yes, and I got to thinking there is also a turquoise called Persian turquoise, too, so maybe that turquoise in the ring is from Iran.

I found a link that describes Persian Turquoise and how expensive it can be.
Maybe that is why it is in a ring with real diamonds,( if those clear stones are diamonds, and if the turquoise cabochon is Persian turquoise.)

"Throughout the centuries, the intense sky-blue Iranian turquoise, known as “Persian turquoise,” has been the most sought after. This is a clear, even blue color with no evidence of green, nor any signs of black veins. As recently as the ‘70s, top-quality turquoise was fetching prices of $2,000 for a 15x20mm piece. Hard to believe?"

- See more at: http://www.durangosilver.com/persianturquoisemines.htm#sthash.B3zsdv58.dpuf

Yes, and I got to thinking there is also a turquoise called Persian turquoise, too, so maybe that turquoise in the ring is from Iran.

Lots of Persian turquois on net with diamonds. Never saw American turquois with diamonds. Searched and searched for the bee jewelry. Nothing like what was on the UID. Makes me thing this lady is not American.

Lots of Persian turquois on net with diamonds. Never saw American turquois with diamonds. Searched and searched for the bee jewelry. Nothing like what was on the UID. Makes me thing this lady is not American.

I agree, and maybe this is a whimsical beetle or scarab earring in the jewelry artists imagination?

I agree, and maybe this is a whimsical beetle or scarab earring in the jewelry artists imagination?

Tree, I immediately thought scarab as well until I looked at it again. I thought wasp? Although there's alot of jewelry made of the Queen Bee. They said pink stones so I figured maybe coral? Although coral could be reddish I think.

The patchwork hoodie got me. I envisioned this poor woman as hippie like. I'd go vintage, but were there "hoodie" type jackets back in the day?

FWIW Betsey Johnson does alot of insect jewelry although I couldn't find anything to match.

Also does red streaks mean highlights? Some of thise highlights now are huge, big, fat streaks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back