Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

thread #26

thread #27

Thread #28

thread #29

thread #31

Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39
Thread #40
Thread #41
Thread #42
Thread #43
Thread #45
Thread #46
Thread #47
Thread #48

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Please note that there will be no discussion of the radio show or pictures in this thread.

Please continue here. Please remember TOS, the guidelines for this case and please treat differing opinions respectfully.

Thanks,

Salem

Additional Notes:

A little clarification here. I will copy these "rule posts" and put them in the first or second posts of the thread for reference.

Information that came out on the Dr. Phil show may be discussed, but not the edited, rumored portions. What this means is that "history" that was brought up, may be discussed as long as it is linked to Dr. Phil.

We are not going back to visit old "he said/she said" stuff that happened around the time of the divorce. But... if it was brought up on Dr. Phil, where everybody had a chance to refute the charge or defend themselves, then it will be allowed with the Dr. Phil link.

Scanner thread info regarding searches may be linked up with brief comments about the info that the poster thinks is important.

Salem

Hey everybody - I just removed several posts discussing things that are OFF THE TABLE. We are on zero tolerance here - but I'm not going to TO everybody at this point, because it looked like you got yourselves back on track. Thank you for that, it is appreciated.

You may discuss Dr. Phil - BUT NOT THE RUMORED, EDITED PORTIONS.
You may not call MR an alcoholic or mentally disturbed, because we don't have facts supporting that (only rumors and opinions).
You may not accuse MR. You may speculate and/or theorize.
You may not attack our verified posters. If you disagree with them, that's fine. Move past their posts. If you have an honest question or need for clarification, you may ask for it RESPECTFULLY. If the verified poster chooses NOT TO RESPOND that's OKAY. Just like you, if they don't want to respond to a post, they don't have to.
And the discussion of what happened way back when before Dylan moved to Colorado Springs is OFF THE TABLE.

All other rules can be found right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As always, if you have a question, please pm a mod and don't derail the thread.

Thanks!

Salem

Please continue the general discussion here and remember to break out specific topics into separate threads so that information is kept all together.

Also - be kind to each other. We are all on the same team, even if we don't always see eye to eye. We ALL want Dylan home.

Salem

I need to think about this a different way. For this to work, we use the following assumptions:

Suppose Mark had come home on Monday, and when Dylan did not show up by 4:00, he went to Bayfield and reported Dylan missing.
Suppose LE determined right away that Dylan was not a runaway and that he had been abducted (that couldn't have happened, but let's suppose it did)
Remember, there could not have been an Amber alert, because it did not fit the criteria for one. (not enough information to help find him)

If the preceding two items were true, what would have been different regarding searching for Dylan? I am talking about the actual searching and information gathering aspect of this, what could have been done that has not been done?

I don't know how to bring something over, but Ghost, so true that baseball may be a sport for middle school in other areas. I wish it was an option here.

Just goes to show y'all that we Texans think everyone is like us and if they aren't, they should be. lol

I don't know how to bring something over, but Ghost, so true that baseball may be a sport for middle school in other areas. I wish it was an option here.

Just goes to show y'all that we Texans think everyone is like us and if they aren't, they should be. lol
BBM: In some ways, I have to agree with you.:D

I need to think about this a different way. For this to work, we use the following assumptions:

Suppose Mark had come home on Monday, and when Dylan did not show up by 4:00, he went to Bayfield and reported Dylan missing.
Suppose LE determined right away that Dylan was not a runaway and that he had been abducted (that couldn't have happened, but let's suppose it did)
Remember, there could not have been an Amber alert, because it did not fit the criteria for one. (not enough information to help find him)

If the preceding two items were true, what would have been different regarding searching for Dylan? I am talking about the actual searching and information gathering aspect of this, what could have been done that has not been done?

I'm not understanding the suppositions and how they are different from the facts of the case. It was a little later when MR went to the Marshall's office and part of his initial search for Dylan was contacting the mother. What are you trying to get us (me) to see or how to think differently?

Something I wish they had done (maybe they did and we just didn't hear about it) is a grid search starting from MR's house and moving out.

I'll start with some thoughts I had about Mark calling Dylan on Monday morning to see if he wanted to stay at Mark's home and have Thanksgiving dinner with just the two of them or go out to eat or drive to Mark's brothers or whatever.

It's possible that if Dylan had answered Mark's texts and said "Yes, lets have Thanksgiving together here at home" Mark could have grabbed what they would need in a short period of time. It wouldn't be a be deal.

If I was in Mark's shoes I would grab a small 12 to 14 lb turkey, some potatoes, a bag of frozen vegetables, a jar of gravy and a box of stuffing and I'm done in 10 minutes tops.

I'm not understanding the suppositions and how they are different from the facts of the case. It was a little later when MR went to the Marshall's office and part of his initial search for Dylan was contacting the mother. What are you trying to get us (me) to see or how to think differently?
What I am trying to think is if there is something that can still be done, that was NOT done in the beginning because of the confusion, ie who reported what when, thinking Dylan was just out hanging around (remember Mark was, at first, just wondering if anyone had seen Dylan, like he was just late getting home), trying to determine if it was a custody issue, that kind of thing.

If everyone had thought immediately that Dylan was kidnapped, was there anything that would have been done differently, and if so, can it still be done if it has not been done? (I am looking for better questions :D)

I'll start with some thoughts I had about Mark calling Dylan on Monday morning to see if he wanted to stay at Mark's home and have Thanksgiving dinner with just the two of them or go out to eat or drive to Mark's brothers or whatever.

It's possible that if Dylan had answered Mark's texts and said "Yes, lets have Thanksgiving together here at home" Mark could have grabbed what they would need in a short period of time. It wouldn't be a be deal.

If I was in Mark's shoes I would grab a small 12 to 14 lb turkey, some potatoes, a bag of frozen vegetables, a jar of gravy and a box of stuffing and I'm done in 10 minutes tops.

O/T

Dear Ranch,

Jarred gravy and boxed stuffing is NOT ok. Ever.

What I am trying to think is if there is something that can still be done, that was NOT done in the beginning because of the confusion, ie who reported what when, thinking Dylan was just out hanging around (remember Mark was, at first, just wondering if anyone had seen Dylan, like he was just late getting home), trying to determine if it was a custody issue, that kind of thing.

If everyone had thought immediately that Dylan was kidnapped, was there anything that would have been done differently, and if so, can it still be done if it has not been done? (I am looking for better questions :D)

I think they got the SAR out pretty quickly, as if he was maybe lost in the woods, got hurt or something along those lines. I honestly don't know what else could have been done, because we really don't know exactly what was done. We have rumors of his scent being tracked to the intersection, but no confirmation. No idea where they searched around MR's home. I'm talking about that first night, next day.

Just a question, if you didn't know whether you would or would not be spending Thanksgiving at home, would you have purchased partial items, or nothing at all? To save a trip, I might have gotten the potatoes, gravy, vegetables, and maybe a Turkey breast that I could have eaten another time should we have decided to go somewhere else, but I wonder if others would do the same?

Just a question, if you didn't know whether you would or would not be spending Thanksgiving at home, would you have purchased partial items, or nothing at all? To save a trip, I might have gotten the potatoes, gravy, vegetables, and maybe a Turkey breast that I could have eaten another time should we have decided to go somewhere else, but I wonder if others would do the same?

I wouldn't have. Thanksgiving food is something I usually only eat at Thanksgiving. I don't eat turkey any other time of the year. Maybe veggies, but if I'm gonna have to go back to get other things, then I'd just go get it all at one time.

No, never. Fresh giblet gravy is so easy to make and tastes so much better. Plus not as much sodium.

All gravy belongs in the trash can. JMO. Give me turkey infused with some spicy concoction and don't mess it up with melted flour and meat drippings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni