Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #12

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
April 19, 2013

'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody

By Chelsea J. Carter and Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 9:07 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

(CNN) -- The suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday night, bringing to an end a massive manhunt that virtually shut down the Massachusetts capital amid warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.
Story and video at the [video=cnn;crime/2013/04/20/ac-vo-photo-of-boston-bombing-suspect-after-arrest.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html[/video]
ss130420marathonbombing.jpg

Thank you for providing a link, but I cannot find anything there that says it "was done days after utilizing a very detailed analysis of photo, video, and other evidence." Can you help me out here?
Its that red one I cant find ....it was the latest updated one.

Boston Fire Chief Steve Abraira resigns

By Andrew Ryan | GLOBE STAFF JUNE 03, 2013

"Boston Fire Chief Steve E. Abraira resigned today after less than two years on the job, following a clash with his command staff over his management style and handling of the Boston Marathon bombings, officials said.

Abraira had been the first chief in the history of the Boston Fire Department hired from outside of its own union. In recent weeks, Abraira came under attack from his 13 deputy chiefs, all of whom have risen through the department’s ranks."

More...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ent-resigns/S1LFw6P5sD8mxSIkBM2T8I/story.html

I know they did it. You know they did it. however in this great land our rule is innocent before guilty looking for ALLEDGED coldblooded killers.

Hey those are the freedoms many are declaring a proud freedom ...........one way or the other. The right to privacy is one of those freedoms lots are hailing.

It was violated on the world stage for a day and half. If we took the video from that day , turned off the sound, and side by side played one by a country that does that same thing that we claim we are so againist - the only difference would be our guys have better killing machines, and fancier rides.

Right to privacy, freedom from random searches, feel safe in home etc those are our freedoms

They are no longer 'alleged' killers when they are throwing bombs out of their Jeep and killing cops who are just sitting in their squad cars minding their own business and blowing up children as seen on VIDEO.

The Bostonians were not wanting 'freedom' from searches---they WANTED their homes to be searched for their own PROTECTION. My BIL in Cambridge was thrilled to have the cops come and search his attic because he heard noises and was afraid to go up and look himself. He told them about the noises and they went up there and looked around, putting their own lives in danger.

It cracks me up that you are trying to couch this in a negative light. The Bostonians were very frightened of these two cold blooded killers at that time. They were thrilled that LE went all out to hunt them down. Nobody felt their rights to privacy were being invaded. I heard some complaints from people whose homes were not searched or whose doors were not knocked on. They felt overlooked and unsafe.

I do not understand where you are coming from. According to your stance, the violence perpetrated by IT is just 'normal' male violence. [ NOT] And the cops were wrong to defend themselves and they should have tasered in response to his attack. And the cops in Boston should not have searched all of those homes because they should have assumed the brothers were innocent? Huh?

I know they did it. You know they did it. however in this great land our rule is innocent before guilty looking for ALLEDGED coldblooded killers.

Hey those are the freedoms many are declaring a proud freedom ...........one way or the other. The right to privacy is one of those freedoms lots are hailing.

It was violated on the world stage for a day and half. If we took the video from that day , turned off the sound, and side by side played one by a country that does that same thing that we claim we are so againist - the only difference would be our guys have better killing machines, and fancier rides.

Right to privacy, freedom from random searches, feel safe in home etc those are our freedoms

ALLEDGED? The searches were done as part of an active crime scene where two men, armed with bombs and at least one gun, were engaged in a shootout with the police. How is that alleged? There was a person hiding in the neighborhood that was dangerous, that already participated in an attempt to kill police and who knows who else?

Apparently. I can't because my give a d*mn got busted, oh say, when him and his "sweet" younger brother put the bombs there and killed and maimed innocent people.

I just don't understand HOW anyone can defend TT and DT's actions. I guess I just can't get past that. Perhaps I don't have enough tin foil?

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

PS katydid23, I was wrong, we can agree! :seeya:
NO, never said anything about being sorry for anyone. ANd I never implied that he blew up people BECAUSE of him getting yanked out from his dream.
His rage was that for years they kept letting him go on and on and winning. Then all of a sudden they decide naw - your not an AMerican forget it.

Now if he was in the ring, breaking rules whatever they are , the notion of watching a bunch of people punch each other for hours just would be tedious personally!
I
I will make some up : dont mame your other boxer. So , if he had really hurt a couple of other then I could get it

The notion, in the land of the home the free brave, the notion that one can suddenly be thrown off something as simple as boxing BECAUSE NOT AN AMERICAN pisses me off in and of itself .............for the land of the.............

NO, never said anything about being sorry for anyone. ANd I never implied that he blew up people BECAUSE of him getting yanked out from his dream.
His rage was that for years they kept letting him go on and on and winning. Then all of a sudden they decide naw - your not an AMerican forget it.

Now if he was in the ring, breaking rules whatever they are , the notion of watching a bunch of people punch each other for hours just would be tedious personally!
I
I will make some up : dont mame your other boxer. So , if he had really hurt a couple of other then I could get it

The notion, in the land of the home the free brave, the notion that one can suddenly be thrown off something as simple as boxing BECAUSE NOT AN AMERICAN pisses me off in and of itself .............for the land of the.............

You were talking about the OLYMPICS. You cannot just have anyone from any country represent you in the OLYMPICS.. There are international rules, which I am sure he was already aware of. It was not a SURPRISE out of the blue that he could not represent the UNITED STATES in the OLYMPICS. Are you saying the country tricked him?

I

BBM: Really? So, this is the reason he can be excused for his actions. OK, then...Let me explain something to you. He wasn't an United States citizen, therefore, he couldn't be on the boxing team to represent the United States in the Olympics. I am sure he was made aware of this little factoid.

And it's not the land of the home the free brave. It's the "Land of the free, and home of the brave."

Off to go get some tin foil so I can follow this illogical thread. However, I doubt that will help. Not even with a two state alcohol and drug allowance to go with my tin foil hat will I ever be able to follow some of the stuff I've seen posted in this thread.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers, as a PROUD CITIZEN of the United States.

You were talking about the OLYMPICS. You cannot just have anyone from any country represent you in the OLYMPICS.. There are international rules, which I am sure he was already aware of. It was not a SURPRISE out of the blue that he could not represent the UNITED STATES in the OLYMPICS. Are you saying the country tricked him?

BBM: We have a winner!

I don't think he was shot in the skull 7 times. I thought it was mostly in the chest?

But even so, the agent most likely was using a GLOCK, an automatic weapon. So he would not have shot just one or two bullets. I don't know why you keep saying SEVEN times, as if that is a surprising thing. If you are shooting a suspect who is attacking you, then there are going to be several shots because an automatic weapon shoots several at once.
Ok that is helpful-so they cannot only fire a shot if using a automatic weapon, they should put a button on them that says no war zone use kinda slow down the rate of firing when you are facing one unarmed person , not like cannons, tanks, bombs etc.

The whole thing IMO, has been breathtaking in terms of the bullets shot. The mass shootout , for me , LE did what they needed to up to point.

That was pretty exhuasting video to watch.

But the boat, ahhh. At the end of the day some guy went out to stretch, pushed 9 11 and a 18 hour manhunt, at the end of the day - useless!

A person found a bleeding person in a small boat!

Hummmmmmmmmm

Gets better, just learned this:

FBI officials have not confirmed the number of shots fired by the agent and have ordered the autopsy performed on Todashev’s body by the Florida medical examiner to be sealed.

The lack of publicly available information has raised the ire .....

ME: Others seem to be concerned about the same themes as several of us here:

....the civil rights division will make an independent determination whether a civil rights investigation is warranted,” said Dena Iverson, a Justice Department spokeswoman,

The FBI had been monitoring Todashev, 27, for more than a month, interviewing him at least five times, according to friends.

ME: Would be fair to say "have not confirmed" (shots fired) might = refuse to do so? If all went aok number of shots fired ought to be no issue right, just an officer protecting himself within the laws right? Help me, can anyone come up with a reason why number of shots fired must remain a secret UNLESS, overkill and overreaction is blossoming - open to any reason why they refuse to reveal

Amid ever-shifting accounts of what happened inside of the Orlando apartment where Ibragim Todashev was shot and killed by a Boston-based FBI agent last week, a growing chorus of voices is calling for an independent investigation into the shooting.

After 10 days ....even the most basic facts in Todashev’s killing remain unclear

the FBI has released scant official information, including the confession allegedly signed by Todashev.

A department spokesman did not return calls for comment about Todashev’s shooting over the course of two days.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ent-secrecy/inhTL8hsidG0Tgy5PGKtnM/story.html

ME: The secrets the secrets???? THe plot thickens (speed up music)

It's not secrets! It's an ongoing investigation.

BIG difference.

BBM: Really? So, this is the reason he can be excused for his actions. OK, then...Let me explain something to you. He wasn't an United States citizen, therefore, he couldn't be on the boxing team to represent the United States in the Olympics. I am sure he was made aware of this little factoid.

And it's not the land of the home the free brave. It's the "Land of the free, and home of the brave."

Off to go get some tin foil so I can follow this illogical thread. However, I doubt that will help. Not even with a two state alcohol and drug allowance to go with my tin foil hat will I ever be able to follow some of the stuff I've seen posted in this thread.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers, as a PROUD CITIZEN of the United States.
Me too, thats what makes it interesting, its purpose. To provoke thought.

I have never excused any of them in this for their actions.

I am sure he was made aware of this little factoid.

He was not, he was passed and passed and then suddenly poof yanked it away from him . For that reason

I know I think that maybe that might have been the correct first choice. No response like he did not have the time. He did , he got 7 deadly bullets in him.

A shot of the tazer and if no effect still have time to slam the guy with 6 more bullets.

IMO in this instance (the importance of every word we could by now knowing) try tazor first

If an MMA fighter, and suspected killer, is lunging at you, there is no time to ' try a taser' first. You would be DEAD if it did not work. He would go for the jugular or go for your weapon.

It has been drilled into my sons' head that anyone who attacks him is going for his holstered weapon. ABOVE ALL he has to secure that weapon or he will himself die. Until you go through that training yourself, it will not make sense to you.

It's not secrets! It's an ongoing investigation.

BIG difference.

Well, apparently some don't know the difference and they let that get confused with the facts of what can and will be disclosed during an ongoing investigation....

I

Personally I am not a sports fan. But even I would probably be somewhat angry if another country "imported" someone to live in their country and put them in the Olympics and they won over one of our people. I mean if they are representing a country, they should hold citizenship in that country. Especially if they didn't even bother to make them citizens. Though I do suspect that this is why he did the bombings, and not because of any 'extremist' views or even for religious purposes. It was for much more selfish reasons than that.

If he was really upset about that, there are plenty of other venues he could have participated in besides the Olympics. Including pay venues. That way he could have continued with boxing, and his citizenship wouldn't have been an issue.

But that wasn't what he wanted was it? And like a two year old who doesn't get his way, he threw a tantrum. Only as an adult he can throw bigger more lethal tantrums.

Well he won't be remembered as an Olympic champion, or even as a boxing champion. What he will be remembered as will be a baby killer and maimer.

Me too, thats what makes it interesting, its purpose. To provoke thought.

I have never excused any of them in this for their actions.

I am sure he was made aware of this little factoid.

He was not, he was passed and passed and then suddenly poof yanked it away from him . For that reason

BBM: And you know this, exactly how? Do you have a link? A link to a mainstream media source, not a blog?

I'm really not trying to be difficult here, but it's very difficult to follow what you are trying to get across here. Please forgive me if you have posted it somewhere and I have overlooked it.

No. We gave him and his family every opportunity.
He couldn't obey the laws so his citizenship was turned down.

Poor thang!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back