Identified! AZ - Phoenix, LIVING BlkFem, 4-5, abandoned, Jun'13 - Name withheld

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
Phoenix police are trying to find the parents of a child who was dropped off at a city fire station Wednesday night.

A man described as black and in his early to mid 40s walked up to the station near 200 East Roeser around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. He indicated the mother was not taking care of her and then walked away, leaving the girl behind, according to Phoenix police Sgt. Steve Martos.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22526937/pd-child-abandoned-at-phoenix-fire-station

She's to old to be Bianca and she does not resemble Bianca, in the least. Bianca is believed to have been disposed of in an incinerator according to LE.

At least in this case someone did the right thing by dropping her off rather than killing her. Even if she is too old for the safe haven law.

This poor child. I have no issues looking at a graphic photo of a decedent, but looking at her photo and seeing the hurt and confusion on the face of a deliberately abandoned child was hard. I hope her mother is okay. Someone cared enough to put her hair in braids and barrettes.

Police need help identifying child left at Phoenix Fire station

Phoenix Police are trying to communicate with the child to determine her identity or the identity of her parents, but efforts have been unsuccessful. They believe she may have some cognitive impairment.

"We believe possibly that may be the case, only from the standpoint that we've been unable to communicate with this child to determine her name or parents' names, but again we don't know the exact age of this child. We believe four or five but she could be younger than that," said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos.

They indicate that she is 3 feet tall and approximately 25lbs.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...dentifying-child-left-at-phoenix-fire-station

That is awfully tiny for a 4-5yo. The average size of a 3yo is 3'2" and 32lb.

This child is even smaller than that. I wonder if she isn't younger, closer to the 2 1/2 - 3yo range.

What a sweet little thing! I hope they are able to determine who she is.

Thank you Lord that someone cared enough to place her somewhere safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back