CA - Five killed, 4 injured in Santa Monica shooting spree, 7 June 2013

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
At least three people were wounded and a suspect reportedly was in custody Friday after a shooting at Santa Monica College in Southern California, according to officials and media reports.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/us/california-college-gunman/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

3 people down, shooter believed to be down.
Shooting near library.
About 3 miles from Obama.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/06/07/multiple-people-shot-at-santa-monica-college

Live link:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/cbs-news-live-feed/

Also a huge house fire, at Kansas and Yorkshire with 2 men found dead in the fire.
One person detained by police... Asian male maybe?

A man jumped out of his vehicle on Blvd and started shooting. No injuries.
He then proceeded to the college, where 2 were critically injured and 1 is stable.
Gunman also injured, not clear if he's one of the 3.

OMG. This is my DD's college. I heard the Breaking News on the car radio. I have to admit, when I heard them say the wounded were all in the school library, I was relieved because I knew my DD was nowhere near the library. :slap:

Nice Katy. :giggle:

Suspect was heavily armed, more than one weapon.
1 suspect in custody and 1 suspect wounded.
Unclear if that is the same ONE suspect or if there is 2 separate suspects.
Ambulances still leaving scene with lights on. Unclear if they are transporting more.

Many vehicles with bullet holes.

Single person in the car when he got out of the car at the intersection.
He started shooting left to right in the middle of the intersection.

College still on lock down.

White guy, husky built young guy, very calm. Dressed in black, body armor.
The guy they took away in handcuffs is likely NOT connected. He had no body armor and was asian.
He claimed he was being handcuffed because he was looking for his girlfriend.
He either had HAD a weapon or FOUND a weapon. Likely not connected.

Pres Obama in the area too. Secret service and heavy police presence there.

Per local news:
3 transported to UCLA med center. Call came in from the library, occupants were hiding.

Total number (at this time) 3 transported, unknown others.

Airspace shut down indefinitely, no news heli's are there.

One suspect in custody, another actively being sought.

SaMo high school has graduation tonight. Is on lockdown.

Looking at all three scenes w/ possibility they're connected.

Stay away from area, Pico is shut down, others are shut down. All in area at home STAY home

38 acre campus. They will be taking a long time to get through the whole campus.

It is thought Pres is gone from area, was in area for fund raiser.

CHP involved.

2 transported to UCLA in critical condition.

House fire (huge) on Kansas, 1 body found. Kansas is only few blocks from where bus shooting was. Something about a car at the Kansas fire having bullet holes. Bus was crowded, bullet holes in bus.

Original reports was shotgun, has been determined that it was shotgun and rifle. Bus bullet holes are rifle/handgun.

Best-
Herding Cats

ETAs as breaking

Nice Katy. :giggle:

Suspect was heavily armed, more than one weapon.
1 suspect in custody and 1 suspect wounded.
Unclear if that is the same ONE suspect or if there is 2 separate suspects.
Ambulances still leaving scene with lights on. Unclear if they are transporting more.

Many vehicles with bullet holes.

I got some weird accounts of the scene from my DD's best friend. When I heard the news on the radio I pulled over and called my DD. I knew she was not on the campus today, but I was just making sure. Her friend answered my DD's cell cuz DD was driving. Her firend told me a scary story about the incident. Her boyfriend was standing on Pico Blvd, which borders the campus, on his lunchbreak just before noon. He said that a young guy in black, with two weapons, was shooting at passing cars and he shot into a Big Blue Bus [ thats what their called in SM] and he thinks there were wounded passengers. Then they guy ran onto the campus. I have not heard this in msm so I don't know what to think.

Woman found in a car outside the burning house with a gunshot wound. (Where two men were found dead in that home.)

This sounds a lot like Adam Lanza.

I got some weird accounts of the scene from my DD's best friend. When I heard the news on the radio I pulled over and called my DD. I knew she was not on the campus today, but I was just making sure. Her friend answered my DD's cell cuz DD was driving. Her firend told me a scary story about the incident. Her boyfriend was standing on Pico Blvd, which borders the campus, on his lunchbreak just before noon. He said that a young guy in black, with two weapons, was shooting at passing cars and he shot into a Big Blue Bus [ thats what their called in SM] and he thinks there were wounded passengers. Then they guy ran onto the campus. I have not heard this in msm so I don't know what to think.

Yes I just posted that above pretty much. I missed some... but YES that was on the news too.
Multiple cars and a bus were full of bullet holes. He was just going left to right shooting everything.

Yes I just posted that above pretty much. I missed some... but YES that was on the news too.
Multiple cars and a bus were full of bullet holes. He was just going left to right shooting everything.

That is so frightening. My DD often sits in her car right at that exact intersection, and picks her roommates up from school. That is a major intersection in the city of Santa Monica and the high school and the College are side by side, right there. :frown:

Campus reporter passed a "body or at least a victim" on his way out.
Female just loaded into ambulance live. (Not a gunshot wound, injured knee running.)

KCAL9 local news - man dead outside library, wearing all black. Might be shooter.

Guy made eye contact with shooter, very focused.
Looked like he could be swat team member because of how he was dressed.
Helmet, bullet proof vest, boots. Wearing all black.

Who would have shot him??? That would be FAST for cops to arrive.

I wonder if the burning home has anything to do with this?

OOHHHHHHHH. Just heard on Channel 5 News:

The shooter originally did a home invasion robbery, killed 2 people, and set the home on fire.

Then he hijacked a car and drove it to the Pico intersection, and shot at passing cars and the bus.

And then he went to the campus and shot students.

The burning home is likely connected at this point.
It sounds like Adam Lanza... he likely killed people there and then went to the school.
That would be a HUGE coincidence if it wasn't connected.

He could have shot himself but I would think he wouldn't do that so quickly.
Why not wait until the cops arrive?

All FINALS cancelled at Santa Monica college for the day.
Finals? Wonder if that had something to do with it.

That body outside the library is the same body that the campus reporter mentioned.
All 4 victims transported to hospital were FEMALE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back