Missing Sexual offenders

Rocky

Former Member
Reaction score
I know I keep bringing up the fact that America has 100,000 missing sexual offenders that haven't kept their agreement to stay registered.

I am making a major push right now for the final approvals for Project ORN, a bounty hunting system to help track down some of the missing offenders.

some states like Louisianna make it easy to find out how many are missing, in New Orleans alone, they are missing 354 that they know of.

that's just one city, 2 children have been killed in the last month from missing offenders, what is it going to take for Bush to realize we have terrorists in our midst and we want something done about it.

do a search in your area to see if you can pull up a list of missing offenders, I'm curious how many areas make the info known...

first one I clicked

"Statute 14:78.1 Aggravated Incest
3604 Incest With Minor (NCIC Offense) "

here's another one...

Statute 14:81.1 *advertiser censored* Involving Juveniles
3700 Obscene Material (free text) (NCIC Offense)

and another, I've only looked at 10-12 of the ones missing

Statute 14:81 Indecent Behavior With Juveniles

the very next one I clicked...

Statute 14:78.1 Aggravated Incest
3604 Incest With Minor (NCIC Offense)

I bet you can't wait to bring your family to Louisiana now, huh...

Umm, no thank you, I guess I'll stay outta there. :(

I don't wish to sound dense,but any ideas on how I can fin dout how many are missing in Ohio? I probably don't want to know, though.:sick:

Thanks for calling attention to this! I had NO idea the problem
was so huge. :(

Blessings,prayers,and love,

Ariel

the fact is, every state has some sort of sexual offenders regristry and likewise, everystate has some of them missing. tennessee has just recently made it a felony if they don't notify the state within a period of time to reveal there place of residence. before our state law makers made some improvements to it half of the registared offenders could not be accounted for, most were not living at the locations that they had indicated and the largest part of them were not even in the state. fla. as one person said is the offenders capitol, mostly due to the warm climate and tourism these offenders can have a assortment of victims to choose from. something needs to be done to better track these people, I think that before they get out of jail and so on, they should have a tracking device implanted inside their body so they have no access to it. as ankle braclet might work for those that committed only one crime against a child and just got caught. those that have done this over and over will just remove the braclet or anklet as some call it, the law should state that if one is removed it becomes a federal offense. maybe make one that will explode in there face when cut off. I feel that child abuse in this country is largely to blame for the sexual offenders in this nation. those that have a corrupt home life as children go on to become all sorts of criminals.

dannyodie said:
those that have done this over and over will just remove the braclet or anklet as some call it,
If they've done it over and over they should not even be out...

However I do like the idea of the exploding anklet...kind of like those devices that protect clothing in stores to keep you from lifting them...except instead of exploding with die have them explode with acid or something

dannyodie said:
the fact is, every state has some sort of sexual offenders regristry and likewise, everystate has some of them missing. tennessee has just recently made it a felony if they don't notify the state within a period of time to reveal there place of residence. before our state law makers made some improvements to it half of the registared offenders could not be accounted for, most were not living at the locations that they had indicated and the largest part of them were not even in the state. fla. as one person said is the offenders capitol, mostly due to the warm climate and tourism these offenders can have a assortment of victims to choose from. something needs to be done to better track these people, I think that before they get out of jail and so on, they should have a tracking device implanted inside their body so they have no access to it. as ankle braclet might work for those that committed only one crime against a child and just got caught. those that have done this over and over will just remove the braclet or anklet as some call it, the law should state that if one is removed it becomes a federal offense. maybe make one that will explode in there face when cut off. I feel that child abuse in this country is largely to blame for the sexual offenders in this nation. those that have a corrupt home life as children go on to become all sorts of criminals.

it's been found the biggest deterent from having missing sexual offenders in a state is the severity of the penalty for not staying registered.

I think they need to come up with catagories of offenders depending on their crime.

If they committed a sexual crime against a child it should be the top offense and should be part of a Nationwide alert system, Federal offense felony to not register before moving in their case should be an arrestible offence.

on the other hand a drunk stumbling through the park and finding the restroom locked so he used a tree and got caught... doesn't need such a stiff penalty for not staying registered, should there be a seperate system for all child sexual offenders? anyone caught with child *advertiser censored* should instantly become a registered sexual offender.

is it possible?

if everyone reading this forum, and all families that have had a tragedy like this hit their family sent a letter, to their local government...

Demanding a change!!!

it could happen...

Excerpts from Patriot Ledger (Massachusetts) article 3/26/05
Patriot Ledger

SEX OFFENDERS FALLING THROUGH THE CRACKS

By KAREN ESCHBACHER
The Patriot Ledger
Could it happen here?

Police on the South Shore say they have their hands full keeping tabs on more than 400 registered sex offenders.

‘‘We wait for them to come in to us and formally register,'' Braintree Deputy Police Chief Russell Jenkins said. ‘‘Once that's done, we don't continue to monitor their residency. If they do move to another location, we don't have any way of knowing that unless they tell us themselves.''

Charles McDonald, a spokesman for the Sex Offender Registry Board, agrees that it's a tall order.

‘‘It's a burden,'' McDonald said. ‘‘Keeping this information current is a big job.''

As of this week, Massachusetts has 8,390 registered sex offenders. They are required to check in at least once a year and let officials know if they move or change jobs.

But 159 Level 3 sex offenders, considered the most dangerous and most likely to strike again, are in violation.

Another 4,155 sex offenders have never registered, though officials stress some of them are dead, in jail, out of state or on the list by mistake.

But even when AWOL sex offenders are caught, the punishment is often a slap on the wrist, records show.

In 2003 - the most recent year data is available - 643 sex offenders were arraigned in state courts for failing to register.

But only 38 were actually convicted of the charge during that same period, according to the Massachusetts Sentencing Commission. Of those, just 11 were ordered to serve any jail time, with an average sentence of 5½ months.

A Patriot Ledger review of South Shore cases found a similar trend.

In 26 failure-to-register cases in local district courts, only four defendants went to jail. Nine had their charges dismissed outright and the rest were given probation or their charges were dropped after they stayed out of trouble for a period of time.

Sen. Scott Brown of Wrentham, who has pushed to toughen the rules, said that with little threat of punishment, offenders have no incentive to register or keep their information current.

As an extra precaution, the state plans to launch a program aimed at keeping better tabs on the most dangerous sex offenders. Under the program, Level 3 sex offenders on probation will be monitored around-the-clock using global positioning system technology.

Coria Holland, a spokeswoman for the commissioner of probation, said the program should be in place soon.

Meanwhile, State Police are continuing a push to track down sex offenders who either never registered to begin with, or who did but later disappeared.

A couple years ago, that list numbered around 11,000. Through a combination of old-fashioned and high-tech detective work, the list is less than half that now, and some 1,430 sex offenders have been registered, Detective Lt. Kevin Horton of the State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension unit said.

Just this week, Level 3 sex offender Robert F. Pecore, whose face was plastered on the State Police's most wanted sex offenders poster, was arrested in North Carolina.

With his arrest, 10 of the 13 most wanted sex offenders have now been tracked down, and a new list is being planned, Horton said.

‘‘I've never seen a stronger response than I've seen from our first most wanted sex offender list,'' he said. ‘‘People pay attention to this and I think it's mainly because of the kids.''

Karen Eschbacher may be reached at keschbacher@ledger.com.

Copyright 2005 The Patriot Ledger
Transmitted Saturday, March 26, 2005

WCAX

Police Investigate Arrest Warrants

Burlington, Vermont - March 2, 2005

Authorities say more than 500 Vermont fugitives may have ducked the law for decades thanks to a paperwork mistake. Police are investigating the possibility that some of the warrants were never included on the FBI's national computer. Authorities are focusing on about 550 arrest warrants issued in Chittenden County since the mid-eighties. The investigation started two weeks ago after Vermont's most wanted fugitive was accidentally discovered in New Hampshire.

Edward Bessette's death ended his sixteen-year life-on-the-run as a Vermont fugitive from the law. He disappeared in 1988 while awaiting trial accused of sexual assault. Police say Bessette may have successfully ducked the law for so long because his arrest warrant was never entered on the FBI's national crime information computer. That means that even if he had been stopped by a cop over the past 16 years the officer would have had no way of knowing Bessette was wanted.

As a result of the Bessette situation, state police are now tracking the arrest warrants of more than 550 fugitives issued in Chittenden County since the mid-eighties. They want to know if those warrants were ever entered on the FBI national computer. All of the fugitives disappeared while awaiting trial for felonies, including serious offenses such as drug dealing, sexual assault, and aggravated assault. There is already some evidence that many of the warrants are NOT on the FBI list.

"The problem may be that the arrest warrant was not issued into NCIC because there was not a determination made on some level as to whether or not a person should be extradited," explained Bob Simpson, Chittenden County State's Attorney.

Simpson said the state must indicate a willingness to extradite in writing or the FBI will not enter the warrant into NCIC.

"It's something that's got to be fixed if there is a problem and I'm just not sure of that yet," said Simpson.

State police expect to conclude their investigation of the Chittenden County warrants within two weeks. They say they will also check warrants issued in the state's other counties.

Brian Joyce - Channel 3 News

everyone is making it so difficult the answer is easy...

send every registered offender a mail 2 times a year, if it bounces back, it means they moved over 6 months prior.

when you get a letter back "Not at this address"

put a bounty on their head to track them down...

then send the info into the nationwide tracking system, I don't care about minor offenders, I want the dangerous ones profiled to strike again.

Wanted Deador alive

Project ORN where the predators, become the hunted...

Murraydwyer,

thank you so much for these stories, you've given me points of contacts in two more states...

I hope others will realize how important this type of information is right now while we are setting everything up...

Right on, Rocky! Good job. Keep it up ......................

Rocky said:
do a search in your area to see if you can pull up a list of missing offenders, I'm curious how many areas make the info known...
I found the State Police (NJ) Sex Offender Registry the other day and was going through it. I was curious because we received door to door notification a few years back on someone who had been living amongst us for quite a while before he did something stupid again and got himself noticed. I couldn't find him, so I asked my husband why he wasn't in the directory. His reply was "Uh, that could be because he was killed in prison a few years ago" So that puts that concern to rest - but I was a little surprised that there was NOBODY listed for miles and miles around me. Not that I'm looking to have these people in my area, but as populated as New Jersey is, I find it hard to believe there aren't more - and with THAT thought in mind, I wonder how many are floating around unregistered.

JrZyChris said:
I found the State Police (NJ) Sex Offender Registry the other day and was going through it.
Did you find a section for those that have absconded?

Rocky said:
on the other hand a drunk stumbling through the park and finding the restroom locked so he used a tree and got caught... doesn't need such a stiff penalty for not staying registered...
I agree but the problem with making a distinction is the fear that every flasher will simply say that he wasn't exposing himself but only urinating, thereby losing potential future offenders in the very early stages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back