What happened to Jessica Heeringa?

What do you think happened to Jessica Heeringa?

• Jessica was abducted by someone that she knew

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Jessica was abducted by a stranger

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Jessica was taken against her will and is alive in an unknown location

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Jessica was taken against her will and was subsequently killed by her abductor

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Jessica left willingly with someone known to her

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jessica planned to disappear and does not want to be found

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Twenty-five year old Jessica Heeringa has not been seen since she worked a late shift on Friday, April 27at an Exxon gas station in Norton Shores, MI.

(Poll submitted by BetteDavisEyes)

I'm afraid my opinion is that "Jessica was taken against her will and was subsequently killed by her abductor", not sure if it was by someone she knew or not. While the Cleveland case calls for one to hold out hope, I think this type of scenario is comparatively rare. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I do not think Jessica would leave her son.

I hope that Jessica is found soon and her perp is in custody soon.

I'm sad to say that I feel that IMO "Jessica was taken against her will and was subsequently killed by her abductor".

I felt an urgency about this case from first reports and really believed she would have been found fairly soon after abduction. I do not believe it was someone who Jessica knew but feel the perp stalked or scoped out the business and the abduction was random. There was just a window of opportunity and the monster struck.

What I do not understand is the overall handling of the case. Info in the beginning was plentiful and was put out into the public asap to help identify and find Jessica. It seems to have been full of holes, and muddied up with odd witness accounts and unconfirmed personal opinions.

I believe some kind of searches involving community should have been done as well while the public was ready and willing to participate and was still hopeful that Jessica would be found alive. I understand why LE chose not to do this but I feel it was an error.

I would also like to know if the FBI or SS made any progress. As well, I think its past time due to hire in a private investigator or better the likes of Tim Miller or similar groups.

I hope I do not sound critical, I just wish this family could get some help and support to find Jessica.

jmo

And I, too, feel Jessica was taken against her will and subsequently killed by her abductor.

I want to vote but I just don't have any idea if she knew her abductor or if she is alive.
I know the statistics...likely she is not with us any longer but I just don't want to believe that.

I held out hope for several weeks that Jessica would be found alive and well. Now that she's been missing for more than six weeks, I have little hope that Jessica is still alive. I believe that she was taken against her will by someone who was an acquaintance of Jessica's. She struggled with her abductor but he likely ended up killing Jessica. :moo:

I believe that Jessica was abducted by someone who was essentially a stranger to her. I believe she may have known her abductor only casually, as a customer at the gas station. I'm certain she went unwillingly with her abductor, hence the blood found at the scene. I don't even want to speculate whether she was killed or is still alive. I know the probability; I just want to hold on to hope for the sake of Jessica and her loved ones.

I really believed at the beginning Jessica would be found quickly. It's so disappointing when there seems to be an abundance of clues from the start, but no progress has been made toward finding the victim month after month. I think the guy who took her is the same one who seemed to be staking out several gas stations in the area. I do believe he's a local. Have no employees from the other gas stations given descriptions of the man they considered suspicious to LE? Is there no video of the suspicious man from other stations?

IF Jessica is no longer alive, it's very likely the guy will attempt to strike again.

Just saw the JVM show that I had tevoed while working last week. I keep hoping that she will be found alive like Amanda Berry and the other girls... sigh... I don't believe that she left willingly and wish all station owners were required to have surveillance and 2 employees working at all times.

I still suspect the owner, I wish I could feel that she was abducted, but maybe she did leave on her own accord, making it look like an abduction. We cannot forget Mary Beth Smith. Google her, becauase everyone felt the same way: she would nvr leave her kids or husband the preacher. She did just that; when months later she was found on CCTV pawning her wedding rings. It was a good day; confirmation she was alive. She came fwd not too much later, in a press conference on film with her ATTY. Miles away and had already started a new life in NY. I think she went back to her hometown but from there who knows.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been an arrest in this case, it seems so straight forward. I think her abductor was someone she knew, I think it was well planned out and coordinated by multiple parties and was killed either there at the gas station or shortly thereafter.

Jessica's case will be featured on ID's Disappeared on April 11, 2016, iirc.*details posted at her thread

Jessica's case will be featured on ID's Disappeared on April 11, 2016, iirc.*details posted at her thread

Thanks for posting this information here margarita25. Jessica's case is one that I always keep a close eye on. The injustice of what has happened to Jessica is terrible she was just a mom going to work to earn money to look after her young son and some monster decided to take her. On the 26th of April 2016 it will have been three years since Jessica was kidnapped. For three years she has vanished without a trace and I hope and pray for a break in the case as soon as possible.

I think a male frequent customer took Jessica, someone with a history of violence, an individual who is a loner and has problems with women. This is just my opinion.

Sadly, she appears to have been the target of a possible local serial killer named Jeffrey Willis. On April 16 2016, he is alleged to have attempted the kidnapping of a 16 year old girl. When they discovered a "kidnapping/kit" in his vehicle after he was identified, they began looking into cold cases and immediately linked him to Jessica Heeringa and Rebekah Bletsch. The case is now playing itself out in court, and he is facing multiple charges for homemade child *advertiser censored*, attempted kidnapping and both murders. The police have a solid circumstantial case on him for Heeringa, though Heeringa has still not been confirmed to be alive or dead. His cousin, a corrections officer named Kevin Bluhm, is also facing charges for lying to the police and accessory after the fact. He indicated that she may be deceased, but recanted his statement.

Local medica coverage: http://topics.mlive.com/tag/jeffrey-willis-case/

Sadly, she appears to have been the target of a possible local serial killer named Jeffrey Willis. On April 16 2016, he is alleged to have attempted the kidnapping of a 16 year old girl. When they discovered a "kidnapping/kit" in his vehicle after he was identified, they began looking into cold cases and immediately linked him to Jessica Heeringa and Rebekah Bletsch. The case is now playing itself out in court, and he is facing multiple charges for homemade child *advertiser censored*, attempted kidnapping and both murders. The police have a solid circumstantial case on him for Heeringa, though Heeringa has still not been confirmed to be alive or dead. His cousin, a corrections officer named Kevin Bluhm, is also facing charges for lying to the police and accessory after the fact. He indicated that she may be deceased, but recanted his statement.

Local medica coverage: http://topics.mlive.com/tag/jeffrey-willis-case/

Holy cow,just saw this:

"By using*cellphone records, Willis' participation in a Magic: The Gathering Tournament showed he had been in a game shop next door to Heeringa's workplace the day Heeringa disappeared, according to Kasher.

"He was also involved in a magic tournament, which is at the Pointes Mall, which is located about 200 yards, 250 yards north of the gas station where you could see -- the parking lot could see the back of the gas station," Kasher said, according to a court transcript. Willis' credit card history showed he had often purchased items at the gas station, including the night before Heeringa was abducted."

I had wondered about this place when she first went missing...looking for post...

Holy cow,just saw this:

"By using*cellphone records, Willis' participation in a Magic: The Gathering Tournament showed he had been in a game shop next door to Heeringa's workplace the day Heeringa disappeared, according to Kasher.

"He was also involved in a magic tournament, which is at the Pointes Mall, which is located about 200 yards, 250 yards north of the gas station where you could see -- the parking lot could see the back of the gas station," Kasher said, according to a court transcript. Willis' credit card history showed he had often purchased items at the gas station, including the night before Heeringa was abducted."

I had wondered about this place when she first went missing...looking for post...

The land you are wondering about is a gas station off a major highway with a a couple of isolated businesses and a small strip mall called the Pointe Shopping Center. They are all markedly separated by open land and the local airport behind them. Pointes is notable for being in traffic observation distance of the gas station.

The land you are wondering about is a gas station off a major highway with a a couple of isolated businesses and a small strip mall called the Pointe Shopping Center. They are all markedly separated by open land and the local airport behind them. Pointes is notable for being in traffic observation distance of the gas station.

Hi Essex,

I see you are new here. Welcome :) :wave:

:welcome:

Are you local? I looked for the post forever last night finally gave up. Now that we know JW is likely responsible for Jessica's disappearance, I am interested, as we all are, in where he put Jessica, and potentially where his "dumping grounds" is. Maybe somewhere he can revisit, somewhere fairly close and familiar, but maybe not too close? Idk, I've always leaned towards this being an abduction by a sexual predator. In the early threads I brainstormed on some areas. Heres an example:

#398 thread 1

Maybe we can redirect this conversation to Jessica's thread. We also have a thread for JW.

Or what the heck. I guess we can stay right here. I think the thread title matches okay...? Its a poll thread though...maybe redirect...

Here's a link to thread 1:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ica-Heeringa-25-Norton-Shores-26-April-2013-1

Hi Essex,

I see you are new here. Welcome :) :wave:

:welcome:

Are you local? I looked for the post forever last night finally gave up. Now that we know JW is likely responsible for Jessica's disappearance, I am interested, as we all are, in where he put Jessica, and potentially where his "dumping grounds" is. Maybe somewhere he can revisit, somewhere fairly close and familiar, but maybe not too close? Idk, I've always leaned towards this being an abduction by a sexual predator. In the early threads I brainstormed on some areas. Heres an example:

#398 thread 1

Maybe we can redirect this conversation to Jessica's thread. We also have a thread for JW.

Or what the heck. I guess we can stay right here. I think the thread title matches okay...? Its a poll thread though...maybe redirect...

Here's a link to thread 1:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ica-Heeringa-25-Norton-Shores-26-April-2013-1

Thanks for the welcome! I am suffering from quality of connection right now, so I'll try and limit my replies to addressing your points.
- I am semi local and familiar with the area. Norton Shores is part of muskegon county, which includes a dozen other townships.
- I have been following the case since April, reading articles and personal sleuthing.
- I think the other thread is Jessica Heeringa #9. I don't know protocol on these things.
- As I understand it, they've ripped apart the grandfather's house and triedd a couple local points with cadaver dogs. My concern is that he used his former skills as a butcher to dispose of the body as animal remains at a dump down the road from his house. That would be problematic. Not really sites about a starting point on this. I've been focusing on the cousin.

Thanks for the welcome! I am suffering from quality of connection right now, so I'll try and limit my replies to addressing your points.
- I am semi local and familiar with the area. Norton Shores is part of muskegon county, which includes a dozen other townships.
- I have been following the case since April, reading articles and personal sleuthing.
- I think the other thread is Jessica Heeringa #9. I don't know protocol on these things.
- As I understand it, they've ripped apart the grandfather's house and triedd a couple local points with cadaver dogs. My concern is that he used his former skills as a butcher to dispose of the body as animal remains at a dump down the road from his house. That would be problematic. Not really sites about a starting point on this. I've been focusing on the cousin.

Thanks for your response.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back