Identified! NM - Nenahnezad, Male Skel UP10308, 25-50, May'12 - Jesse Estrada

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The FBI and Navajo Nation Division of Public Safety are seeking the public’s help to identify skeletal human remains found in Nenahnezad, New Mexico, on the Navajo Indian Reservation in San Juan County.

aq060413_1.jpg

.. a Hispanic or Native American male.
... had a permanent retainer behind the lower front teeth and a small chip on the upper right front tooth.

. between 28-52 years old when he died, had all four wisdom teeth removed, and had a broken nose that had healed.

... the presence of the dental retainer indicates they are not ancient.

http://www.fbi.gov/albuquerque/pres...an-remains-found-on-navajo-indian-reservation

This John Doe is in NamUs as UP 10308

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10308

One thing that striked me when I saw this recontruction and the way it makes him look is, could he have had a cleft lip and/or palate? There is something in the way he looks that that remind me of the people I know who have this condition. That could also explain the retainer because teeth problems are common with this condition and the broken nose unless they can see that it is broken from an accident and not an intentional break to make som kind of reconstruction of it. The nose can be affected by the cleft as well and be crooked and that might in some cases mean that they have to break it to
make it straight again.

This is just a theory but since that was my first thought and his other characteristics are in line with my thought I think it is worth considering this possibility. However, do not just look at people with this condition.

1a3f2ab0-0365-47ac-845c-abc0925df052_zps05170bcb.jpg

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3536660.shtml#.U_OgPSgqWAA

The FBI has identified skeletal remains found on the Navajo Nation more than two years ago. Now, authorities need help determining how he died.

DNA analysis revealed the remains were those of Jesse Jacob Estrada, Jr., who was 25 when he was last seen by a family member in Farmington in April 2012.

A human skull and other bone fragments were found near the Nenahnezad Chapter House in Nenahnezad, New Mexico, just one month later.

It doesn't look like he was ever reported missing. I don't understand how people vanish and family members aren't suspicious! :gaah:

It doesn't look like he was ever reported missing. I don't understand how people vanish and family members aren't suspicious! :gaah:

Because sometimes you don't want them found. And not in a "they're buried in the North 40" kind of way. My mother and I have no idea where my sister is. Frankly, we don't care. We certainly don't want the police tracking her down for a welfare check and making her think she should show up on my doorstep.

Who's to say they never reported him missing? We know from experience that only a fraction of missing persons cases are put in NAMUS and other online databases. It is getting better, however, they could have gone to the local police and reported it and it remained in their files only.

Because sometimes you don't want them found. And not in a "they're buried in the North 40" kind of way. My mother and I have no idea where my sister is. Frankly, we don't care. We certainly don't want the police tracking her down for a welfare check and making her think she should show up on my doorstep.

:silenced:

Thank you for this. Before, I couldn't fathom that people wouldn't check on their family/friends if they went missing. I'm interested to know though - and you don't need to get into it if you don't want to - but is there a reason you don't care? NOT judging you, just very, very curious. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back