GUILTY MD - Melinda Schaefer, 28, stabbed to death, Reisterstown, 14 June 2013

Poor young woman.

Here's a review of the Townhome's.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/MD/Reisterstown/Townes-at-Harvest-View_410517236021136

Ms. Schaefer has responded to at least one. They are all positive save for one. That was back in 20101 I think and personal against the property manager. The past property manager it appears? Probably just a coincidence, but someone replied to it on June 7. That's a few years after it was posted.

RIP Ms. Schaefer. So young.

Hi. I'm new to this site and I have been reading about this murder because I live in the area and saw the crime scene hours after it happened. I found out the victims name before it was released and I also wanted to share a post from someone responding to the article in the Baltimore Sun. A person named Kay Watson responded with this bombshell and posted that it was odd that two years ago on Father's Day weekend Melinda Schaefers Aunt, Uncle and Cousin were murdered in New Mexico. Melinda was murdered on Father's Day weekend. Lloyd and Dixie Ortiz and their son Stephen were killed with a pick ax in there home and the crime is still unsolved and the police are not coming forth easily with information for some reason. Melinda, as the reports come in, was stabbed with an unknown object in the same way. The Ortiz murders are indeed a mystery and I'm thinking that Melinda's murder is connected to it. The poster, Kay Watson, is an inlaw of Dixie Ortiz whose maiden name was Watson. If you do some sluething you will find this whole thing is very strange. I believe it was a hit and it was in retaliation for something and it was done by a gang working for one of the big drug cartels. If you read some of the articles on the extended Ortiz family you will see interviews with family members who tell of being threatened by gang members before the Ortiz murders occurred. I hope they find Melinda Schaefer's killer. She had only been newly married for about a year.

I wanted to add that Melinda Schaefer has absolutely NO electronic footprint. In other words no Facebook account, no LinkedIn account, no Twitter account no nothing. I find it odd that a 29 year old has no presence on the internet at all. I can find nothing. This raises a red flag to me. Perhaps she was trying to remain anonymous because of her relatives murders and the fact that she may have been targeted??? Thoughts anyone???

Here is the original post from Kay Watson regarding Melinda Schaefers murder:

Kay Watson • 3 days ago

2 years ago on Father's Day weekend, Melinda Schaefer's Uncle Lloyd Ortiz, his wife, Dixie Watson Ortiz, and their son Steven Ortiz were all found murdered at their home outside of Santa Fe, NM. Odd that this happened on the same weekend, just 2 years apart isn't it? They (NM State Police) still have not found the murderer(s) at the current time.

Hi Filly,
Thank you for the link to the article. That article has misinformation in it in that the Ortiz family was not shot as the police first thought but they were stabbed to death with a pick ax found just outside of their house. The police seemed to have botched this case big time. They are still eyeing one of the daughters Cherie Ortiz-Rios as the prime suspect. She said the police first approached her and asked where she had hid the gun she used to shoot her family. There never was a gun. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to tell the difference between a gunshot and a stab wound let alone a police officer who sees gunshot wounds pretty regularly. The Baltimore County police had a town hall meeting the night before last to discuss the ongoing investigation. They are saying only that they may be on to something. More to come.

Hello. I just came across your post on the internet while searching for other articles. I had to join and reply. Kay Watson is a relative by marriage, and although her post is factual it did happen and the case is still unsolved to this day it has NO connection to the death Melinda Schaefer; other then they both occurred in June of different years. The person who brutally murdered Melinda is awaiting trial behind bars. I will not give details about her case as it still has not gone to trial. Rest assured Melinda was a very caring individual with no legal trouble whatsoever; and just happened to be doing her job as a property manager. If you live in the community you know the maintenance man who lived on the property was arrested. You may know more about him than I. You might know what activities he was involved in. As far as the below post and my thoughts on that. Melinda has a personal FB page which has been activated since 2007. She also had a FB page for the community in which she managed for her tenants. I also have a In Loving Memory page for her as she was loved by many. She was a unarmed, beautiful, loving, caring individual who was doing her job in her office when she was ambushed for reasons we are still waiting to find out.

Hello. I just came across your post on the internet while searching for other articles. I had to join and reply. Kay Watson is a relative by marriage, and although her post is factual it did happen and the case is still unsolved to this day it has NO connection to the death Melinda Schaefer; other then they both occurred in June of different years. The person who brutally murdered Melinda is awaiting trial behind bars. I will not give details about her case as it still has not gone to trial. Rest assured Melinda was a very caring individual with no legal trouble whatsoever; and just happened to be doing her job as a property manager. If you live in the community you know the maintenance man who lived on the property was arrested. You may know more about him than I. You might know what activities he was involved in. As far as the below post and my thoughts on that. Melinda has a personal FB page which has been activated since 2007. She also had a FB page for the community in which she managed for her tenants. I also have a In Loving Memory page for her as she was loved by many. She was a unarmed, beautiful, loving, caring individual who was doing her job in her office when she was ambushed for reasons we are still waiting to find out.

Thank you for the update. Are there any news articles about the arrest or the current trial? Could you link then please? I'm so sorry for this family's losses.

From July 2015:

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/woodlawn-man-sentenced-to-30-years-in-leasing-office-murder/34039320

A 29-year-old man from Woodlawn was sentenced Tuesday to 30 years in prison for the stabbing death of an apartment leasing manager.

Rashaan Williams was convicted on April 24 of second-degree murder for killing Melinda Maltese Schaefer...

Williams was employed as a maintenance worker for the complex at the time of the murder... The prosecution's theory was Williams snapped when it appeared Schaefer was about to fire him. Documents detailing Williams' poor work performance and a termination form were found on her desk in the leasing office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back