IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)

Photos and Maps

Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110615/NEWS02/106150373

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29

Attachments

• spierermap3.jpg
    spierermap3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 55
Just one thing. Last week I had a meeting with a police officer who has worked the Lauren Spierer case in Bloomington. I asked him what he believed happened. He gave me an account that was like what the Wolff's are claiming. I noted that Jesse is the only POI who is giving that story and asked if he thought the boyfriend did it. "Hard to say. These guys left town right away and lawyer-ed up".

Just one thing. Last week I had a meeting with a police officer who has worked the Lauren Spierer case in Bloomington. I asked him what he believed happened. He gave me an account that was like what the Wolff's are claiming. I noted that Jesse is the only POI who is giving that story and asked if he thought the boyfriend did it. "Hard to say. These guys left town right away and lawyer-ed up".
Could you elaborate on "What the Wolff's are claiming." They are claiming a lot of things, including that BPD is not trustworthy.

Do we know when everyone (PsOI) actually left town? I assume of JR, CR, MB, and JW all would've been expected to leave town at some point anyway for the summer. Did anyone leave sooner than expected? Any unfinished business left behind?

Do we know when everyone (PsOI) actually left town? I assume of JR, CR, MB, and JW all would've been expected to leave town at some point anyway for the summer. Did anyone leave sooner than expected? Any unfinished business left behind?

IU students may or may not leave town for the summer. I don't remember when IU started having discounted tuition for summer classes, but when they did, it made staying in Bloomington for the summer more attractive. IU has a complex summer school schedule. There are simultaneous four week sessions, six week sessions, eight week sessions, and twelve week sessions during one twelve week period during the summer. If any of the PsOI were there just for the first four week session, then they would have been done with classes within a few days after LS disappeared.

From news reports, it appears that JW, MB, and HT were enrolled in summer classes but I don't know which session(s). Anyone know if JR and CR were taking classes?

Thread #30 -- Thanks Bessie.

I hope this will be the last one, and that there will be answers for the Spierers and justice for Lauren soon.

Thread #30 -- Thanks Bessie.

I hope this will be the last one, and that there will be answers for the Spierers and justice for Lauren soon.

From your keyboard/touchscreen to God's ears. This has gone on much too long!

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

This statement continues to be on every bulletin update about Lauren.
WAS she seen walking down college? JR has never been quoted as saying he saw her walking down College Ave., just that he saw her turn the corner.
Since we have been dissecting every statement, I'm just wondering why LE
or this site, even, would keep that statement in. Instead, it could read something like, "she was last seen turning the corner of 11th and College," or "she was last seen on the corner of 11th and College."
Unless she was seen walking down College. As we know, the statement goes on to say she didn't arrive at her building, and wasn't seen
on camera entering the building.
Supposing LE does have a witness who saw her walking on College, that doesn't necessarily clear the POIs at 5N, anyone could have followed her,
so I can see why they wouldn't clear them of abducting Lauren, but to me, it kinda points to maybe she didn't OD at 5N and they might not have hidden her body because of an accidental OD.
Again, anyone at 5N could have followed after her, but to consistently say that she was last seen walking down College is a conundrum. If we are going to analyze the POI statements for contradictions, then we need to examine
this statement because it augments what JR, the last person who supposedly saw her, states.
If we are going to say, "well, LE means that she was turning the corner,"
then we should be able to accept slightly different versions of what happened from the POIs as well.
Turning the corner is not walking down the street.

hi Jacobite, I think it's you who has also viewed video footage of College
Ave. at the time Lauren was supposed to be walking south. You said there was a young skateboarder going the opposite direction across the street, and another woman pedestrian on the other side of the street, Lauren's side,
but not Lauren. Then you said for us to draw our own conclusions, or something like that.
The obvious conclusion would be that Lauren was not on there. The other conclusion would be that she is there, and for some reason, they have left her out/erased her from the video, just like LE did in Mickey's case.
If that woman pedestrian was also our 3:38 witness, then she could have also been with Lauren, or caught up with Lauren, after she left.

Ix, I believe that was Btown, re N. Walnut

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #29

Since he was describing viewing the security footage, I don't think it's likely that anyone was erased.

ETA: since you've brought it up a few times, I'm curious about why/how Mickey was deleted from security footage by LE. Could you post an MSM link? TIA

You're right about BTown, sorry Jacobite. Abbey, nothing in BTown's answer really assures us of anything except there might've been two pedestrians on the street, and that Lauren might not have been there.

Abbey, sorry I really don't want to peruse Mickey's threads, it's pretty much common knowledge that when LE released the pictures of two white trucks
as possible abduction vehicles, they already knew which truck it was because before they released it, they erased Mickey on her bike, being accosted by the driver in the truck.
The discussions over what may have been erased from the still pictures
of the video went on for hundreds of posts; and in the end, after BSL confessed, LE admitted they had erased Mickey and IIRC, released the untouched photos which I did not view.
Not to be irreverent to Lauren, but if/when it's solved, it would be like them saying, "Oh yeah, we do have photos of the perp/accomplice with Lauren but we erased her/perp/accomplice from the earlier released photos.
And if they do, it's their perogative to do what is necessary for finding Lauren and getting a conviction.

@ixchel

I just wanted to know if it was theory or fact. No need to read through all of the posts -- normally people post links to MSM articles here, and I was interested in reading about it. If you're not aware of any, no problem.

@ixchel

I just wanted to know if it was theory or fact. No need to read through all of the posts -- normally people post links to MSM articles here, and I was interested in reading about it. If you're not aware of any, no problem.

I searched quite a bit and I never found any MSM reports about LE altering the surveillance photos/videos. When I found this site I thought it was a likely place but I never saw any mention:
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

...although I could've missed it...

I searched quite a bit and I never found any MSM reports about LE altering the surveillance photos/videos. When I found this site I thought it was a likely place but I never saw any mention:
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

...although I could've missed it...

search Mickey Shunick, then the thread 'The DWT-The Trucks(s) and the Surveillance Images.' hundreds of posts discussing these and towards the end people find out Mickey was blurred out of a photo and discuss that.It is also discussed in the thread 'BSL-New Evidence Revealed' in posts #4, 100, 103, 107, 269, 350 and 371 to name just a few.

search Mickey Shunick, then the thread 'The DWT-The Trucks(s) and the Surveillance Images.' hundreds of posts discussing these and towards the end people find out Mickey was blurred out of a photo and discuss that.It is also discussed in the thread 'BSL-New Evidence Revealed' in posts #4, 100, 103, 107, 269, 350 and 371 to name just a few.

'The DWT-The Trucks(s) and the Surveillance Images.'

That thread ends up debunking the idea the photo was manipulated from what I read. At least as far as the bike being under the truck. Was there another theory? I never found any LE admission in the MSM that the photo was doctored. And for that matter, I don't think it matters to this case. I have no doubt if LE thought photoshopping someone out of a photo could help a case to be solved then it would be done in short order.

I thought it would be interesting to read of a case where they'd done that and compare that to how it might apply here, but if it happened in the MS case then I'm not finding any official talk or explanations about it (and it was the official reasoning I was wanting to hear about). Just theory and conjecture from posters, and ultimately, at least in the one thread, a fairly credible debunking that it had happened in that case. I didn't read the other thread.

Ok... I couldn't stop halfway so I scanned the other thread. It has links to the case PDF. I still don't see an official admission to photoshopping anything in the MS case. But that said, it does appear LE had additional video that is described than what was released in a couple of screen grabs. Or if they are somehow describing the same video that was posted it sounds more like they just didn't use the frames that showed the bike and truck in the same frame, not that anything was photoshopped out. The majority of the speculation I read on the photoshopping actually had to do with the bike under the truck which ultimately was debunked and clearly not proven to be accurate. But clearly a video is described by LE with the truck passing along side the bike. Whether that was a 2nd video LE had or somehow played out in the same video they released screen caps from I have no idea. It really seems like it would be a 2nd video for a few reasons. But nowhere did I read of LE admitting to any manipulating of the image. At best it was picking and choosing which screen caps to use and selectively not showing the ones that included both the truck and the bike. ...IMHO...

And unfortunately I'm right back to where I started with no official confirmation that LE manipulated photos. I appreciate the links Ixchel13. I at least have a better idea of that whole discussion now and some official background I never knew that came from this:
(Page 15) http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG1959111016.PDF

That makes sense. I was also confused by the photoshopping issue -- I couldn't find the answer about this in a google search yesterday and didn't have time to read the other thread, so this is really helpful. Thanks guys!

Ok... I couldn't stop halfway so I scanned the other thread. It has links to the case PDF. I still don't see an official admission to photoshopping anything in the MS case. But that said, it does appear LE had additional video that is described than what was released in a couple of screen grabs. Or if they are somehow describing the same video that was posted it sounds more like they just didn't use the frames that showed the bike and truck in the same frame, not that anything was photoshopped out. The majority of the speculation I read on the photoshopping actually had to do with the bike under the truck which ultimately was debunked and clearly not proven to be accurate. But clearly a video is described by LE with the truck passing along side the bike. Whether that was a 2nd video LE had or somehow played out in the same video they released screen caps from I have no idea. It really seems like it would be a 2nd video for a few reasons. But nowhere did I read of LE admitting to any manipulating of the image. At best it was picking and choosing which screen caps to use and selectively not showing the ones that included both the truck and the bike. ...IMHO...

And unfortunately I'm right back to where I started with no official confirmation that LE manipulated photos. I appreciate the links Ixchel13. I at least have a better idea of that whole discussion now and some official background I never knew that came from this:
(Page 15) http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG1959111016.PDF

well, it seems the info was somewhere amongst those threads, maybe someone else could help, it gave me a headache sifting back through the threads to find the right one! But, you did find out that LE had additional frames with Mickey and perp that they did not release.
My point was that BTown has viewed a video that has a woman pedestrian on the same street at the same time as Lauren was supposed to be there according to JR. They also show us a video shot of Lauren in the hallway but don't show us who she is with.
Long shot, but what if there were two people with Lauren and not just DR
in that hallway? DR has been cleared (supposedly), so this other person, if any, could be one of the unnamed POIs.
And this witness, the female bar mgr., could also be saying the last time she saw Lauren she was being carried over a swarthy man's shoulders.--for all we know, she could also be a POI. Did someone come out of 10th and College to pick up Lauren and take her back to JR's? At those steps, a person is just as close to SW as to JRs. At that point, if that person knew Lauren, they could have taken her home instead.
Also, saying a mysterious swarthy man entered the picture and committed the crime at 3:38 exactly is a huge cliche, doesn't make sense in this story and has always sounded false, incl, her exact noting of the time, completely possible but when we are saying that knowing Lauren had a fake ID is another sign of JRs guilt, I would say it's just as plausable.
Without the slightest doubt, LE had much more incriminating evidence
in the Mickey Shunick case in the direct nature of video footage, and from the very beginning of her disappearance, and this video clearly showed the perp's truck alongside Mickey on her bike in the frame.
We can discuss all that was wrong about my observations in my above posts, but we cannot deny that LE may actually have much more than the 5N
POIs and this woman pedestrian intrigues me, especially if she is also the bar mgr.

That thread ends up debunking the idea the photo was manipulated from what I read. At least as far as the bike being under the truck. Was there another theory? I never found any LE admission in the MSM that the photo was doctored. And for that matter, I don't think it matters to this case. I have no doubt if LE thought photoshopping someone out of a photo could help a case to be solved then it would be done in short order.

I thought it would be interesting to read of a case where they'd done that and compare that to how it might apply here, but if it happened in the MS case then I'm not finding any official talk or explanations about it (and it was the official reasoning I was wanting to hear about). Just theory and conjecture from posters, and ultimately, at least in the one thread, a fairly credible debunking that it had happened in that case. I didn't read the other thread.

akh, this is driving me mad, lol, but there is another section in these Mickey Shunick threads, maybe not in the DWT thread, that describes a different scenario than the bike under the truck. The poster describes a ghost shadow of a bike, slightly visible because Mickey had lights all around both wheels, tells us to look closely and carefully and you could see this shadow of a bike partially behind the truck. I thought I could see it. Then people discussed this pro and con for many posts and when it was found that LE did have pics of Mickey alongside the perp. people commented about photoshopping and this was the pic they were talking about, not the under the truck one by the gas station.

And this witness, the female bar mgr., could also be saying the last time she saw Lauren she was being carried over a swarthy man's shoulders.--for all we know, she could also be a POI. Did someone come out of 10th and College to pick up Lauren and take her back to JR's? At those steps, a person is just as close to SW as to JRs. At that point, if that person knew Lauren, they could have taken her home instead.
Also, saying a mysterious swarthy man entered the picture and committed the crime at 3:38 exactly is a huge cliche, doesn't make sense in this story and has always sounded false, incl, her exact noting of the time, completely possible but when we are saying that knowing Lauren had a fake ID is another sign of JRs guilt, I would say it's just as plausable.
Without the slightest doubt, LE had much more incriminating evidence
in the Mickey Shunick case...<snipped for space> .

BBM: yes, It was CR. there is no mystery man, according to the PI.

My guess is that LE likely does have more evidence we don't know about. (Maybe even video surveillance of a vehicle they identified) But so far, there's no indication that anything points to the witness or anyone else who has not been named as a POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member