GUILTY PA - Richard & Mary Beth Frankenfield for child endangerment, Bradford County, 2013

ArianeEmory

Reaction score
TOWANDA — A Bradford County couple has been accused of keeping a daughter afflicted with cerebral palsy in a makeshift cage in a closet for extended periods over the past three years.

The victim, now 12, told police when she was 10, she was forced almost daily for extended periods of time to remain in a cage fashioned out a baby’s crib and plywood.

Richard and Mary Beth Frankenfield of the Dushore area were arraigned Thursday on state police charges of false imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a child.

More here.

There are all kind of agencies out there who would have gladly given this child assistance. There was no need for the other children to ever be responsible for their sibling, so the parents' contention that they locked the child up to keep the siblings from having to take care of her is pure bunk.

I won't go into what I think of the parents because I don't want to get my mouth washed out with cyber-soap; suffice it to say that while I'm a Christian, I feel that in some cases the Old Testament's "eye for an eye" would still be effective. In this case, these parents should be locked in a crib cage and a closet for hours on end...minute for minute that their daughter was locked up.

O/T
"Cyber-soap" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Charges were filed by Towanda State Police after an investigation revealed the couple locked their daughter in a makeshift cage by screwing plywood onto a crib for extended periods of time. This started in December 2010 when the victim was 10-years-old...

The Frankenfields also reportedly forced their daughter to spend extended periods of time in their bedroom closet, calling it the girl's bedroom. They told police the closet is about 4 feet wide and had a crib mattress and toys for their daughter, who was 11 at the time.

51c46b4d3bd46.preview-300.jpg

http://m.tiogapublishing.com/news/b...05a-da7d-11e2-80a6-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

The daughter was locked in during the day while the adults were at work because the mother said she did not think it was fair for her other children to care for her, the document alleges. Mary Beth Frankenfield, 49, admitted making the “cage,” claiming it was for her daughter’s protection because she had taken medicine by mistake and had gotten into perfume, hand sanitizer and other things, the affidavit states.

Richard Frankenfield. 55, told police he was aware of the sleeping arrangements and make-shift cage and claimed the girl could not be trusted, the affidavit alleges.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...used_of_caging_daug.html#incart_river_default

January 2015:

Richard Frankenfield was sentenced to seven to 23 months in jail for locking a young girl in a makeshift cage over the course of several years.

The judge in Bradford County says she gave him the maximum sentence because he showed no remorse.

Richard Frankenfield had some choice words for Newswatch 16 as he walked into the Bradford County Courthouse.

"Don't you have better things to do? You have no life? No life at all?"...

The girl is no longer living with the Frankenfields and was at the sentencing. She says she is relieved it is over...

Mary Beth Frankenfield pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to between five and 23 months in jail. She was released after serving five months

http://wnep.com/2015/01/22/frankenfield-sentenced-to-jail-for-abuse/

May 2004:

According to the police criminal complaint, Frankenfield confessed and "estimated that he sexually assaulted [the girl] approximately 30 times."...

Rufe asked Frankenfield if he understood that by pleading guilty he was admitting to "assault upon a minor under the age of 13 for the purpose of gratifying your sexual urges."

Frankenfield answered yes....

"Richland Police Chief Larry Cerami said "You hope some justice will be served, but you never know if it will make an impact on this guy's life."

http://articles.mcall.com/2004-05-04/news/3541670_1_richard-frankenfield-indecent-assault-sexual

It's scary that either of these people has access to any children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back