GUILTY WA - Susann Smith, 37, murdered, Bothell, 12 Feb 2013

Creepy is right.....I just watched the video but need to watch it again. Wow....I can't describe how odd it made me feel. His eyes really spooked me!

he and his gf were having sex in the front yard this week?

(from your link, Nell's)

"Thursday's arrest was Smith's second run in with the law this week. On Monday, neighbors called police after they heard a woman screaming. When officers arrived, they found Smith and his girlfriend, Love Thai, having sex in the yard."

"Smith was not arrested or cited for the Monday incident."

These two are so bizarre....I'm at a Loss for words. Thank God the state took the kids away.

~scratches head and quickly exits thread without opening link because these two seem too creepy~

Are we allowed to link the girlfriends page? PleaseOHpleaseOHplease??

I'm so glad others are interested in this case! From what I can tell, it's only been getting local attention, but the people involved and the circumstances are quite fascinating, and unfortunately, quite familiar. It reminds me of Susan Powell, and yes, there are kids involved.

The husband and his new girlfriend were having sex on the lawn when the police went to the home to investigate screams coming from the house (read one of the news links for details).

<modsnip>

http://www.bothell-reporter.com/news/208901791.html?mobile=true

Susann Smith, 37, was found with defensive wounds on her hands and arms, a fractured skull, 19 separate blunt force strikes and stab wounds to her face and hands, court documents state. She had to be identified by her dental records.

Witness interviews paint a picture of Alan Smith&#8217;s frustration with the couple&#8217;s custody battle. Susann Smith had threatened to move back to Germany and take the kids, according to court records.

Bothell police found Susann Smith&#8217;s body in her bathtub with no signs of sexual assault and the front door unlocked.

Just came across this article...long but full of info on these two.

"His girlfriend, Love Thai, was there to defend him. <modsnip>"

"Thai said, &#8220;I feel absolutely safe. Absolutely. <modsnip>

<modsnip>

&#8220;I don&#8217;t know what his threshold is,&#8221; Thai said. &#8220;Is the possibility and the capability there? Yea.&#8221;

<modsnip>

&#8220;He said he did not do it,&#8221; Thai said. &#8220;So, I stand by him and the truth will always set people free.&#8221;

"Alan Smith is due back in court on July 2."

http://q13fox.com/2013/06/21/alan-smith-named-suspect-in-murder-of-estranged-wife/#axzz2WxZnDzrx

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/06/21/alan-smith-named-suspect-in-murder-of-estranged-wife/#ixzz2Wxak6gNw

Nells I alerted a mod on your first post to see if we can change the title to reflect Alan Smith's status as a suspect.

I really hope no one is entertaining the idea of giving this custody of his children, and that they are safe where they are.

This case is fascinating.. I agree with the poster who said it was like susan powell.

So sad. Susann was murdered and all this man can talk about is his "healing" and personal journey".

Mr. Smith and his gf seem to be incredibly self-absorbed, and doing some reading
it seems that some people are already feeling sorry for the gf, saying that she's probably been snowed by him. Sorry, I'm not buying that line. She knew that he was a poi and LE have already talked to her, but she wants to stand by her man (creepy as he is). She's all about forgiveness, but if she doesn't believe he committed the murder, then what's to be forgiven?
Seems both of them are enjoying their 15 minutes.

I'm wondering why his children were taken away. Did I miss it in one of the articles?

So sad. Susann was murdered and all this man can talk about is his "healing" and personal journey".

Mr. Smith and his gf seem to be incredibly self-absorbed, and doing some reading
it seems that some people are already feeling sorry for the gf, saying that she's probably been snowed by him. Sorry, I'm not buying that line. She knew that he was a poi and LE have already talked to her, but she wants to stand by her man (creepy as he is). She's all about forgiveness, but if she doesn't believe he committed the murder, then what's to be forgiven?
Seems both of them are enjoying their 15 minutes.

I'm wondering why his children were taken away. Did I miss it in one of the articles?

My guess about her involvement with him is that she needed the drama and attention from the situation like she needed a fix. I'm serious about that.

MOD NOTE:
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player...

Rules, Etiquette & Information

Also, if you cannot post a link because a site isn't approved, then you can't post what you read at the site, either.

:tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back