Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

Can you believe it. I'm the first poster (I think). Sorry I don't have any snacks, popcorn or beer to offer, but I'll leave that up to some of the more talented websleuthers. :blushing:

Anyway, I'm still a little wishy washy about watching the movie. I have decided to record it and make my decision later. Ya .. who am I kidding? I will watch it, I'm sure ... but I know it will disappoint. I know there will be some "facts" in the movie, but I know that all of the "fiction" will get on my last nerve.

I don't think I will ever relax until this whole thing is resolved and she goes to her final resting place. I am so, unbelievably sick and tired of her freeky, creepy face. JMO

I wont watch anything that puts her lieing face on tv.. I didnt for CA. and I wont for her. She is a dispicable piece of skin..I'm sorry but I cant stand her, her rotten hands that killed a decent man. I know most feel the same as I do but I had to say it. I dont "hate" anyone. Hate is a word I dont use, would rather swear (LOL).. I do hope she rots in HEL* eventually!:stormingmad: each time I see her hands I want to :slapfight::furious:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ply-in-love-says-director-jace-alexander.html

Since Arias was not a career criminal, "Dirty Little Secret" is more about the emotions that put a gun and knife in her hand.

"I didn't know anything about the case," says the director. "I didn't know who Jodi Arias was. I had never heard of her before I took this job. What drew me in was the universal truths that lay within these people, which were truths about wanting to find love and wanting to find companionship and wanting to find friendship."

As for whether one can call what drove Arias to commit a particularly brutal murder "love," Alexander says, "No, I call it love, but it went the wrong way. I think she was deeply in love. All of us can recognize what it feels like, especially when you're a young person, which she was -- and not a person of the world, necessarily -- not worldly, to be so deeply in love that any departure from that is crushing.

"I do think it's love, and I think that love, throughout history, has caused some really tremendous issues on a global scale."

USA Today:

After examining the track record of Lifetime TV flicks — think Lindsay Lohan as Liz Taylor — you'd imagine that Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret, which airs at 8 p.m. June 22 on Lifetime, would be a tacky disaster. Instead, director Jace Alexander (a veteran of Rescue Me and Law & Order) handles the project with intelligence, crafting a brisk examination of the doomed relationship between a Mesa, Ariz., motivational speaker and an insecure young woman from California.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20711485,00.html

Dirty Little Secret charts a step-by-step, we-all-know-where-this-is-headed run-up to her grisly payback, a scene lyrically staged as a slow-motion massacre to give the audience equal doses of horror and dramatic catharsis after having witnessed Travis push her past the breaking point.

Well done. It's dandy entertainment.

Mind you, such an assessment of this film and its doomsday narrative is meant in no way to trivialize the real-life tragedy of Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander.

But Dirty Little Secret is a step up from the reality-TV treatment the case has gotten with its more excessive coverage. The film also serves as a refreshing alternative for telling the tale, dramatized for maximum titillation while, in its tidy, two-hour package, efficiently stripping away the wretched excess.

An oddly respectable bit of fluff, this film would never be mistaken for art, which typically explores something larger than itself. But there's a lesson to be learned here nonetheless for anyone who looks beyond the tawdriness: If a lover seems too good to be true, he or she probably is. So watch your step.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/21/3461911/dirty-little-secret-ripped-from.html

That said, watching the movie without benefit of an HLN addiction, it doesn’t always make sense. Yes, Arias (Tania Raymonde, Lost), comes off as a narcissistic, sexually manipulative psycho, but because we never get a convincing take on Alexander (Jesse Lee Soffer, The Mob Doctor), the film is confusing.

Arias and Alexander meet when he’s giving a motivational talk. She’s so taken with him, she follows him into the men’s room. It takes a while for their relationship to get physical, in part because Alexander is a practicing Mormon and tries to adhere to the teachings of his church.

Arias turns on the sexual charm and Alexander folds. His friends are wary of Arias, which is why she does everything she can to keep them away.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...rias-dirty-secret-tv-review-article-1.1379149

It’s a sad, tragic, awful story, of course, and viewers might wonder why we need it retold in dramatic form so soon after the real-life case ended with her murder conviction.
The question is valid. The answer is Tania Raymonde, who plays Arias with a disturbing intensity that makes her more than just another psycho stalker.
Viewers who were glued to the trial may note a misplaced detail here and there, but in general they are likely to find this 87-minute movie a solid summation of Arias’ disintegration.
That’s the core of the film. It isn’t until 15 minutes from the end that we get to the killing, while the trial is telescoped into a series of quick-cut vignettes.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ret-tv-review-article-1.1379149#ixzz2Wz3Wve14

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/jodi-arias-lifetime-movie_n_3467292.html

Or, to use a metaphor straight from the film, forbidden coffee – which, as Travis explains to Jodi early on, he shuns as a Mormon because of its addictive properties.

"I'm like coffee," Jodi teases him.

"Very strong coffee," he agrees as he submits again.

Jesse Lee Soffer (Jordana Spiro's jammed-up brother on last season's short-lived "The Mob Doctor") makes a fine Travis – glib, blandly wholesome and all too relatable in his mission to have it both ways, relationship-wise: treating Jodi as a red-hot plaything while he nurtures a "suitable" wife-worthy prospect.

Trouble arises, of course, as love-struck Jodi bridles at the strictly recreational role she plays in Travis' life. Even joining the Mormon church can't earn her an upgrade from her booty-call status.

Travis argues that he never promised more. When Jodi was gazing into his eyes, he tells her, "You saw lust. You saw weakness. But you didn't see love. It was never there."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/jodi-arias-dirty-little-secret-571893

The main issue is that the straightforward narrative doesn't capture the interest and intrigue of the trial itself, which hinged a great deal on Arias' denial of the events, her deception and her odd personality (though the movie does show scenes like when Arias stood on her head at the police station and later sang "O Holy Night" to herself). In Dirty Little Secret, there's nothing to figure out -- if you don't know the facts, there is a feeling something bad is going to happen, and then it does, and then it's basically over.
For those who know the story front to back already, Dirty Little Secret doesn't pepper the proceedings with any surprises, and it withholds comment on some of the more recent trial-time developments, like Arias' sudden sporting of bangs and oversized glasses (contrary to her former attention-grabbing style). Perhaps the production should have waited for a little hindsight. But for now, the movie is -- at its core -- really just the story of a poor guy who ignored friends and family to take up with a controlling and unstable partner. Mostly, it feels like a big missed opportunity.

Nothing to say, other than, I'm praying for his family, extra hard tonight.........

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Secret-Clip-Shows-Heated-Argument-56885.html

The movie, which stars Lost's Tania Raymonde as Arias and Jesse Lee Soffer as Travis Alexander, the eventual victim, centers on Arias, a woman recently convicted of murdering her boyfriend by stabbing him 27 times, slashing his throat and shooting him in the head. Arias plead not guilty to the crime, though investigators found a camera hidden in victim's washing machine, which revealed images that indicated Arias - an aspiring photographer - was photographing her bedroom activity with Travis and also took photos during and after his murder. Arias claimed she killed him in self defense, but the jury didn't buy it, and instead sided with the police, who believe Arias was stalking her ex-boyfriend and seduced him one last time before murdering him. It's a dark and gruesome tale, with sex and betrayal involved, which makes it a good fit for a Lifetime TV movie, going by some of the other adaptations the network has produced.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ply-in-love-says-director-jace-alexander.html

Since Arias was not a career criminal, "Dirty Little Secret" is more about the emotions that put a gun and knife in her hand.

"I didn't know anything about the case," says the director. "I didn't know who Jodi Arias was. I had never heard of her before I took this job. What drew me in was the universal truths that lay within these people, which were truths about wanting to find love and wanting to find companionship and wanting to find friendship."

As for whether one can call what drove Arias to commit a particularly brutal murder "love," Alexander says, "No, I call it love, but it went the wrong way. I think she was deeply in love. All of us can recognize what it feels like, especially when you're a young person, which she was -- and not a person of the world, necessarily -- not worldly, to be so deeply in love that any departure from that is crushing.

"I do think it's love, and I think that love, throughout history, has caused some really tremendous issues on a global scale."

Thanks TM sounds like the director missed the boat big time if he/she views this as a love gone terribly wrong saga because that's not what the evidence points to. Will be interesting to see the ratings and reviews though I'm sure the advertisers are hoping for the kinds of viewing numbers HLN was getting.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/jodi-arias-dirty-little-secret,99256/

There’s nothing significant about the Jodi Arias case: A woman, theoretically spurned by her boyfriend—though she claimed abuse—viciously murdered him and was caught. Massive amounts of evidence pointed to her, and she eventually—after making up a whole bunch of stories—admitted to the crime. Open and shut. Except of course it wasn’t that simple: The Arias trial made headlines because of its salaciousness. Both she and her victim, Travis Alexander, were young and sexy, and by all accounts involved in a turbulent relationship that included lots of breakups and lots of sex (and sexy photos). Sex, sex, sex, then a brutal murder. Catnip!
But really the only interesting thing about the whole scenario was how brazenly stupid and bold Arias was, and how genuinely strange. After she was arrested, she at some point asked for make-up before her mug shot, and cameras in an interrogation room caught her doing yoga poses, seemingly without a care in the world. She changed her look and her story on camera, and this apparently ignited the furor of millions with nothing better to examine—especially Nancy Grace, who’s made a career out of pointless outrage. HLN even launched an entire show dedicated to the case, HLN After Dark: The Jodi Arias Trial, and its ratings skyrocketed. The show will continue to cover other cases, and claims to be concerned with the most important court of all—“the court of public opinion.” (Seriously, those are their words.)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/jodi-arias-dirty-little-secret-571893

The main issue is that the straightforward narrative doesn't capture the interest and intrigue of the trial itself, which hinged a great deal on Arias' denial of the events, her deception and her odd personality (though the movie does show scenes like when Arias stood on her head at the police station and later sang "O Holy Night" to herself). In Dirty Little Secret, there's nothing to figure out -- if you don't know the facts, there is a feeling something bad is going to happen, and then it does, and then it's basically over.
For those who know the story front to back already, Dirty Little Secret doesn't pepper the proceedings with any surprises, and it withholds comment on some of the more recent trial-time developments, like Arias' sudden sporting of bangs and oversized glasses (contrary to her former attention-grabbing style). Perhaps the production should have waited for a little hindsight. But for now, the movie is -- at its core -- really just the story of a poor guy who ignored friends and family to take up with a controlling and unstable partner. Mostly, it feels like a big missed opportunity.

BBM

I remember her singing the Dido song, but I'm unsure about her ever singing Oh Holy Night in the interrogation room.

Thanks TM sounds like the director missed the boat big time if he/she views this as a love gone terribly wrong saga because that's not what the evidence points to. Will be interesting to see the ratings and reviews though I'm sure the advertisers are hoping for the kinds of viewing numbers HLN was getting.

I think for Jodi it was a love gone terribly wrong scenario. She did what she always did, do the nasty at a very high level, to keep a man. Unfortunately, she became so set on being Mrs. Travis Alexander that she would never take no for an answer.

IMO, JA wanted a wealthy man, good looking, and charming. TA was all of those. Jodi couldn't understand that her using sex to control a man would backfire severely on her. No Mormon man would take her seriously. That's what incensed her, and led her to murder. JMO

Ok since it's going to thunderstorm here this evening so I guess i'm stuck watching the "World Premiere" :floorlaugh:

Any have a good link to watch it on? TIA!

Recipe for an evening of slummin' it:

Potato chips? Check.
Box of wine? Check.
Lifetime movie of Jodi Arias? Check.

Houston, we're ready for take off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads