Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to try opening one thread for the trial of George Zimmerman.

Discussions became so heated and hateful that we closed the whole Martin/Zimmerman discussion until the trial started.

If things get out of hand again we will close this thread.

Just because someone might think George Zimmerman is innocent does not make them a racist.

Just because someone thinks Trayvon Martin was killed in cold blood does not make them a racist.

Here are the rules on posting on Websleuths. I would suggest you read them and if you have any questions you can email me at tgrif@xmission.com

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Raine1212 and myself will be the moderators of this thread.

We will open this thread first thing on the morning of Monday June 24th.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

IMO the biggest decision that came down so far was not allowing the prosecution experts to testify on the 911 call. Without that I don't see how the jury can conclude who is screaming.

www.wftv.com has a really good live stream, plus legal commentary from Bill Schaeffer. the sound is also good even on my ipad

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
After several days of empty seats during jury selection looks like its gonna be a full house for opening statements. #zimmerman

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 10m
#TrayvonMartin father Tracy Martin on thoughts about Trayvon today: "We hold onto his smile, which strengthens us."

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 9h
#Zimmerman jurors begin life in sequestration (from @AP) http://apne.ws/11H5L4i

You can listen to the trial on your smart phone using either iHeart radio or the TuneIn radio apps. WDBO in Orlando is broadcasting the trial.

Martin family staying/ Zimmerman family leaving because they are witnesses..
Martin family allowed to stay because Trayvon was a minor

Hi all, glad to see we can follow the trial here..

<modsnip>

anyhoo, hoodies, up, justice for trayvon

The judge is a bit irritated. She wants to start this trial on time and I have also gotten this impression over the last two weeks that she does not like wasting the jury's time. Good for her imo.

Good morning everyone!

*Hope we will all keep our cool and post like adults. Cuz if we don't we won't be able to follow the trial here.

GB the jury and the judge.

Diana Tennis &#8207;@TennisLaw 4m
GZ statements about having yelled for help will be admissible. #fox35
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower
Expand

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner &#8207;@JeffWeinerOS 7m
Here's what they're talking about now: http://bit.ly/175PDgR #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin
Expand

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 8m
Mark O'Mara had clearly been the face of the defense thus far and prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda for the state.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 9m
Interesting decisions by both sides on who is opening. Curious to see how they breakup trying the case going forward.

Natalie Tolomeo Natalie Tolomeo &#8207;@NatalieTolomeo 12m
John Guy (state) AND Don West (defense) will be presenting opening statements. #Zimmerman #GeorgeZimmerman #Trayvon #TrayvonMartin

Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 12m
But Nelson says she will review sequestration case law at lunch. #zimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 13m
For now judge Nelson asks @attorneycrump and any family members under subpoena to leave courtroom.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 16m
To be clear sequestration rule applies only to witnesses officially on either side's witness lists.

Tony Pipitone &#8207;@TonyPipitone 24m
#GeorgeZimmerman wife and parents left courtroom.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 23m
Judge is deciding whether to make allowances.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 24m
Rule Allows victim family to be in court for duration. Doesn't include #zimmerman parents or Martin family @attorneycrump

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 26m
Prosecutor asks judge to invoke sequestration rules. It bars witnesses in the case from being in court until testimony.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower &#8207;@khightower 29m
Court is now in session. #zimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members