Status
Not open for further replies.

Reader

Reaction score
de la Rionda doing direct with 1st witness of the day:

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Surdyka: "I thought 'oh my God,' who could be out there?"

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
Surdyka said she heard loud voice outside her window that surprised her.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
Surdyka was a resident on Retreat View town home complex.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 8m
First state witness if the day is Jane Surdyka. #zimmerman

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 12m
For reference dismissed juror B72 was an alternate. He was the young Hispanic man who participated in arm wrestling events.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 13m
Calls by #zimmerman were made in weeks before shooting and in which he described suspicious black males in neighborhood.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 14m
Judge also says she reviewed case law and will allow state to introduce past police calls #zimmerman made to police.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 15m
Judge says juror B72 has been dismissed "for reasons unrelated to the case."

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 15m
We are in session. #zimmerman

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
Said after hearing yells for help and heard what sounded like three pops.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 5m
Says second yell for help "was the boy's voice."

Surdyka said she grabbed cell phone and started calling 911. While calling heard two yells for help.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 9m
Said she turned off light to see who it was. Saw two people on ground, one on top of the other.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 10m
Surdyka said she opened her upstairs window to hear a dominant, "aggressive agitated" voice speaking that wasn't normal convo.

Several jurors have been taking notes during Surdyka testimony. #zimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Surdyka is looking at photos shown by prosecutor to give jury idea of her vantage point the night of the shooting. #zimmerman

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 10m
Says after pop a person walked closer to her vantage point and that the person put hands to his forehead.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 56s
Surdyka in hysterics on 911 call: "Oh my God, somebody's has been shot."

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Surdyka on 911 call: "Oh my God, I don't know what he did to this person."

State is playing Surdyka's 911 call now.

WFTV Eyewitness News ✔ @WFTV

Surdyka says she believes the cry for help was #TrayvonMartin. She also heard 3 shots. It was 1, evidence says. #Zimmermanon9

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 6m
Jurors are taking notes quickly as 911 call continues.
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower

For the record it's Jayne Surdyka.

Kudos to that officer!

Jurors taking lots of notes. Nearly all of them. #zimmerman

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Surdyka call rife with her crying and emotion. She cried again in the witness stand as she listens.

Surdyka on 911 call to operator: "I can't stop shaking."

Surdyka reiterates she heard two distinct cries for help. Said first one sounded more like an actual word "help".

Tells West of the screams that they were "A plea for someone to save them."

Call finished. State done with questioning. Defense attorney West is now cross examining Surdyka.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
Young blonde female alt juror in the back row appeared to wipe away a tear. Same for the only male juror remaining. Older white male alt

Good witness, she's not letting West get her confused or agree to what he wants her to say....

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 46s
#Zimmerman's neighbor says she heard boy's cry (from @AP) #trayvonmartin http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=mGlnUFHp …

Fin Gomez Fin Gomez ‏@finnygo 3m
E6 writing so much that she has flipped over her large white notepad, starting a new page. She writes emphatically #zimmerman

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
Surdyka says she heard cries for help as she began "pressing pads" to call 911

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6m
West questioning Surdyka on where voices were coming from. Replies, "I can't really pinpoint." #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin #Fox35

West is having Surdyka point out on map where the confrontation took place.

Christina Vazquez Christina Vazquez ‏@VazquezReports 4m
Even though window closed due to rainy night witness says could hear a loud voice.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 30s
Surdyka: "When I saw it was two men on the ground I knew it was serious."

[Note: when the tweets are coming fast I have to post in backwards order. If they slow down I will try to post in forward order.]

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 4m
Surdyka says she hasn't seen any photos of injuries of #GeorgeZimmerman from that night

Surdyka says that the person moving after the shot "didn't look like he was hurt." #Zimmerman

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 6m
Surdyka says she was looking at the men when the shot went off.

Not changing her story...West asks her if she has other evidence of who the voices are. She sticks to story that the loud, confrontational voice was an older man, and the voice calling for help was a boy/Trayvon. West working hard on this.

Agreed. She seems very credible/unbiased.

I wonder about defense trying to counter her claim about hearing the 3 shots and use it as a means to soil her credibility.

Ruh-roh

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 58s
She repeats that high screaming voice she heard "sounded like a boy".

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
Asked if she made assumptions , Surdyka said she was only giving her best recollection.

Surdyka says she remembers #TrayvonMartin was face down at time before/after shot. Says #Zimmerman was on top of him.

Prosecutor objects, question was asked and answered, judge overrules, West asks again if who she thinks the voices belonged to were her assumptions.
West asks if she had heard Trayvon's voice before and she says she heard it that night when he was yelling for help. Pros. objects again, judge sustains.

On a break now...

Bill Schaefer says she was a powerful witness, she maintained Trayvon was on the bottom and GZ on top, and TM was yelling for help.

de la Rionda redirect asks her about it raining that night.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 45s
Surdyka tells West she gave national TV interview on what she heard and saw night of shooting.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Says the louder aggressive voice "sounded like a man's voice."

He asks if she has ever heard the tapes of GZ and TMs voices since then and she says no. She talked to a female officer named 'Serina' (sp) that night and made a statement later with LE Serino, male investigator. Asking her about a supposed statement she made to someone that she complained he would not look out the upstairs window to see from her viewpoint. Asking her about going on TV, in disguise, to talk about case.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 6m
Surdyka on why she went on CNN: "I wanted to say what I saw and what I heard."

Surdyka cross is done. She is off the stand. We are on a 15 min recess #Zimmerman.

Bill Schaefer says she was traumatized during the call and believed at the time she heard 3 pops of the gun. She appeared very honest and kept to what she thought at the time.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 5m
Updated: #Zimmerman's neighbor says she heard boy's cry (from @AP) #trayvonmartin http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=mGlnUFHp …

We are back in session.

Natalie Tolomeo ‏@NatalieTolomeo 2m
Jeannee Manalo has now been called to the stand. #Zimmerman #TrayvonMartin

de la Rionda questioning her...

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 16s
Manalo was in her living room with husband and daughter at Retreat View night of Feb 26

She heard a 'howling' and thought it was dogs. Later heard more noises, then heard yelling for help.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 32s
Manalo then heard addl sound that sounded closer. "Like a 'help'"

Looked out 3 times, when heard howling sound, when heard help sound and struggling sound, when saw people on ground and saw neighbors.

3rd time saw 2 people on ground, one on top, neighbor came out and asked if they were Ok or needed help? That's when husband called her back in and she sat back down. Then heard shot. Asks how people on ground were positioned, one on top was hitting the other. Asks who was bigger and she mentions seeing video. Defense objects, sidebar.

She looked out again and the saw two people on ground. One on top of the other.

Manalo also says help sound caught her attention. Said it sounded like a struggle. "Like rumblings."

She did not notice size of people at the time but after seeing the news, thinks it was GZ on top. Heard help sound more than once, was screaming. What direction was the help sound, near her building. Heard the shot before she looked out the 3rd time. Told her husband and he went out.

Attys at sidebar as defense objects

Manalo says person on top looked like they were hitting person on the bottom.

Manalo says she thinks Zimmerman was person on top based on comparing their body sizes on the news.

[Judge apparently overruled defense objection.]

Manalo IDs on map/photos where her house was in relation to the scene. Jury members attentive. Several pull out their notepads again.

[Trayvon's body covered to the left outside her back door.]

OM on cross of witness.

State is done questioning Manalo. Defense atty O'Mara is up to cross examine her. #Zimmerman

Asking her about hearing the howling and help sounds. Help sounds were closer but could not see anything, she agrees they sounded closer because they were louder, and went back to watch TV. She looked out and saw the men on the ground and her neighbor. Then heard shot and went to door and looked out again. OM says this is different from her statement to LE. She says she tried to tell them everything she saw.

With all the technology in the world attorneys are still big fans of a good white board to use for diagrams. #Zimmerman

OM having her look at her statement asking her to ID it.

Manalo asked if initial statements to police are most accurate: "I tried to tell then everything I know to the questions they asked me."

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 23s
O'Mara brings out her FDLE statement in which she only recalls shadows and not particularly two specific people outside.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 33s
More whiteboard for location/diagram! #Zimmerman

OM asks about her seeing GZ that night and she said saw him from the side when he was talking to her husband on the sidewalk. Did not see his face with the bloody nose. Asks her how she knows it was GZ who got up and says because he looks the same as picture in news.

Bill Schaefer says since she is using a picture from later news of GZ makes her IDs unreliable if she went by Trayvon's first picture in the news when he was 12 years old.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
When #Zimmerman spoke to Manalo's husband after shooting she says she saw him, but only from side. Didn't see injuries he had.

O'Mara describes Hollister shirt picture to the witness as being green in color.

A few minutes later he asks same witness about the Hollister shirt picture, the one of the shirt being red in color.

Confusing.

Attorneys ask to approach the bench.

Lunch break. Return at about 1:10 PM EST.

Fin Gomez Fin Gomez ‏@finnygo 4m
With E72 is gone, alternate Juror E54 white male in his 50s, is the only man sitting in the jury box.
#zimmerman #trayvon

Long sidebar at bench ends.

She says she saw hoodie picture and others on TV.

Manalo says she saw a pic of #TrayvonMartin in hoodie to reconcile in her mind that he was also person on bottom of struggle.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 23s
Btw, the court doesn't seem to have spared expense in supplying notebooks for jurors. They have full sized legal pads. #Zimmerman

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 4m
Manalo says she may be wrong on size comparison, "I don't know who's bigger now." #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6s
We are about to recess for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members