Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to try opening one thread for the trial of George Zimmerman.

Discussions became so heated and hateful that we closed the whole Martin/Zimmerman discussion until the trial started.

If things get out of hand again we will close this thread.

Just because someone might think George Zimmerman is innocent does not make them a racist.

Just because someone thinks Trayvon Martin was killed in cold blood does not make them a racist.

Here are the rules on posting on Websleuths. I would suggest you read them and if you have any questions you can email me at tgrif@xmission.com

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Raine1212 and myself will be the moderators of this thread.

We will open this thread first thing on the morning of Wednesday June 26th.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Remember everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Race is a factor in this trial.. please do not make it one here.

NO BASHING OF FELLOW POSTERS

NO NAME CALLING

NO RACIST REMARKS

IF YOU SEE A POST PLEASE ALERT DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POST

PLEASE DISCUSS LIKE ADULTS...WE UNDERSTAND THAT RACIAL ISSUES WILL BE BROUGHT UP DURING THE TRIAL AND CAN BE DISCUSSED HERE WITHOUT MAKING WEBSLEUTHS A RACIAL FORUM!

Anyone give a cliffnotes version of the last witness. I read the tweets and saw where O'Meara was going on cross but hard to tell if he was effective.

My MRI was clear :)loveyou:) and now I am trying to catch up on yesterdays trial via youtube.

Oh, and goodmorning! :seeya:

YEAH!!!! Perfect start to our day, Heather - rejoicing with you

So far, this trial is really boring--especially compared to the Jodi Arias trial. No wonder George looks so bored.

Morning All :seeya:

Great to hear, Heather!

Anyone give a cliffnotes version of the last witness. I read the tweets and saw where O'Meara was going on cross but hard to tell if he was effective.

Most think it was brilliant! I heard it on Sirius radio - then watched on Youtube later - She at times was just speechless and spinning her chair. She all but admitted that the only time she had said she heard running (from left to right ) was yesterday in court.... never mentioned it in any of her recorded interviews....

Then the icing on the cake was when she had to admit she "liked" the TM support page AND signed a petition calling for GZ to be charged....

All that was missing was "Are these magic grits?".....IMHO

I think these threads have been well behaved for the most part and I commend all the posters, this is a high emotion case and there are a substantial number of posters on both sides of the fence which I would think is fairly unusual for WS.

I have noticed though that so far (it's been early though), a majority of the conversation throughout the day has very little to do with what is actually being said in the courtroom. It's not like there are a ton of sidebars so I don't see why the conversation doesn't steer more to what the witnesses are saying. At least that's been my personal observation.

Most think it was brilliant! I heard it on Sirius radio - then watched on Youtube later - She at times was just speechless and spinning her chair. She all but admitted that the only time she had said she heard running (from left to right ) was yesterday in court.... never mentioned it in any of her recorded interviews....

Then the icing on the cake was when she had to admit she "liked" the TM support page AND signed a petition calling for GZ to be charged....

All that was missing was "Are these magic grits?".....IMHO

LOLing @ magic grits.

I think these threads have been well behaved for the most part and I commend all the posters, this is a high emotion case and there are a substantial number of posters on both sides of the fence which I would think is fairly unusual for WS.

I have noticed though that so far (it's been early though), a majority of the conversation throughout the day has very little to do with what is actually being said in the courtroom. It's not like there are a ton of sidebars so I don't see why the conversation doesn't steer more to what the witnesses are saying. At least that's been my personal observation.

I noticed that too but think it will as the trial goes on. Right now everyone who has followed the case is just getting their initial views out in general because the thread has only just opened!

So far, this trial is really boring--especially compared to the Jodi Arias trial. No wonder George looks so bored.

I think there are a couple of reasons for this, especially if one followed the JA trial closely. This is not a 1st degree murder trial, the story itself is not 'sensationalized' (what I mean is it's not like GZ killed TM then when galivanting around the country or hung out at the club afterwards). Lastly, GZ isn't your typical defendent like a JA or even Casey Anthony. I don't think there is a ton of 'dislike' for GZ, even for those that think he's guilty. I think a majority of people don't think he purposely wanted to kill TM in cold blood, it's just something that escalated to the point that someone died.

Believe or not, most trials are boring.

IMO, there has been little discussion about actual real time stuff because there really hasn't been much "meat" in the actual testimony. There really hasn't been much true evidence presented. Not really even much backstory.

Some say yesterday was a "bombshell" or whatever. I thought it was pretty meaningless.

If someone gives their witness account after the incident...and then only after it becomes "a thing", they do something to pick a side...so what? They have already given their story.

If she didn't say "from left to right" at the time, that's not something that I would think about saying at the time either. If no one asked me, not my fault. However, in refreshing my memory, or in thinking more about things, it comes to mind, should I NOT say it?

I don't know. Yesterday just didn't seem like a big deal to me at all.

IMO, there has been little discussion about actual real time stuff because there really hasn't been much "meat" in the actual testimony. There really hasn't been much true evidence presented. Not really even much backstory.

Some say yesterday was a "bombshell" or whatever. I thought it was pretty meaningless.

If someone gives their witness account after the incident...and then only after it becomes "a thing", they do something to pick a side...so what? They have already given their story.

If she didn't say "from left to right" at the time, that's not something that I would think about saying at the time either. If no one asked me, not my fault. However, in refreshing my memory, or in thinking more about things, it comes to mind, should I NOT say it?

I don't know. Yesterday just didn't seem like a big deal to me at all.

I agree, it didn't seem that big to me either. Most witnesses have a side. I was a witness in a murder trial and I absolutely wanted the defendant convicted and believed 100% in his guilt. It didn't change my testimony at all.

It's a big deal because she seems to put GZ moving away from his truck, not going back to it, as he has indicated he was. This would make him still going after TM.
That is why it's a big deal, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member