Verified Insider
Reaction score

Dennis Kunkel, 44 at time of disappearance

Last seen May 18, 2010 in Medina, OH

Caucasian male
DOB: April 19, 1996
6'1", 165-185 lbs
Brown Hair, Blue Eyes

His Silver Chevy Pick Up truck was found abandoned at a Subway Restaurant 5105 Manchester Rd in Akron, Ohio. This is just south of the Portage Lakes State Park entrance. The vehicle was found locked and did not appear to show any signs of foul play.

Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact: Medina Police Department 330-725-7777.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/9211

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ssing-Persons/Cold-Case-Missing-Adults/Kunkel

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kunkel_dennis.html

https://www.facebook.com/missingdennis.kunkel

Family baffled by missing man's disappearance
Published: June 23, 2010 - 06:10 PM | Updated: June 18, 2011 - 10:46 AM
By Gina Mace
Special to the Beacon Journal

Elliott last saw her son May 16 when he rushed to her Berea home to help pick up his stepfather, who had fallen. They made plans for Kunkel to come back May 19 so he could help move the family's boat.
When he didn't show up, Elliott said she tried calling him.
''He always calls if he can't come over,'' she said. ''He never just doesn't show.''
Article continues at the link.

Before Dennis left his parents' home, he told his brother he wasn't feeling well, and took a nap. His mom, a nurse who works with chemically addicted patients, said Dennis showed no signs of addiction, and is very reliable.

Updated Charley Project link: Dennis Vern Kunkel – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Kunkel was last seen in Medina, Ohio on May 18, 2010. He saw his brother that day and said he didn't feel well, and took a nap. He was gone by 4:00 p.m. He was supposed to meet with his mother and stepfather the next day so he could help move their boat, but he never showed up. He has never been heard from again.

On May 22, Kunkel's silver Chevrolet pickup truck was found abandoned at a Subway in the 5100 block of Manchester Road in Akron, Ohio, just south of the Portage Lakes State Park entrance. It was locked and there were no indications of foul play.

Prior to his disappearance, Kunkel kept in daily contact with his family; it's uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. He had a stump-grinding business and is a good handyman. His case remains unsolved.

Bumping for Dennis, missing 11 years now. Can't find much information about him online.

Bumping for Dennis, missing 11 years now. Can't find much information about him online.

hi, I’m Dennis’ daughter. Unfortunately, his remains were found and confirmed to be him this past May after an 11-year disappearance. We are all deeply heartbroken and still don’t have full answers. There are a few details but out of respect for my grandma and the rest of the family, I will not disclose them at this time. I hope to one day soon as I know this has been a cold case for so long with a lot of theories and people involved in the mystery of Dennis’ disappearance. I stayed up many nights over the years reading through all of these threads and trying to form my own theories. Thank you and all for the concern in my dads situation. He is truly missed.

hi, I’m Dennis’ daughter. Unfortunately, his remains were found and confirmed to be him this past May after an 11-year disappearance. We are all deeply heartbroken and still don’t have full answers. There are a few details but out of respect for my grandma and the rest of the family, I will not disclose them at this time. I hope to one day soon as I know this has been a cold case for so long with a lot of theories and people involved in the mystery of Dennis’ disappearance. I stayed up many nights over the years reading through all of these threads and trying to form my own theories. Thank you and all for the concern in my dads situation. He is truly missed.

You have our deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. After all those years there is closure of having his remains found but still pain for families. Thank you for coming here to share this sad outcome I, as a fellow Ohioan, also appreciate. I will update other sites where his info may still be that he is found.

You have our deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. After all those years there is closure of having his remains found but still pain for families. Thank you for coming here to share this sad outcome I, as a fellow Ohioan, also appreciate. I will update other sites where his info may still be that he is found.

Thank you kindly.

Moderator how does one mark this thread as closed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back