GUILTY NJ - Shawn Custis for brutal home invasion, Millburn, 2013

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

I pray they are able to identify and capture this sub-human, like yesterday. I can't imagine the horror she was feeling, especially once he threw her down the stairs, not knowing if he was going to turn his rage onto her child.

The brutality put on this woman was so disturbing to me to view, all for nothing. Did he even take anything from the home? Looked like he went upstairs came down, threw her down into the basement and left the house.
Was he sent there to beat her up for some reason?
Her poor little one on the couch never made a sound but looked like she covered herself with a pillow.

That is scary. Another reason why I have an alarm and a gun!

I esp feel bad for the kids in that house and only the older kid saw the attack.

The brutality put on this woman was so disturbing to me to view, all for nothing. Did he even take anything from the home? Looked like he went upstairs came down, threw her down into the basement and left the house.

According to the New York Daily News, the attacker stole an undisclosed amount of jewelry from the woman's bedroom and asked her for her pocketbook.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/Blog...anny-cam-footage/7621372203850/#ixzz2XKyCpMCK

Wow, that was hard to watch. Nightmarish to endure, I'm sure. Good for her for releasing the footage, I'm sure they'll find a way to catch this flea.

Such a brutal attack! Poor woman!

One quick question tho. I have never owned a 'nanny cam'. Why would it be recording if she was just having a quiet morning with her child watching cartoons? Don't you use a 'nanny cam' to, well, watch the nanny? I am confused,.

Such a brutal attack! Poor woman!

One quick question tho. I have never owned a 'nanny cam'. Why would it be recording if she was just having a quiet morning with her child watching cartoons? Don't you use a 'nanny cam' to, well, watch the nanny? I am confused,.

A lot of those cameras have internal hard drives to record the info and they are on a predefined loop to start rerecording over the old stuff after so many hours/days/etc. They usually are motion sensored so you're not recording hours and hours of endless nothing.

This attack was horrifying. That poor family. :( I hope they catch this creep SOON.

And this is why many of us don't rely on "dialing 911". She is darn lucky he didn't kill her OR start in on her kids.

I can't even find the full 3 minute video just pieces of it, the ops video link is not working.

Absolutely disgusting. That poor little girl must have been so frightened, and her poor mother enduring this beating so as to not scare her daughter and cause this monster to turn his anger to her. I hope this is found soon, and justice swiftly served.

A lot of those cameras have internal hard drives to record the info and they are on a predefined loop to start rerecording over the old stuff after so many hours/days/etc. They usually are motion sensored so you're not recording hours and hours of endless nothing.

This attack was horrifying. That poor family. :( I hope they catch this creep SOON.

Thank you kindly for the explanation. :seeya: I noticed the perp touched a lot of things in the house. If they can locate him from his photo, they should have a lot of evidence.

I would love to get this guy in a room alone and do the same thing to him. What a disgusting, piece of $%$@ for a human being. I hope they catch this SOB and lock him up for life. What a low life . KNowing our system he'll be out in a week if caught and will do no jail time.

Notice he is punching her with his left hand. Most likely left handed which might help identify him.

At first I wondered why she didn't take her child and run after he went upstairs. Then I read she had a baby sleeping upstairs too. I'm so sad for both the mom who went through that, and the child that witnessed it. Poor kid must have been completely petrified to sit so still and quiet.

Her poor little one on the couch never made a sound but looked like she covered herself with a pillow.

According to the New York Daily News, the attacker stole an undisclosed amount of jewelry from the woman's bedroom and asked her for her pocketbook.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/Blog...anny-cam-footage/7621372203850/#ixzz2XKyCpMCK

He also took her wedding ring. :(

Millburn home invasion prompts bill stiffening penalties

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2...vasion_prompts_bill_stiffening_penalties.html

Assemblyman Jon Bramnick (R-Union) is introducing a “Home Invasion Law” which would upgrade a home-invasion from a third-degree to a second-degree crime, his office said.

“Under current law, some burglary offenses must be prosecuted as a third-degree crime,” Bramnick said. “Criminals could potentially walk away from a home invasion without facing jail time.”

Second-degree crimes would call for a 5- to-10-year prison term, fines of up to $150,000, and stipulations that an inmate must serve at least 85 percent of their sentence, Bramnick’s office said. The bill also calls for prisoners convicted under the law to be ineligible for early release.

__

Police are still looking for the suspect. The Essex County Sheriff’s Office and the Crimestoppers program are offering a $22,500 reward for information leading to an arrest of the assailant, authorities have said.

Someone will rat this cowardly monster out. His days are numbered.

I hope they find this , someone has to recognize him and $22,500 isn't pocket change, money makes people talk, lets hope they do here because otherwise we WILL be seeing this man again and next time it might be much worse.

So very glad he's been apprehended. He sounds like a real prize.

Now let's hope they pass the legislation to make home invasion a second-degree crime rather than a third-degree one.

Assemblyman Jon Bramnick (R-Union) is introducing a “Home Invasion Law” which would upgrade a home-invasion from a third-degree to a second-degree crime, in response to the attack his office said this week.
http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/06/suspect_identified_in_milburn_home_invasion_beating.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back