Officer hiccups to death - he was 33

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.wral.com/news/4320563/detail.html

The family of a Fort Bragg officer recently back from Iraq said Capt. Terrance Wright seemed to hiccup almost constantly for weeks before he died earlier this month.

The Army said Wright died of an unknown illness shortly after returning from Iraq in February. His body was found in a Fayetteville motel room on March 2.

Wright's mother, Sandra Wright, and an aunt, Karen Wright, said Wright had been a healthy 33-year-old before he deployed to Iraq in November. It was his second tour in Iraq.

Karen Wright said she spoke to her nephew in Iraq in early February.

"He could not speak one sentence without hiccuping," she said. :doh:

This was my son in laws grandfather lol he made it onto the Tonight Show with Johny Carson

According to Guinness World Records, the longest ever recorded hiccup fit was by Charles Osborne from Iowa who hiccupped for 68 years, from 1922 until 1990. How he coped, I have no idea.

Hiccup Facts

The prize for the longest ever recorded hiccup fit goes to Charles Osborne from Iowa who hiccupped for 68 years – from 1922 until 1990.

Take Charles Osbourne for example. He was an American pig farmer who began hiccupping in 1922 and didn’t stop until 1990! He hiccupped every one-and-a-half seconds for over 68 years

.gif
tybee204 said:
He hiccupped every one-and-a-half seconds for over 68 years
:eek: how could the poor guy eat or sleep? or work or relax???

tybee204 said:
This was my son in laws grandfather lol he made it onto the Tonight Show with Johny Carson

According to Guinness World Records, the longest ever recorded hiccup fit was by Charles Osborne from Iowa who hiccupped for 68 years, from 1922 until 1990. How he coped, I have no idea.

Hiccup Facts

The prize for the longest ever recorded hiccup fit goes to Charles Osborne from Iowa who hiccupped for 68 years – from 1922 until 1990.

Take Charles Osbourne for example. He was an American pig farmer who began hiccupping in 1922 and didn’t stop until 1990! He hiccupped every one-and-a-half seconds for over 68 years

I vaguely remember a silly story like that. I always thought it was a joke. OMY.... it's a wonder it didn't drive him into the loonie bin. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back