Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to try opening one thread for the trial of George Zimmerman.

Discussions became so heated and hateful that we closed the whole Martin/Zimmerman discussion until the trial started.

If things get out of hand again we will close this thread.

Just because someone might think George Zimmerman is innocent does not make them a racist.

Just because someone thinks Trayvon Martin was killed in cold blood does not make them a racist.

Here are the rules on posting on Websleuths. I would suggest you read them and if you have any questions you can email me at tgrif@xmission.com

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Raine1212 and myself will be the moderators of this thread.

We will open this thread first thing on the morning of Thursday June 27th

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Remember everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Race is a factor in this trial.. please do not make it one here.

NO BASHING OF FELLOW POSTERS

NO NAME CALLING

NO RACIST REMARKS

IF YOU SEE A POST PLEASE ALERT DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POST

PLEASE DISCUSS LIKE ADULTS...WE UNDERSTAND THAT RACIAL ISSUES WILL BE BROUGHT UP DURING THE TRIAL AND CAN BE DISCUSSED HERE WITHOUT MAKING WEBSLEUTHS A RACIAL FORUM!

Do they have court on Fridays?

Morning Popsicle, Tex. :seeya:

I don't want to hear GZ did not break the law following TM after being told we do not need you to do that by 911.
If a person does not understand the communication standards of law enforcement then there is no way such person should carry a gun with a permit.

Good morning all. Probably the only time when everyone is on their best behavior. :)

I don't want to hear GZ did not break the law following TM after being told we do not need you to do that by 911.
If a person does not understand the communication standards of law enforcement then there is no way such person should carry a gun with a permit.

But he didn't. You may not agree with it but that is the law, it's not against the law to get out of your vehicle and it's not against the law that he carried a gun. It's not against the law that he tried to see where TM was (he wasn't charged with stalking or harrassing). These are the facts.

I don't want to hear that GZ's head wounds were little boo boos and probably self inflicted when he slipped in the grass, or, by a stretch of the imagination, when he bashed his own head repeatedly on the concrete.

I hope we both get what we want so the discussion can move along. :seeya:

Just an observation: DT said that GZ writes with his left and yet shoots with his right. Today, I see he wears his watch on his left. That is the way right-handed people wear a watch, typically.

But he didn't. You may not agree with it but that is the law, it's not against the law to get out of your vehicle and it's not against the law that he carried a gun. It's not against the law that he tried to see where TM was (he wasn't charged with stalking or harrassing). These are the facts.

Well all gun permits should be declared void until permit owners go to class and learn the nuances of law enforcement. Sure would be nice to know while we go on our marry way making excuses.

Well all gun permits should be declared void until permit owners go to class and learn the nuances of law enforcement. Sure would be nice to know while we go on our marry way making excuses.

We can go into a laundry list of things that gun owners should or should not go to class on (like leaving an unsecured gun where a child can shoot themselves) but that is a different debate and TBH doesn't belong in this thread.

If only we could use this trial...this tragedy to better understand each others fears. Listening to Trayvons parents press conference, a good start is understanding the real fear of "profiling" and what it means to FEAR your innocent child might be harrassed, or killed because of how he looks. That fear should be acknowledged with compassion.

But people who live in neighborhoods on the cusp of troubled areas...are working to remove themselves and THEIR families from the violence and FEAR in those neighborhoods. Just Sunday a group of "neighbors" in Sanford beat a pregnant woman...teens and adults...while a "gentlemen"brandished a gun to prevent anyone from helping this woman!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Pr...sted/-/1637132/18497342/-/wx3yki/-/index.html

This was in Sanford! People,Black, White, Hispanic ..work hard at sometimes two, three jobs...to remove their familiesfrom these parts of town. Then, as happened in GZ's neighborhood...crime begins to seep in their neighborhood. FEAR becomes a factor for folks like GZ too.

We need to acknowledge that both these fears play a part in how we view this case. The root of the problem begins with the inability to address the crime issues. But the reality of the problem is the intersection of TM and GZ...and their respective fears thatnight. We need to be able to address our respective fearswith each other with respect and empathy ...and WORK TOGETHER.

Is this witness here to verify the convenience store video?

If so we need to hear any of this? Can we just stipulate this is TM buying skittles and a tea type drink and get on with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991