CO - Dylan Redwine - Forensics Discussion- *WARNING!* MAY INCLUDE GRAPHIC DETAILS

ColdHands

Reaction score
Forensics, cause of death, and manner of disposal discussion for Dylan Redwine

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-found-middle-mountain-colorado#ixzz2XXas1ltV

Mark Redwine said investigators told him they had found only four or five of his son's bones and that they would continue searching. He said authorities told him his son was ravaged by wildlife.
Investigators also found a piece of the boy's shirt, one sock and his shoestrings but not the backpack or other items he had when he went missing, Redwine said.
"Ninety-eight percent of Dylan is scattered about the countryside," said Redwine, his voice trembling in an interview Thursday night.

The bones were identified as Dylan's using DNA.

Thank you. I feel better posting this here.
Jumping off your quote...where are his shoes??? I'm pretty sure if he walked up there, he'd have his shoes on. IMHO it makes more sense he was killed somewhere else and his body was thrown down the steep hill with the hopes of him never being found.

After re-watching Dr. Phil and the recent comments by MR, there is no doubt in my mind who is responsible for this horrific crime. :stormingmad:

RIP Dylan.
The shoes might be one the key pieces that makes LE go with homicide. Those are one of the few things that animals would not eat all of (I'm not going into graphic detail here). They don't like the soles at all. (Except bears, who just don't care).

So, moving to the shoelaces being found, were they found tied around his femurs? Hence Homicide?

Also brings into play a more likely scenario of a stranger?

Just me thinking out loud.

The shoes might be one the key pieces that makes LE go with homicide. Those are one of the few things that animals would not eat all of (I'm not going into graphic detail here). They don't like the soles at all. (Except bears, who just don't care).

So, moving to the shoelaces being found, were they found tied around his femurs? Hence Homicide?

I had been thinking about the laces. Normally if the feet disarticulated naturally from the legs, I would expect the shoes to be with the feet. If the laces were removed and used in some fashion to bind Dylan, the shoes might have fallen off. Were the shoes high tops? I can't remember. The only nature-based thing I can think that gets the laces away from the shoes is if just pieces of the laces were found, as in a small critter chewing through to use in a nest or something.

But with so little found then maybe the trainers are else where as did Mark not say only 2% of Dylan has been recovered?

But with so little found then maybe the trainers are else where as did Mark not say only 2% of Dylan has been recovered?
Agree. Although the searchers seemed pretty sure they covered all the areas they could. Anything that washed down the drainage could turn up in the creek or in the lake eventually, but most likely will be lost forever. There could also be more that LE is not mentioning, maybe the shoes.

I had been thinking about the laces. Normally if the feet disarticulated naturally from the legs, I would expect the shoes to be with the feet. If the laces were removed and used in some fashion to bind Dylan, the shoes might have fallen off. Were the shoes high tops? I can't remember. The only nature-based thing I can think that gets the laces away from the shoes is if just pieces of the laces were found, as in a small critter chewing through to use in a nest or something.
Not hightops. White soles, some white on the top. I don't think the laces are white, but I could be wrong. Looks like the tongue is white.

A bird also would take laces for a nest.

Bears go into hibernation in October or November and do not emerge until March - May (depending on area). They would not have been scavenging when Dylan went missing. When they first emerge from their den, they do not begin with "big" meals. They start small until their digestive system gets into full swing.

Mountain lions would also be in the area. Although they are less likely to be seen by humans - less concern when a human is walking - they could be a factor here. Coyotes are a definite possibility.

So, my question will be - on the bones that were there, is there evidence of possible tool markings. Uggggghhhh. I really, really hate to think things like this. But, did someone really "harm" Dylan's body (maybe even post death) to make the animals more likely to help in covering up of evidence?

Per Melissa Colorado ‏@melissacolorado 3m Dylan Redwine's father tells me authorities found his son's 2 femurs and a shoulder blade in woods.
2 femurs
1 shoulder blade or clavicle (collarbone) depending on where you read.

Per Tricia's 6/27 show
1 phalanx (finger bone) found in coyote feces

Are there any photos of Dylan wearing these shoes? I can go back and look. I was just wondering if he wore his high tops all openend up and very loosely laced, like many boys do.

The laces are intriguing, but I sure wish I knew what was discovered. An inch-long shred of lace, or the entire thing?

Per Melissa Colorado ‏@melissacolorado 3m Dylan Redwine's father tells me authorities found his son's 2 femurs and a shoulder blade in woods.
2 femurs
1 shoulder blade or clavicle (collarbone) depending on where you read.

Per Tricia's 6/27 show
1 phalange (finger bone) found in coyote feces

Wow, yeah, those are larger bones; I know what my dog does to smaller bones. Might not find much else.

Are there any photos of Dylan wearing these shoes? I can go back and look. I was just wondering if he wore his high tops all openend up and very loosely laced, like many boys do.

The laces are intriguing, but I sure wish I knew what was discovered. An inch-long shred of lace, or the entire thing?
There are photos on the net. Look up Dylan Redwine Wal-mart and you should find it. I looked at them and they look like the lowtops with the big tongues to me. Too low in the back to be high tops, but could be mids?

Are coyotes scavangers? Will they eat dead meat? Or only fresh meat?

Yes, they would scavange (like a wolf). They like the leftovers from other animals and will sometimes scare off other animals for their kill.

I am concerned that his skull was not found.

I wonder if they have checked for dens in the area. There would be biologists that could help them find the dens. Again, I would check the coyote dens and look for where the lions are staying vs bears.

Bringing my own post over from the other thread:

Where is the skull? IMO There's a reason skulls are generally found mostly intact and it's because they are not easily broken up. Even archaic discoveries generally include the skull, even a hundred thousand years later. An animal may fracture a bone to get at the marrow inside and in doing that digest some of it, but that seems less likely with a skull. The search team included archeologist and anthropologist who would know this also - would they have stopped searching "we found all we're going to find" without the skull?

Also, I don't believe teeth are easily digestible, so I would have thought that teeth and/or skull remains would be located.

I also wonder if they scouted for any large animal dens? Coyote, mountain lion, etc. Not as predators, but as scavengers.

There are photos on the net. Look up Dylan Redwine Wal-mart and you should find it. I looked at them and they look like the lowtops with the big tongues to me. Too low in the back to be high tops, but could be mids?

Ok thanks. Probably skate shoes of some sort.

I would imagine they take whatever they can find. As would some types of bird in the area.

I did wonder if an animal might take the lower limbs (foot in shoe) away to it's den.

Bringing my own post over from the other thread:

Where is the skull? IMO There's a reason skulls are generally found mostly intact and it's because they are not easily broken up. Even archaic discoveries generally include the skull, even a hundred thousand years later. An animal may fracture a bone to get at the marrow inside and in doing that digest some of it, but that seems less likely with a skull. The search team included archeologist and anthropologist who would know this also - would they have stopped searching "we found all we're going to find" without the skull?

Also, I don't believe teeth are easily digestible, so I would have thought that teeth and/or skull remains would be located.

I also wonder if they scouted for any large animal dens? Coyote, mountain lion, etc. Not as predators, but as scavengers.

Have they stopped searching? (I apologize, I've not paid much attention lately and am trying to catch up.)

It's possible that LE does have the skull and just hasn't told anyone, isn't it? I assume the skull would be likely to have some evidence of manner of death, so it seems like they might be hiding this while waiting for ... something, someone to slip up ...

In my opinion, it is also possible more bones were found and LE is keeping some info close to the vest. I also am keeping in mind who is relaying the details to us.

Bears go into hibernation in October or November and do not emerge until March - May (depending on area). They would not have been scavenging when Dylan went missing. When they first emerge from their den, they do not begin with "big" meals. They start small until their digestive system gets into full swing.

Mountain lions would also be in the area. Although they are less likely to be seen by humans - less concern when a human is walking - they could be a factor here. Coyotes are a definite possibility.

So, my question will be - on the bones that were there, is there evidence of possible tool markings. Uggggghhhh. I really, really hate to think things like this. But, did someone really "harm" Dylan's body (maybe even post death) to make the animals more likely to help in covering up of evidence?

RSBBM

Cocomod, this has been my thought all along. I pray I'm wrong, but MR saying "his remains have been scattered throughout the mountains for 7 months" (paraphrasing here).

I have no doubt that LE are holding many cards close to their vests. They just have to finish gathering the evidence, dot their i's and cross their t's before making an arrest.

All moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back