Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Also, please, please treat your fellow posters with respect and courtesy. You may disagree, you may come to any conclusion you want based on how you see the facts, BUT you may NOT browbeat other posters, tell them they are wrong, make subtle comments about their intelligence, etc.

Also - if you are going to post, for 1000th time, that you think whatever, and you don't add anything else to the conversation, that will be considered browbeating and your post will be removed.

If you have already said it many, many times - then trust that we know, we get it, we understand, but that many of us would like to continue discussion. Don't just post to upset the discussion because it is not following your path of thinking. Okay? Reserve the thought for a better time.

Thanks,

Salem

'Heartwrenching interview by Kevin Torres 9 News.. Elaine Redwine has a hole in her heart that can only be filled by her son Dylan. She has been inducted into the involuntary fraternity of the new life's normal; her life will never be the same as it was when she gave Dylan that last hug on November 18, 2012...

Elaine Redwine says she's grateful she asked her son for a hug before he left for that visit. But she never thought he wouldn't come back home.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/342996/339/Elaine-Redwine-Whoever-killed-my-son-is-a-monster

UPDATED: 07/01/2013 - by Kevin Torres

Elaine Redwine: Whoever killed my son is a monster

A new effort is being spearheaded by Dylan's mother and supporters called "Justice for Dylan". They're working with law enforcement to track down his killer.

About the conversations with TG regarding MR saying the search in the mid mountain area was stupid and why see June 9 th Tricia's True Crime radio show -transcript excerpted below

Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

89:53
TG:
And uh…you were looking for Dylan. You went to go to a particular area, and according to Elaine, you told Brandon searching here is stupid. He’s not here, and Brandon was very taken aback by that. You had chance to call Brandon and clear this up, correct?

90:14
MR:
Well, I did, because I’m not gonna’ take Elaine’s word for it based on the way she said it so I went right to the horse’s mouth, so to speak. So, the next day I got hold of Brandon, and as I suspected, it involved a particular day when, um… we were being directed to an area to be handing out flyers and communicating with residents that was on the east side of the town of Bayfield.

90:43
TG:
Mmm hmm.

MR:
Now that… understanding that you need to also understand that the road traveling up in that area is on east side of the mountain range that sits in front of my house.

TG:
Mmm hmm.

90:56
MR:
So the road that I live in is on the west side, and the road that we are on traveling to do this, and I’ll be honest with you, there were very few houses that we came across.

TG:
Mmm hmm.

91:06
MR:
We were almost to the point where we were out of cell phone reach when I got a call from um…Elaine’s friend who had indicated that there was an Albuquerque news reporter there and wanted to do an interview, so we kind of turned around and… I… I…I probably did… and…and this is what Brandon and I talked about…made a comment that it was kind of stupid to be going up in the middle of nowhere on the mountain range
across from the one on my house when there’s no direct route there. You would have had to go to Bayfield and then go all the way around. There’s no direct route over there.

TG:
Mmm hmm.

91:39
MR:
and so, you know, to clarify that, you know, I thought it was probably a little bit on the ridiculous side at that point to be wasting time in an area that I can’t possibly concede Dylan to go. You know when there’s so many other areas that were, in my opinion, more important in that, but I …I…I guess to clarify that, I…I….I think that it’s one of the many things that Dylan’s mother tends to exaggerate more than anything else.

92:13
TG:
She tends to exaggerate what…so what did Brandon say to you? Tell me exactly what he said when you said, “Did I …” Were you taken aback by what I said? Did that shock you?” What did he say?

92:25
MR:
Well…again, he and I were talking about the specific location of where we are and what we were doing at that time and, as I suspected, we were…we were in an area that would have been nearly impossible at that point

TG: (interrupts)
Right.

92:40
MR:
for Dylan to have been in, and I felt like it was a waste of our time to be up in this area because there’s few, if any, houses up there at all, and…

92:50
But, what did you…I’m talking…

(MR & TG talking over one another)

92:51
MR:
given…

92:52
TG:
I’m just talking about when you, last week, when you got a hold of Brandon, what did he say to you?

92:57
MR:
He downplayed the exaggeration that Elaine made it sound like when she was on your show, and…

93:06
Okay.
93:07

MR:
you know, I arguing that I said that it was…it was ridiculous to be looking for Dylan in this location

Mmm hmm.

93:14
MR:
because it was so far gone it would have been nearly impossible for Dylan to be in that area and then he didn’t at all take it as…as…as…being uh… you know, an alarm bell going off in his head by any means, but, you know, I can certainly appreciate the fact that he might have been a bit stricken by the fact that I would insinuate at any point that any place is…is not important enough to be looking for our son.

93:41
TG:
Right! I…and I see what you’re saying. Okay. That’s one thing I wanted to clear up. Uh…we’ve had a lot of people in chat ask about this and we’ve talked about it, but I’m gonna’ have to bring it up one more time because, Mark, this is really important to clear this up, and I…and I hope you can continue to stay with us. You’ve been with us for quite awhile. Can we continue on?

94:04
MR:
Yes, absolutely!

Why does the fact there aren't any houses in the area where Dylan's remains were found mean the area didn't need to be searched? If the area is accessible by vehicle why would it be impossible for Dylan's remains to be there?

Why does the fact there aren't any houses in the area where Dylan's remains were found mean the area didn't need to be searched? If the area is accessible by vehicle why would it be impossible for Dylan's remains to be there?

It' doesn't. That is just more deflection by MR, imo. He is very good at deflecting and changing the focus and avoiding questions by answering something else instead of what was being asked. JMO

It' doesn't. That is just more deflection by MR, imo. He is very good at deflecting and changing the focus and avoiding questions by answering something else instead of what was being asked. JMO

That's for sure.

This is also taken over from the media forum.

I can't stop looking at these photos and wondering. Can someone local tell us? Is that A -where dr was located an overlook or driveway?? a turn around-Was the ground area like that before or mostly dirt as a result of the investigation? I am a little confused now.

This is the middle mtn area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35231&d=1372375181

Also another question who what why....did MR go to the Marshal? Can anyone tell us what State Marshal's do in colorado? TIA

That is a very good question...:waitasec:

I think originally MR said he and B were there posting and handing out Find Missing Dylan flyers. ...and that was mentioned about the general area?
I may be wrong.

Imo, the BBM statement by investigators sniped from this Nov 30, 2012 speaks volumes.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/cops-quiz-dad-of-missing-colorado-boy

Cops quiz dad of missing Colorado boy

Updated: Wednesday, 05 Dec 2012, 1:32 PM MST
Published : Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 4:39 PM MST
By Kim Vallez

VALLECITO LAKE, Colo. - Sheriff's deputies and FBI agents have wrapped up their search of the home of Mark Redwine, the father of a missing Colorado boy.

Dylan Redwine, 13, was last seen Nov. 19 at his father's home in Vallecito.

Investigators are also asking people who may have video or pictures of vehicles traveling between Durango and Vallecito Lake between on Nov. 18 and 19 to come forward.

About the conversations with TG regarding MR saying the search in the mid mountain area was stupid and why see June 9 th Tricia's True Crime radio show -transcript excerpted below

Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

89:53
TG:
And uh…you were looking for Dylan. You went to go to a particular area, and according to Elaine, you told Brandon searching here is stupid. He’s not here, and Brandon was very taken aback by that. You had chance to call Brandon and clear this up, correct?

90:14
MR:
Well, I did, because I’m not gonna’ take Elaine’s word for it based on the way she said it so I went right to the horse’s mouth, so to speak. So, the next day I got hold of Brandon, and as I suspected, it involved a particular day when, um… we were being directed to an area to be handing out flyers and communicating with residents that was on the east side of the town of Bayfield.

TG:
Mmm hmm.

MR:
Now that… understanding that you need to also understand that the road traveling up in that area is on east side of the mountain range that sits in front of my house.

91:06
MR:
We were almost to the point where we were out of cell phone reach when I got a call from um…Elaine’s friend who had indicated that there was an Albuquerque news reporter there and wanted to do an interview, so we kind of turned around and… I… I…I probably did… and…and this is what Brandon and I talked about…made a comment that it was kind of stupid to be going up in the middle of nowhere on the mountain range
across from the one on my house when there’s no direct route there. You would have had to go to Bayfield and then go all the way around. There’s no direct route over there.

92:40
MR:
for Dylan to have been in, and I felt like it was a waste of our time to be up in this area because there’s few, if any, houses up there at all, and…

92:50
But, what did you…I’m talking…

(MR & TG talking over one another)

92:51
MR:
given…

92:52
TG:
I’m just talking about when you, last week, when you got a hold of Brandon, what did he say to you?

92:57
MR:
He downplayed the exaggeration that Elaine made it sound like when she was on your show, and…

93:06
Okay.
93:07

MR:
you know, I arguing that I said that it was…it was ridiculous to be looking for Dylan in this location

Mmm hmm.

93:14
MR:
because it was so far gone it would have been nearly impossible for Dylan to be in that area and then he didn’t at all take it as…as…as…being uh… you know, an alarm bell going off in his head by any means, but, you know, I can certainly appreciate the fact that he might have been a bit stricken by the fact that I would insinuate at any point that any place is…is not important enough to be looking for our son.

93:41
TG:
Right! I…and I see what you’re saying. Okay. That’s one thing I wanted to clear up. Uh…we’ve had a lot of people in chat ask about this and we’ve talked about it, but I’m gonna’ have to bring it up one more time because, Mark, this is really important to clear this up, and I…and I hope you can continue to stay with us. You’ve been with us for quite awhile. Can we continue on?

94:04
MR:
Yes, absolutely!

First BBM,,, He does a lot of communicating and very little talking. This is how many times he's used that instead of just saying TALKED? moving on

Second BBM ,,,,,,, what a bizarre thing to point out that your son ( right? ) did not think it was an alarm bell going off what MR was saying. ( my son didn't think it was strange so why would anyone else )

ETA I made an intentional mental block on MR's other sons' names, so IDK if this is one or not. Sorry if it's someone else. tks

I was wondering last night if Vallecito has any 24 hr convenience stores? Something tells me NO because it's a small town and also seasonal, I bet they close up shops at dark every day.

MR does not say they were up there searching. He says they were handing out flyers and speaking to residents:
we were being directed to an area to be handing out flyers and communicating with residents that was on the east side of the town of Bayfield.
(from the post above)

This is also taken over from the media forum.

I can't stop looking at these photos and wondering. Can someone local tell us? Is that A -where dr was located an overlook or driveway?? a turn around-Was the ground area like that before or mostly dirt as a result of the investigation? I am a little confused now.

This is the middle mtn area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35231&d=1372375181

Also another question who what why....did MR go to the Marshal? Can anyone tell us what State Marshal's do in colorado? TIA

BBM - the Marshal he went to is the Town Marshal, that provides police services to the Town of Bayfield. Unfortunately, the area Dylan was lost in up by Vallecito is not in the Bayfield Town Marshal's jurisdiction as far as I am aware - because it's out of town limits, that area is serviced by the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. http://www.bayfieldgov.org/services/marshals.asp

If you go to Google Maps and type in MR's address (2343 CR 500 Vallecito, CO) you can look at satellite and terrain maps that will show Middle Mountain Road. There are lots of turn offs, places to pull over and even some trail heads. I don't know the exact spot where Dylan's remains were found so I don't know how accurate that map picture is, but you should be able to find that spot on Google Maps.

Admittedly I am teetering on this fence. I know how suspicious MR and his odd behavior is. Part of me thinks he is guilty and the other still thinks it was someone else from the area. I'd like to know more about the status of the deputy arrested for child *advertiser censored*. I wonder if he had his own cruiser. It makes me wonder if Dylan would have accepted a ride thinking a police deputy would be trustworthy. Knowing now that to access MMR you'd have to drive all the way around it makes me suspicious that someone could have given him a ride and then took a turn in a different direction towards MMR. I know it's a long shot but I would like to believe someone other than a father would do something so horrendous. I wish there would be another break in the case. I just want justice for Dylan regardless of who is ultimately responsible. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Imo, the BBM statement by investigators sniped from this Nov 30, 2012 speaks volumes.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/cops-quiz-dad-of-missing-colorado-boy

Cops quiz dad of missing Colorado boy

Updated: Wednesday, 05 Dec 2012, 1:32 PM MST
Published : Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 4:39 PM MST
By Kim Vallez

VALLECITO LAKE, Colo. - Sheriff's deputies and FBI agents have wrapped up their search of the home of Mark Redwine, the father of a missing Colorado boy.

Dylan Redwine, 13, was last seen Nov. 19 at his father's home in Vallecito.

Investigators are also asking people who may have video or pictures of vehicles traveling between Durango and Vallecito Lake between on Nov. 18 and 19 to come forward.

you might also note

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation

Investigators are asking for information from anyone who may have been at their Vallecito homes or traveling in Vallecito on CR 500 or CR 501 between 7:00 PM Sunday, November 18th and 7:00 PM on Monday, November 19th.

If citizens feel they saw or heard any activity during this time frame that was not normal for their neighborhood they are asked to call the local Dylan Tip Line (970-382-7511) to leave a message and contact information. The Dylan Tip Line is checked frequently by Investigators.

both from the LCSO press release in March 2013
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9070775&postcount=106"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

I think originally MR said he and B were there posting and handing out Find Missing Dylan flyers. ...and that was mentioned about the general area?
I may be wrong.

That's how I understood it - that there was no point handing out fliers in an area that hardly anyone lived in.

Admittedly I am teetering on this fence. I know how suspicious MR and his odd behavior is. Part of me thinks he is guilty and the other still thinks it was someone else from the area. I'd like to know more about the status of the deputy arrested for child *advertiser censored*. I wonder if he had his own cruiser. It makes me wonder if Dylan would have accepted a ride thinking a police deputy would be trustworthy. Knowing now that to access MMR you'd have to drive all the way around it makes me suspicious that someone could have given him a ride and then took a turn in a different direction towards MMR. I know it's a long shot but I would like to believe someone other than a father would do something so horrendous. I wish there would be another break in the case. I just want justice for Dylan regardless of who is ultimately responsible. MOO

BBM

It is confusing, but that statement is not correct, imo. You don't have to drive all the way around to access Middle Mt. area. That is just ONE WAY you can access it. But there is a direct way right from Mark's house, up to the gate at Middle Mountain.

MR does not say they were up there searching. He says they were handing out flyers and speaking to residents:
(from the post above)

BBM - the Marshal he went to is the Town Marshal, that provides police services to the Town of Bayfield. Unfortunately, the area Dylan was lost in up by Vallecito is not in the Bayfield Town Marshal's jurisdiction as far as I am aware - because it's out of town limits, that area is serviced by the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. http://www.bayfieldgov.org/services/marshals.asp

If you go to Google Maps and type in MR's address (2343 CR 500 Vallecito, CO) you can look at satellite and terrain maps that will show Middle Mountain Road. There are lots of turn offs, places to pull over and even some trail heads. I don't know the exact spot where Dylan's remains were found so I don't know how accurate that map picture is, but you should be able to find that spot on Google Maps.

TY I havent ever really heard of a Marshal at work in CT at all.
I looked up what they learn in Marshall training school though.

This is the wonderful and helpful post and link found in the media section here
on WS which shows the relationships of 4 the roads, and major sites in the investigation. You may find these helpful.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9608434&postcount=129"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

:seeya:

BBM

It is confusing, but that statement is not correct, imo. You don't have to drive all the way around to access Middle Mt. area. That is just ONE WAY you can access it. But there is a direct way right from Mark's house, up to the gate at Middle Mountain.

Can you show me the route one would take by car that is more direct? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member