What Exactly Is Happening With Darlie Now?

sadieh

Reaction score
It has been a few years since I read the books and made my determination that Darlie was guilty.

What is happening with her now. Is her husband still hanging in there? Is there a chance for a new trial? She is obviously still on DR and in Texas it seems they don't waste too much time.

So, it anyone can tell me what is happening, I would appreciate it.

One more thing - I think, like I said above that she is exactly where she should be, but one thing always bugged me and that was the awful bruising on her arms. How did she do that to herself?

Also, what is she up to in her appeals process.?

This case has always intrigued me and maybe some of you out there can get me back on track as to what is happening.

Thanks
:p

The defense recently filed a discovery motion in state court to try and have hair DNA tested. The latest appeal was denied in December by the Court of Criminal Appeals. Her attorneys have one year to file their federal appeal to that denial. Her husband remains supportive publicly; however, recent documents lead some to believe that she'd be willing to throw him under the bus if she feels it will spare her life.

How many more years before they finally give her the needle?

sadieh said:
How many more years before they finally give her the needle?

I don't know. Her appeals process is taking longer than usual due to the court reporters mistakes on the trial transcript. She's got some time.

As for the bruises on her arm, how much does it take to swing your arm with force against a door frame, a countertop or some other object to make bruises?

Someone mentioned the husband coming downstairs and there being controversy over whether he had put his pants on first or his glasses before coming downstairs. Someone thought that was suspicious given the circumstances. I don't see it that way. Having glasses myself, I keep them next to the bed and that is the first thing I grab when waking. There are a lot of people who leave a pair of pants or other clothing close by to put on in case they require it on waking (such as taking the dog out) or for an emergency. Being awoken by screams, not knowing what he would find downstairs, putting on his glasses and pants in a hurry doesn't seem suspicious to me.

Jeana (DP) said:
The defense recently filed a discovery motion in state court to try and have hair DNA tested. The latest appeal was denied in December by the Court of Criminal Appeals. Her attorneys have one year to file their federal appeal to that denial. Her husband remains supportive publicly; however, recent documents lead some to believe that she'd be willing to throw him under the bus if she feels it will spare her life.
I thought long time ago the day would come when she would try and put the blame on him. If she's claiming he did it then why I wonder what explanation she would give for keeping silent about it all these years, considering it was her beloved children.

mollymalone said:
As for the bruises on her arm, how much does it take to swing your arm with force against a door frame, a countertop or some other object to make bruises?

Someone mentioned the husband coming downstairs and there being controversy over whether he had put his pants on first or his glasses before coming downstairs. Someone thought that was suspicious given the circumstances. I don't see it that way. Having glasses myself, I keep them next to the bed and that is the first thing I grab when waking. There are a lot of people who leave a pair of pants or other clothing close by to put on in case they require it on waking (such as taking the dog out) or for an emergency. Being awoken by screams, not knowing what he would find downstairs, putting on his glasses and pants in a hurry doesn't seem suspicious to me.

Actually, the "controversy" about what Darin was and wasn't wearing when he came down the stairs was bourne out of the fact that what he was wearing changed from one statement to another. In one statement, Darin said that he slept in the nude (which makes little sense to me since the baby was expected to wake up during the night), but says that he put his jeans on. He later said that he put his glasses on and that he can't see crap without them. It would help if he could make up his mind.

mollymalone said:
I thought long time ago the day would come when she would try and put the blame on him. If she's claiming he did it then why I wonder what explanation she would give for keeping silent about it all these years, considering it was her beloved children.

Traumatic amnesia is what the defense is claiming. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jeana (DP) said:
Actually, the "controversy" about what Darin was and wasn't wearing when he came down the stairs was bourne out of the fact that what he was wearing changed from one statement to another. In one statement, Darin said that he slept in the nude (which makes little sense to me since the baby was expected to wake up during the night), but says that he put his jeans on. He later said that he put his glasses on and that he can't see crap without them. It would help if he could make up his mind.
Maybe the confusion stems from the fact that he was awakened abruptly by screams, went down to find bedlam and it's aftermath. (Playing devils advocate here). Maybe he did put his jeans on and his glasses on, and in the statement he made about the jeans, he didn't think about saying his glasses. If his story was picture perfect each and every time about what he the jeans or glasses that would be more eyebrow raising.

I don't think Darin was part of this, if he had I think it would have been much more stage managed and thought out. I think Darlie did it all on her own. Darlie thought that LE or anyone else would believe her story and no one would believe that she would do this to her own children, or to herself.
IMO

Jeana (DP) said:
Traumatic amnesia is what the defense is claiming. :confused: :confused: :confused:
:doh: Give em' credit for imagination, but that's not going to fly. Traumatic amnesia for that long a time, for years while she sits in a jail to protect him, knowing she could/would be executed at the end of it. Right. SUUUUURE.

Jeana (DP) said:

I thoughy Judge Francis was still ruling on the latest DNA testing...? For the rape kit, facial kit, jeans, fingerprint etc. I know they were hoping for a ruling in Jan but it got delayed

Dani_T said:
I thoughy Judge Francis was still ruling on the latest DNA testing...? For the rape kit, facial kit, jeans, fingerprint etc. I know they were hoping for a ruling in Jan but it got delayed

Yup, that's the discovery motion I mentioned.

mollymalone said:
:doh: Give em' credit for imagination, but that's not going to fly. Traumatic amnesia for that long a time, for years while she sits in a jail to protect him, knowing she could/would be executed at the end of it. Right. SUUUUURE.

LOL Who can blame them for trying! LOL She didn't give her attorneys too much to work with. Once your client crucifies herself on the witness stand, damage control is all you've got left.

Dani_T said:
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/rfrancis-final.php
Court's findings of fact and conclusions of Law - Today's date 3/31/2005
DENIED

mollymalone said:
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/rfrancis-final.php
Court's findings of fact and conclusions of Law - Today's date 3/31/2005
DENIED

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm SHOCKED (not). Thanks for the info Molly

Here's Darlie Routier's application to the court:

APPLICANT’S CLAIMS
In her Application for Writ of Habeas Corpus, Applicant raises the following grounds for relief:

(1) whether she is actually innocent of the crime for which she was convicted;

(2) whether a defective reporter’s record of the trial denies her rights to due process of law;

(3) whether she received ineffective assistance of counsel from her team of lawyers due to:

a conflict of interest on the part of Doug Mulder;
an unreasonable investigation on the part of the defense team;
the failure to object to allegedly inadmissible evidence of her character;
the failure to object to allegedly inadmissible hearsay;
the failure to object to testimony regarding statements made by Applicant while she was in a hospital;
a failure to object to the prosecutors interfering with access to witnesses;
the failure to offer a surveillance video tape depicting a prayer service earlier in the day of the “silly string” party;
(4) whether the cumulative effect of her defense team’s actions violated her rights;

(5) whether prosecutorial misconduct deprived her of a fair trial;

(6) whether the prosecution violated Brady v. Maryland by failing to disclose favorable evidence that:

would impeach FBI agent Alan Brantley;
would impeach trace evidence analyst Charles Linch;
and would demonstrate that Applicant was not a future danger.
(7) whether the prosecution failed to correct false testimony from Charles Linch;

(8) whether the cumulative effect of alleged misconduct by the prosecution deprived Applicant of a fair trial; and

(9) whether the Texas death penalty system is unconstitutional on its face.

see link for rest of document(s).

Jeana (DP) said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm SHOCKED (not). Thanks for the info Molly
You are welcome. I thought I'd surf a bit and find out if the Judge had made a ruling yet. She's lost another one.

There is so much more, so it's best to visit the link.

However, Darlie is blaming a)Darin b)her former lawyer) c)a media person
d) the court clerk e) doctors and nurses f) prosecutor g) anything and everyone else.

Jeana (DP) said:
Molly - stop!!! LOL

You can only post a link - not the whole thing. :) :) :) :)
Sorry! I did stop! LOL She's thrown the kitchen sink into that motion. Each and every one of it has been rebutted and denied by the Judge. He dealt with the accusation against Darin too.

Since this has failed, what's her next step? Do you know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back