Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

This thread will open the start of court on Tuesday July 2nd.

We are going to try opening one thread for the trial of George Zimmerman.

Discussions became so heated and hateful that we closed the whole Martin/Zimmerman discussion until the trial started.

If things get out of hand again we will close this thread.

Just because someone might think George Zimmerman is innocent does not make them a racist.

Just because someone thinks Trayvon Martin was killed in cold blood does not make them a racist.

Here are the rules on posting on Websleuths. I would suggest you read them and if you have any questions you can email me at tgrif@xmission.com

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

If you are to believe Zimmerman, Trayvon was the greatest multitasker of all-times. Not only was he able to restrain him physically, do this while pounding his head into the concrete, whilst covering his mouth and face; yet, simultaneously reaching for his gun.

And some kind of way Zimmerman can scream for help to the top of his lungs while having his mouth covered and not being able to breathe o_O not buying it....

You have to love this courtroom, starts on time, brings jury in ~ straight down to business. Motion of improper evidence?

Even the state sided talking heads thinks the state is in trouble getting a conviction now. Yesterday was a very good day for the defense.

was this objected to yesterday?? just curious

Improper to ask the detective about his OPINIONS on truth or otherwise of Zimmerman's statements as mentioned yesterday. Audio cut.

The lady on HLN keeps saying that Serino claimed that he knew GZ was innocent once he found out that he mentored black youth.

I thought that was embellished and later debunked? He was actually doing community service as apart of his release program for either the domestic violence case or the arrest for assaulting the police officer.

Moreover, didn't Serino want at least manslaughter because he believed GZ was lying?

Serino seems to have a grudge and this is now retaliation for him being demoted.

After watching all the recaps last night, I feel more strongly that GZ is telling the truth.

Why?

Because he was out in front of the windows and he knew people could be watching. He knew the police were on the way and had no idea that they were not walking up at that very minute and saw the whole thing.. and then when questioned and told they had it all on video, He was relieved and thankful for it.

I think a lot of the testimony works in his favor. This has felt like a defense case. Every one of these witnesses so far has worked for the defense instead of the prosecution..

I don't see any big inconsistencies and really do believe him. His statements were all made before knowing that TM is dead, and before he knew what was on the 911 tapes and before he learns of any statements from anyone else.

I see nothing that changes that.

I think that the evidence backs GZ up. Where the other view that he was the aggressor is solely based on feelings and there is no proof to back it up.
I could not find him guilty of Murder. Im still open to see proof but right now, There is no way I see Murder. I see a fight that resulted in a death. I believe that TM attacked him and not the other way around.

I just don't see any evidence that proves it happened any other way.

JMO and OMO.

Improper to ask the detective about his OPINIONS on truth or otherwise of Zimmerman's statements as mentioned yesterday. Audio cut.

I don't think so. I think that is a normal question and one that leads them to go after charges or not. OMO

The lady on HLN keeps saying that Serino claimed that he knew GZ was innocent once he found out that he mentored black youth.

I thought that was embellished and later debunked? He was actually doing community service as apart of his release program for either the domestic violence case or the arrest for assaulting the police officer.

Moreover, didn't Serino want at least manslaughter because he believed GZ was lying?

Serino seems to have a grudge and this is now retaliation for him being demoted.

I don't think its just him. I think its the entire SPD.

state wants to strike some of Serinos' prior testimony

Which is a riot since he is Their witness!!! This is a side show. This whole case is a bad case that should have never been brought. They just don't have evidence.. This is all based on pressure and emotion. OMO

Which is a riot since he is Their witness!!! This is a side show. This whole case is a bad case that should have never been brought. They just don't have evidence.. This is all based on pressure and emotion. OMO

I know their own witnesses are killing their case. This is what happens when you bowto political pressure to bring a case.

Honestly this case should be dismissed. IT just should be.

The prosecution is fighting their own witnesses. IT looks so ridiculous.

When I see a witness for one side I expect to see them squarely in that camp even with some questions.. I don't see that. I see people who WANT to be on the PROS side but come off very very pro DEF.

I think this case is really showing signs of crumbling quickly.

OMO

They showed a lot of video of the police questioning George (if you can even call that mess questioning), played audio of questioning and showed video of George going to the neighborhood to explain what happened to an officer.

The videos show a few things. One being that the police automatically believed his version of events and did not treat him as a suspect. Zimmerman's explanation also came off as implausible and there were a lot of contradictions which the female officer pointed out. One being that George said Trayvon circled his car but later backtracked that he didn't not come that close and did not circle it entirely when the officer asked him why didn't he use that opportunity to talk to Trayvon. The female officer also suggested that Trayvon may have found George's behavior "creepy" (the exact word Rachel said Trayvon used when describing Zimmerman, ironically).

However, when the officer and detective that questioned George took the stand, it was apparent they are trying to cover up for him. The female officer said that she didn't think his stories were inconsistent and it is normal for someone to add important details in later interviews.

So while the videos clearly show that George gave no reasonable explanation and contradicted himself multiple times, the prosecution still had a difficult time getting these witnesses to admit that.

Wasn't this the investigator the one who originally wanted to charge GZ with something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member