Woman disappointed to learn on 106th birthday that she's not 105

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Minnie Stein had just one complaint on her 106th birthday. She was sure she was only 105. "She always thought that she was a year younger," Stein's daughter, Joan Gillespie, said on her mother's birthday Tuesday.

But Gillespie said a birth certificate obtained from Harrisburg showed that her mother was born in 1899. "She was not happy about it at all!"

Stein struggles to hear and see. She makes her way around her small apartment, 26 steps up from the street, slowly but steadily and resists entreaties to move in with family members or into an assisted living home. "She won't hear of it," Gillespie said.

Stein has lived alone since her husband, Ervin Stein, died at age 52. She worked at a cigar factory until she was 70, has been in good health and said she didn't need dentures until she was about 103. She takes no medications and attributed her longevity to eating well and taking vitamins.

While Stein said she would have made some decisions differently in life, she wouldn't elaborate, preferring to talk about memories of a beautiful sunset, helping her father plant corn, and traveling across the Continental Divide.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/bizarre/033005_APsn_birthday.html

:doh: how many complaints do you have at 106? This is so funny actually. What a sweet old lady. Now she has a funny story to tell her great great great great great grandchildren!!!

CinnamonGirl said:
That is great,my grandmother is 100 but she can't walk anymore,her legs are to weak.That's great this lady can get around still.

God bless your grandmother. Mine will turn 98 this month. She's still doing great, she still shops at Walmart and goes to the mall when she needs new clothes. She has her mind, loves to read but has had to get hearing aids recently. I am going to be just like her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back