help! cannot register on board. newbie here!

My e-mail inbox lists the contact address you have provided as undeliverable. Have frustrated all efforts to post. Have been sent three different passwords, none of which has worked: 23786512, 3972472, and lastly 312793. I have not had this problem on any other site and would appreciate any response at all, including that my registration is denied, if that is the case.

Hi,

Please email me at tgrif@xmission.com if you have not done so already.

Sorry about the mailbox. I have been trying to get the software people to change it forever. That's why I posted my email addy on all my posts.

Thanks,
Tricia
tgrif@xmission.com

Can anyone please tell me how to send a pm? When I go to my forum jump drop down and select private messages it tells me I don't have permission. How do I get permission to send these?

:confused:

PM's and other features are not available to newbies until you have 50 posts.

Thank you so much for the info! I thought I had done something wrong! I was driving myself crazy searching and of course I was overlooking it! It explained it in the features section had I SLOWED down and read it all the way through.

thanks again! I really appreciate you!:)

No problem! Go play in the game room if you want to increase your post count fast! LOL!

I don;t know how to get to the thread I want to read and post on can someone help me I want to be on the casey;s case love to read and will post some.I think I am already a member here on this baord.thank you for any help you can give me.martha

Please help me. I am having problems getting to the various topics I want.
I read the FAQS and noticed there is supposed to be a BUTTON (I think thats what you call it) at the top of each page with SEARCH and TODAYS POSTS but when I choose either of them I get a page telling me that I am not authorized to do that. I noticed that you have to post a certain amount before you can use private IMs. Is the SEARCH and TODAYS POSTS feature restricted like that too? Is there a page that lists this type information?

Please help me. I am having problems getting to the various topics I want.
I read the FAQS and noticed there is supposed to be a BUTTON (I think thats what you call it) at the top of each page with SEARCH and TODAYS POSTS but when I choose either of them I get a page telling me that I am not authorized to do that. I noticed that you have to post a certain amount before you can use private IMs. Is the SEARCH and TODAYS POSTS feature restricted like that too? Is there a page that lists this type information?
Welcome to Websleuths, Flow!

I guess the main way I navigate the forum is by hitting the NEW POSTS button at the top of each page (in the blue bar).

The more posts you have, the more privileges you get. A good, fun way to build up your post count (and make friends) is to play some games in the Game Room.

I understand my reply to your question was somewhat lacking, so hopefully someone who is a bit more savvy will see this thread when I 'bump' it back to the front page.

BUMP!

Yes, searching is a feature you can only use after you have built up your post count a bit. I think this is to keep spammers from being able to "blend in" to topics.

Build up your count, and in the meantime you can just use the "new posts" (I don't think that is restricted) or the community page that lists all the forums and find the ones that interest you.

ETA: I guess from your post above, today's posts might be restricted. huh. I guess that makes sense, since it runs on a search.

BTW, you can also visit the newbie thread (in my siggy) to build up posts and meet people. :)

Yes, searching is a feature you can only use after you have built up your post count a bit. I think this is to keep spammers from being able to "blend in" to topics.

Build up your count, and in the meantime you can just use the "new posts" (I don't think that is restricted) or the community page that lists all the forums and find the ones that interest you.

ETA: I guess from your post above, today's posts might be restricted. huh. I guess that makes sense, since it runs on a search.

BTW, you can also visit the newbie thread (in my siggy) to build up posts and meet people. :)

I don't know if it's my screen settings or if I'm not too bright, but I read your signature stuff several times before I finally saw the Newbie link in it.

Thank you!!!

hi everybody - i need help, too! i just registered yesterday, and have tried to do searches on cases, on how to ask a question / contact a moderator, etc. and have been totally unsuccessful - it keeps telling me i don't have permission or something. (um, but that's why i even registered for websleuths in the first place!) i get more results from just putting in websleuths and the case i'm looking for (somer thompson) in google. i just read all the faq's, and there's no info there about this... why can't i search??? when will i be able to??? i can't post a new thread, can't do a bunch of stuff??? also, when i tried the "contact us" button, it just popped up a window asking me to chose gmail or some other e-mail option to, i guess, "associate" with my websleuths account. that is a HUGE no - no for me - i do not enter my personal info into pop-ups, sorry. so, after all this rambling (sorry - don't be too hard on me i'm a newbie!!! : ) i guess i just want to know 1. why can't i "search" / post / etc., even though i've registered!, and when will i be able to!?? and 2. is there an e-mail address / contact info for the moderators / owners of this site so i can ask them questions instead of bothering you kind folks? thank you all so much in advance for your time and expertise - i appreciate it!

hi everybody - i need help, too! i just registered yesterday, and have tried to do searches on cases, on how to ask a question / contact a moderator, etc. and have been totally unsuccessful - it keeps telling me i don't have permission or something. (um, but that's why i even registered for websleuths in the first place!) i get more results from just putting in websleuths and the case i'm looking for (somer thompson) in google. i just read all the faq's, and there's no info there about this... why can't i search??? when will i be able to??? i can't post a new thread, can't do a bunch of stuff??? also, when i tried the "contact us" button, it just popped up a window asking me to chose gmail or some other e-mail option to, i guess, "associate" with my websleuths account. that is a HUGE no - no for me - i do not enter my personal info into pop-ups, sorry. so, after all this rambling (sorry - don't be too hard on me i'm a newbie!!! : ) i guess i just want to know 1. why can't i "search" / post / etc., even though i've registered!, and when will i be able to!?? and 2. is there an e-mail address / contact info for the moderators / owners of this site so i can ask them questions instead of bothering you kind folks? thank you all so much in advance for your time and expertise - i appreciate it!
:Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june:

Don't worry - after you get a certain number of posts under your belt you will be able to do all those things and much more! I am not sure how many 25-50 or so, so go find stuff you are interested in and start posting!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back