Woman sexually assulted on Commercial Flight

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 25-year-old Peabody woman testified yesterday she woke up in horror aboard a Delta flight three years ago to discover a man with his hand down her pants.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> ``What the (expletive) are you doing?'' the medical secretary told jurors she said as she grabbed the man's forearm. ``He looked at me as if he had no idea what I was taking about.''
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> The woman identified Arizona health care executive Deepak Jahagirdar yesterday as the man who digitally raped her as she slept during the afternoon Dallas-to-Boston flight on March 31, 2002.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> Jahagirdar, 56, has pleaded innocent to charges of sexual abuse and abusive sexual contact aboard an aircraft and faces up to 20 years if convicted.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> Testing on DNA taken from scrapings of his fingernails matched the woman's DNA, prosecutors said.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=75670

But is there really a law for:
abusive sexual contact aboard an aircraft ?
Does it make it worse because they're in an airplane???

Hi Jeana.. I think it has something to do with there being no juristiction... like if it happened in Iowa, or Kansas... because it is on a plane, it could be anywhere so it is a different set of laws.. like maritime law for ships... etc

Casshew said:
Hi Jeana.. I think it has something to do with there being no juristiction... like if it happened in Iowa, or Kansas... because it is on a plane, it could be anywhere so it is a different set of laws.. like maritime law for ships... etc

That makes sense. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back