Please Read Clarification on "In My Opinion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is some confusion concerning the requirement of using the term, "In My Opinion" in your posts when in fact you are posting your opinion.

When I say you need you to put this in "your post" that means we need to be able to see it clearly. If you put it in your post each time or you decide to put it in your signature it doesn't matter. As long as we can read it and easily see it.

What many poster do is put it in their signature and say something along the lines of , " ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED."

Many posters would rather not put it in their signature and that's fine too. Just put it in your post when appropriate .

If you want to put this in your signature scroll to the top of the page and look for the "user cp" tab and go from there.

Because of the nature of the Zimmerman trial we enforced this rule firmly on this particular case. However you will find that other places on the forum are not as strict. Just please go with the flow and don't make a big deal if you don't see others posting IMO on other places on Websleuths. Our mods get bogged down with the tit for tat alerts .

If you have any questions please post them here.

Thank you.

No question...just a comment that might aid in understanding. It never occurred to me, personally, that this was a requirement. I just thought the people who did it were very fastidious.
Because I just assumed whatever I was reading was someone's opinion, unless they stated otherwise and shared a link to back it up.

I'm sure there are others who didn't realize this was required, as well.

Thanks for the info!

No question...just a comment that might aid in understanding. It never occurred to me, personally, that this was a requirement. I just thought the people who did it were very fastidious.
Because I just assumed whatever I was reading was someone's opinion, unless they stated otherwise and shared a link to back it up.

I'm sure there are others who didn't realize this was required, as well.

Thanks for the info!
It is required for this particular case. People are so emotional about this trial that every little thing that isn't just right can cause an explosion of problems. That's why we are strict on this rule rule here in the Zimmerman forum.

O/T and I'll delete this post after the answer: is there a discussion thread for today (Wednesday)? I've refreshed the page several times and don't see it. TIA

The site was hard to get into a short time ago. Hopefully we will have a new thread soon.

Good Morning All - Top of The Day !!
Hello Trident,
As you may know, the hearing in court went sooo late last evening that perhaps it's caused a delay in today's Discussion Thread? IMO
Loads to discuss today !!
Thanks for all the details, Tricia!

I have been banned 3 times so take it from me, these people don't mess around. IMO

I am just going to post an observation. We seem to be light on Mods this morning. Right now only one is on the site. My guess is that may have something to do with it.

I think we just need to be patient and wait for Tricia or pm her and wait for reply..

Im sure someone will let us know soon..

Hang in there!

ETA: I don't think using this thread off topic will help anything. It is one thing to ask for clarification and help with an issue but to keep discussing or going off the rails I don't think will help keep our threads here going.. be patient.. We can do it! Let's show the proper respect to the rules of the forum.

Hello web sleuths. Looking forward to new thread too. Case is coming to a close soon, what a ride! I did not notice lisasalinger's long post/reply in the last thread, so hopefully will get to address her detailed concerns in the new one. I'm really curious to know if jurors are close to making up their minds? All IMO...please don't ban me!

:cheers:

Patience Patience. It's not like there is a ton interesting going on at this moment.

I would like to elect Dibsy as the pretrial thread foreman because of her/his common sense and beliefs in this case. IMO

I thought maybe we got shut down again too :)

As much as we all have different opinions, and see things from different perspectives, I want you all to know that I really do value what you have to say. I appreciate that people are passionate about what they believe.

Have a good morning, I'll check back in shortly.

IMO

Well the next question has to be. Will someone step forward and be the substitute moderator to fill during the teacher's absence?
I vote for ScarlettScarpetta. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member