PA - Man fondles toddler in Walmart Shopping Cart

WillenFan21

Reaction score
This is SICK! Kids aren't even safe to go shopping with their parents at Walmart anymore. :banghead:

Police: man fondled toddler in shopping cart with mother nearby
Posted: Jul 09, 2013 4:19 PM EST Updated: Jul 09, 2013 9:11 PM EST
By Sari Heidenreich - email

Robert R. Robert R.
ETTERS, Pa. (WHTM) -

Update: Alfrey has been released on bail. Bail was set at $50,000. Suspects are required to post just 5-10% of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Fairview Township man followed a toddler and her mom around Walmart and repeatedly assaulted the young girl while her mother had her back turned, according to Newberry Township Police.

Police said Robert R. Alfrey, 69, indecently assaulted the two-year-old as he exited the store and the girl was sitting in a shopping cart. Her mother was several feet away.

"The parent did absolutely nothing wrong," Newberry Township Police Chief John Snyder told the York Dispatch. "Her back was turned for just a brief minute."

Alfrey then allegedly reentered the store, followed the mother and daughter around, and inappropriately touched the child, again. A nearby patron saw him and verbally confronted him about it. Police say the assault then stopped and Alfrey left.

MORE: http://www.abc27.com/story/22796625/police-man-fondled-2-year-old

22796625_BG1.jpg

Be On The Look Out for this man...he posted bail, which means he can do it again.

Okay, I have never been to a Walmart and nothing I have heard in the past few years is encouraging me to reconsider my choice.

Okay, I have never been to a Walmart and nothing I have heard in the past few years is encouraging me to reconsider my choice.

I think I'll go more often, just to be on the lookout for nut jobs - especially when I'm in a bad mood.

I believe this heat, with the humidity, is making us all nuts.:moo:

I didn't catch the city or state...........Walmart has allot of cameras!!!

I didn't catch the city or state...........Walmart has allot of cameras!!!

It was a Walmart in Walmart in Newberry Township.

They have the film and see he followed the mother and child around the store and have found that he touched her many times in the store. The mother got his License # and that's how they caught him.

Here's a good local article about it.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci_23626762/police-man-fondled-2-year-old-walmart-cart

This article says that he recently applied to become a child advocate. Can you believe it?

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci_23634305/man-accused-molesting-tot-walmart-is-cumberland-co

When I saw his address last night, I put it in Bing maps and saw that he lives directly across the street from a middle school. How could they release him on bail?

I think I'll go more often, just to be on the lookout for nut jobs - especially when I'm in a bad mood.

I believe this heat, with the humidity, is making us all nuts.:moo:

If you've seen the "People of Walmart" website you'll have an awfully hard time distinguishing which nutjobs are dangerous and which are just nutjobs. :eek:

It was a Walmart in Walmart in Newberry Township.

They have the film and see he followed the mother and child around the store and have found that he touched her many times in the store. The mother got his License # and that's how they caught him.

Here's a good local article about it.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci_23626762/police-man-fondled-2-year-old-walmart-cart

This article says that he recently applied to become a child advocate. Can you believe it?

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci_23634305/man-accused-molesting-tot-walmart-is-cumberland-co

When I saw his address last night, I put it in Bing maps and saw that he lives directly across the street from a middle school. How could they release him on bail?

Absolutely classic for a predator like this. He goes where the children are.

I have to believe he has some other victims out there-it seems unlikely that he woke up one day and decided to molest a 2 year old. What I find chilling is the child's age. I hope his loved ones are looking at any children who have limited communication because of age. :banghead:

Absolutely classic for a predator like this. He goes where the children are.

I have to believe he has some other victims out there-it seems unlikely that he woke up one day and decided to molest a 2 year old. What I find chilling is the child's age. I hope his loved ones are looking at any children who have limited communication because of age. :banghead:

The guy who did this is on tape and he's 69. Hopefully his sentence will keep him in prison til he's dead.

That's what concerns me Steely-he is 70. He indecently assaulted a baby in full view of the public and security cameras.

I just think there is a chance he has some other kids who are victims. And he came up with the bail money pretty quickly.

That's what concerns me Steely-he is 70. He indecently assaulted a baby in full view of the public and security cameras.

I just think there is a chance he has some other kids who are victims. And he came up with the bail money pretty quickly.

I agree. The bail was way too low. Hopefully, with his picture in the paper now he'll be afraid to leave the house. Also, this might encourage others to come forward. JMO

If he has a computer or phone can't they check it and check back on old walmart tapes. He might have trolled there doing it to other babies. He needs more charges so he will die in jail. Surely dementia or some severe brain disorder wouldn't make a man start doing that and then know enough to flee. There has to be more victims.

I think if I ever see anyone doing this I'll beat first and verbally confront later.

I just can't imagine what men get out of fondling a baby in a shopping cart in a store. How low can you go? I really believe he has left a string of other victims behind him that didn't report him to the police.

If he has a computer or phone can't they check it and check back on old walmart tapes. He might have trolled there doing it to other babies. He needs more charges so he will die in jail. Surely dementia or some severe brain disorder wouldn't make a man start doing that and then know enough to flee. There has to be more victims.

BBM

Interesting thought. Cell phone records would only pinpoint a general area, IIRC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back