GUILTY NY - Alabama man, 43, permanently disabled by sucker punch, Buffalo, 5 July 2013

T4Tide

Verified Registered Nurse
Reaction score
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20130709/NEWS/130709808?tc=cr

"A Tuscaloosa businessman is in a coma after he was attacked after a concert in New York last week.

Jason McNeil has been hospitalized in Buffalo, New York since the July 5 Kid Rock concert at a theme park resort in western New York state.

McNeil, 43, suffered from a serious head injury and is in critical condition in a trauma intensive care unit."

more at link...

"According to media reports, Craig Lawson, 34, of Ontario, Canada was charged with misdemeanor third-degree assault after punching a victim unconscious at the concert in Genesee County, New York."

Local to me... I don't know Jason personally, but I have lots of FB friends who obviously do, and they say he is a very good man, husband, and father. Such a sad, sad act of random, useless violence. Prayers for Jason, Pam, and their two baby girls. :(

From September 2014:

http://www.thebatavian.com/howard-o...ncert-jason-mcneils-catastrophic-injuries/446

The suit alleges other factors that contributed to McNeil's injuries, said attorney Donald Chiari, but at the heart of it is how Live Nation security handled Lawson after the decision had been made to eject him from the venue for being drunk and disorderly.

Lawson was taken to the concert venue gate (possibly the one known as South PAC), but the guard never completed the task of actually getting Lawson out the gate, Chiari said. If he had, there were security guards in place to keep him out of the venue... With Lawson allegedly left unattended for a couple of minutes inside the concert venue, the 34-year-old Canadian ran over to the VIP gate, and in a case of mistaken identity, cold-cocked McNeil.

The punch delivered to a person he had no prior contact with is a fact Lawson admitted during his sentencing Aug. 18. He's currently serving a year in the Genesee County Jail on the assault charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back