Ben Perkins Jr.

annemc2

her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wonder why she was so interested in lawyers with the last name of "Perkins?"

Ben is a lawyer in Inglewood, CA (who claims to have no memory of her. Atty/client privilege? )

Jennifer Perkins is a lawyer in Dallas, Tx - nothing to go on this, really - just a name in the page of scrawls. Not sure if this is the right Jennifer Perkins.

Ben is a lawyer in Inglewood, CA (who claims to have no memory of her. Atty/client privilege? )

Jennifer Perkins is a lawyer in Dallas, Tx - nothing to go on this, really - just a name in the page of scrawls. Not sure if this is the right Jennifer Perkins.

To me it looks like she was trying to figure out a way to disappear again. (Like it wasn't stressful enough the first time.)

What seems odd to me is the Passport to visit London and Germany.
Also that she wrote down "Jennifer".
Please note that Jennifer Wictor went missing 3/10/1988
and up surfaced Lori Kennedy 7/12/1988
moo

I believe the attorney, Ben Perkins Jr. specialized in bankruptcy - also, he was disbarred in '89. He is mentioned in this article:

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-01-12/news/mn-396_1_consumer-bankruptcies/3

"For example, it turns out that one paralegal who helps debtors fill out their petitions is Ben Perkins Jr., a disbarred attorney.

Perkins' work came under sharp criticism at a recent creditors meeting run by Elsie Davis, a veteran trustee with an impatient manner and a sharp tongue who retired last month. "He has never gotten one (filing) right yet," Davis told a couple who had paid Perkins to help fill out their bankruptcy papers.

In a phone interview from his office in Inglewood, Perkins claimed that any mistakes in his filings were minor and called Davis' charges a lie. Perkins was disbarred in 1989 for repeated misconduct and client neglect, including two cases involving bankruptcy, State Bar records show."

It seems extreme for someone facing bankruptcy to steal an identity but... I wonder if she found herself in serious debt (or debt and crime) and this played some part in her identity change?

I doubt that anybody facing just a bankruptcy would go through the lengths that she did to change her identity. There has got to be a LOT more behind the story. On the other hand, the way she managed to change her identity was rather smart. Remember this was the 1980's before the internet and life as we know it today. Maybe she had some "advisers" that helped her along the way. Is there any way to find out why the lawyer was disbarred?

'Don't know much more than the info in the article I linked in my post. But I also wondered if he might have dispensed some "creative advice".

"Perkins was disbarred in 1989 for repeated misconduct and client neglect, including two cases involving bankruptcy, State Bar records show."

But there were certain individuals that people could go to for fake id's and related "services". ....
With this in mind, it means that she may have never been to the grave yard in Puyallup, WA and had no connection to BST's family.

I think that's a good point. The identity change was done so well it seemed like she had guidance or more likely an underworld 'document broker' gave her all the information she needed to do it:

- Deceased person's name roughly matching her age (All immediate family dead. Born and died in different states)
- Birth certificate
- Death certificate
- (Possibly fake) state ID card.

You take all the documents and apply for a name change and a social security number.

Personally, I'd be willing to bet that the 'records' held by Ben Perkins...

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

... relate to her former life. The Seattle Times article mentioned that this guy denied knowledge of her. If he used to have a sideline in document forgery he probably would however.

FWIW, The attorney Ben Perkins, Jr. died on Feb. 16, 2013. So whatever records or knowledge he had are no longer available.

Interesting note in the comments section about an exotic dancer that vanished in January 1988 after stating that she planned to start over with a new life.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

Here is the comment:

Okay, last shot in the dark (no pun intended)...

My sources say that there was an exotic dancer at the old Night Moves (became Rick's) on Lake City Way N, Seattle stage name Lacey 1985-1987 that fits this woman's M.O. Supposedly she was planning on doing what this Jane Doe eventually did and vanished from the nightclub scene early 1988.

http://www.policeone.com/federal-law-enforcement/articles/17

Phew...​
from a user named: you are kidding me

$5 says she was the stripper that disappeared.

I have been trying to keep up, but there have been 10 pages of activity since the Seattle Times story on Sunday, so I apologize if I am repeating anything already added.

My take on the whole thing is not too complicated. I'm originally from Los Angeles, with a past as well and it is not uncommon for former strippers (or prostitutes, or *advertiser censored* stars) to want to have a fresh start. Especially if there were religious.

Most of the things on the sheet of paper are references to N.Hollywood and Hollywood. I think the work "records" refers to the records dept. of the N.Hollywood Division of LAPD and the phone number listed was probably the number for that department in the 1980's. I think she was doing some modeling. She was 5'10", and with her pretty face, it's very likely. "These Eyes" is probably the name of a photo studio. The telephone number listed there comes back to a studio on Sunset blvd. They probably went by a different name back then. Kathleen Leung is a professional make-up artist. She was probably looking for one to do a photo shoot.

I know it's already been mentioned on here that Ben Perkins was disbarred in 1988, and died last February. His obit was printed in Mississippi and says he was practicing law for 30 years, but not according to the CA State Bar. Could the word "Jackson" be a reference to Perkins hometown (Vicksburg, MS) which is about 40 miles from Jackson, MS? I really believe she had more of a connection to him than he let on. If she were his client, he wouldn't necessarily readily give out any privileged information. I think the IRS investigator is right in suspecting that she used an agent to change her identity, it was all done way too smoothly. However, there is a reference to the library on her notes, so maybe she did do her own research and figured it out herself.

I have been trying to keep up, but there have been 10 pages of activity since the Seattle Times story on Sunday, so I apologize if I am repeating anything already added.

My take on the whole thing is not too complicated. I'm originally from Los Angeles, with a past as well and it is not uncommon for former strippers (or prostitutes, or *advertiser censored* stars) to want to have a fresh start. Especially if there were religious.

Most of the things on the sheet of paper are references to N.Hollywood and Hollywood. I think the work "records" refers to the records dept. of the N.Hollywood Division of LAPD and the phone number listed was probably the number for that department in the 1980's. I think she was doing some modeling. She was 5'10", and with her pretty face, it's very likely. "These Eyes" is probably the name of a photo studio. The telephone number listed there comes back to a studio on Sunset blvd. They probably went by a different name back then. Kathleen Leung is a professional make-up artist. She was probably looking for one to do a photo shoot.

I know it's already been mentioned on here that Ben Perkins was disbarred in 1988, and died last February. His obit was printed in Mississippi and says he was practicing law for 30 years, but not according to the CA State Bar. Could the word "Jackson" be a reference to Perkins hometown (Vicksburg, MS) which is about 40 miles from Jackson, MS? I really believe she had more of a connection to him than he let on. If she were his client, he wouldn't necessarily readily give out any privileged information. I think the IRS investigator is right in suspecting that she used an agent to change her identity, it was all done way too smoothly. However, there is a reference to the library on her notes, so maybe she did do her own research and figured it out herself.

Interestingly.... One of those numbers matches a district court in Mississippi. I am at my kids' music lessons and can't look it up right now, but I believe it started with a 662. Mississippi went from one area code to two in the 2000's, I believe, but I would have to look exactly when. Before that, the entire state was area code 601.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

RSBM
Why she considered a CNA number so important that she kept it written down could be significant. She needed to know who was calling her and from where. But why?

Some brainstorming (more like brainsputtering) on WHY she wanted to know who was calling.

She wanted to complain about charges on her phone bill (unlikely)
She was afraid of the caller. (possible and leads to more WHY's)
She was curious of the caller. (possible and leads to more WHY's)
She was jealous of the caller. (unlikely but possible)

:dunno:

Did Ben Perkins hold records (adoption?) or criminal (belonging to someone she knew)?

RSBM

Some brainstorming (more like brainsputtering) on WHY she wanted to know who was calling.

She wanted to complain about charges on her phone bill (unlikely)
She was afraid of the caller. (possible and leads to more WHY's)
She was curious of the caller. (possible and leads to more WHY's)
She was jealous of the caller. (unlikely but possible)

:dunno:

Did Ben Perkins hold records (adoption?) or criminal (belonging to someone she knew)?

Just keep in mind that most people didn't have caller ID in the 1980's. (It was first introduced in 1988 and that was only in some parts of the country.) So she would have had numbers that she was trying to trace for some other reason. Not because she was afraid of a caller. As for complaining about charges, most people did not have cell phones and incoming calls are not charged to the receiver's phone bill on landlines.

I believe the attorney, Ben Perkins Jr. specialized in bankruptcy - also, he was disbarred in '89. He is mentioned in this article:

"For example, it turns out that one paralegal who helps debtors fill out their petitions is Ben Perkins Jr., a disbarred attorney.

Perkins' work came under sharp criticism at a recent creditors meeting run by Elsie Davis, a veteran trustee with an impatient manner and a sharp tongue who retired last month. "He has never gotten one (filing) right yet," Davis told a couple who had paid Perkins to help fill out their bankruptcy papers.

In a phone interview from his office in Inglewood, Perkins claimed that any mistakes in his filings were minor and called Davis' charges a lie. Perkins was disbarred in 1989 for repeated misconduct and client neglect, including two cases involving bankruptcy, State Bar records show."

It seems extreme for someone facing bankruptcy to steal an identity but... I wonder if she found herself in serious debt (or debt and crime) and this played some part in her identity change?

I searched by attorney name Jennifer Perkins on Dallas County website for felony and misdemeanor cases and there were only 2, one was Laura Y for the same charge of Theft as Lori Kennedy (diff dob) and when I did more searching on Laura Y, she had prostitution charges as well as theft and a few other charges... she was still being arrested under Laura Y until 2003. What are the odds that LEK is not the only "alias identity" that Lori Kennedy/Jane Doe had acquired???

This is interesting. Someone on another site asked why Ben Perkins (the attorney on the scribble sheet) was disbarred. I found this:

In a phone interview from his office in Inglewood, Perkins claimed that any mistakes in his filings were minor and called Davis' charges a lie. Perkins was disbarred in 1989 for repeated misconduct and client neglect, including two cases involving bankruptcy, State Bar records show.

There is a Jennifer Perkins that has been a lawyer in Texas since 1986. She specializes in family law now, but from 1985-1993 she worked for the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office. Her web page says, “Jennifer Perkins has devoted her career to supporting and assisting families through the legal system. As a prosecutor for 7 years, Jennifer was instrumental in the formation of the family violence section of the Dallas County District Attorneys Office. As an Assistant District Attorney Jennifer handled child welfare cases, juvenile criminal cases, in addition to her work with victims of domestic violence.”

I looked at the obit for Ben Perkins, it did not list a Jennifer Perkins as a surviving relative.
http://www.vicksburgpost.com/site/rss/article_f4a85bce-83c6-11e2-a554-001a4bcf6878.html

Looking on LinkedIn, there are several of Jennifer Perkins in Dallas/Ft Worth. Another interesting one with no dates or further information is a Jenny Perkin’s who is listed as a “Telecommunications Expert”

Is it just another weird coincidence that there would be two lawyers with the last name of Perkins on this list?

FWIW, The attorney Ben Perkins, Jr. died on Feb. 16, 2013. So whatever records or knowledge he had are no longer available.

Interesting note in the comments section about an exotic dancer that vanished in January 1988 after stating that she planned to start over with a new life.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

Claire,
Just wondering, Ben Perkins has passed away, why would this mean all his records wouldn't be available? I know, sounds simple, he's not with us anymore therefore, boom, they all got shredded.
I was wondering if perhaps he has a partner in his firm? Hoping the records are not destroyed, has someone checked into that?

Claire,
Just wondering, Ben Perkins has passed away, why would this mean all his records wouldn't be available? I know, sounds simple, he's not with us anymore therefore, boom, they all got shredded.
I was wondering if perhaps he has a partner in his firm? Hoping the records are not destroyed, has someone checked into that?
No partners have been mentioned. I don't know what the rules are in Cal, but generally lawyers only have to keep files for a certain period of time, then they can be discarded. I'd love to take a look at Mr. Perkins files too, but I highly doubt that any remain.

Claire,
There would also be significant issues of attorney-client confidentiality. Obtaining Perkins files would require a Court Order.

There would also be significant issues of attorney-client confidentiality. Obtaining Perkins files would require a Court Order.

~ Yes, obviously this would be and LE/FBI issue to obtain such records. Let's hope they look into it as Perkins may have the answers to who our LEK was.

thx!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back