Laciner

ClaireNC

Reaction score
Do we have any handwriting experts here at WS? The "these eyes" notation looks different from the rest of the handwriting on the page.

It also looks like some of the words on the page were things that she went back to and retraced. "402 months" "records" "CNA" "Laciner" "Today". Are those things that she was obsessing about?

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

Edited: I removed the image because it was blowing out the page margins here on the forum. If anybody knows how to shrink and post it, please do.

LOL Astridxx. I am afraid to do that google search and I'm on my home computer.

One thing that kind of sticks out to me is the word "Laciner" on the page of her notes. Could it be a reference to "Lacey"?

LOL Astridxx. I am afraid to do that google search and I'm on my home computer.

One thing that kind of sticks out to me is the word "Laciner" on the page of her notes. Could it be a reference to "Lacey"?

FYI, "Laciner" (with an accent mark) is apparently a surname in Turkey (and perhaps more widely, depending on its language of origin). There appears to be a prominent pubic figure in Turkey called Sedat Laciner.

It's a strange word/name - never seen it before in any context.

The word "Laciner" has puzzled me. It might be connected to the Sedat Laciner which has been mentioned but that seems too odd (imo). So, I wondered if it might be a misspelled name. Not that there's any connection but I found that there is/was a female T. Lasnier who worked for US West (which was telephone/telecommunications company) in 1990. Still a long-shot that doesn't make sense. (possibly a non-existent connection much like MagnumPE mentioned in previous post but I'm trying to think outside this oddly-shaped box :))

Do we even know when she wrote that page of notes/names/numbers??

The word "Laciner" has puzzled me. It might be connected to the Sedat Laciner which has been mentioned but that seems too odd (imo). So, I wondered if it might be a misspelled name. Not that there's any connection but I found that there is/was a female T. Lasnier who worked for US West (which was telephone/telecommunications company) in 1990. Still a long-shot that doesn't make sense. (possibly a non-existent connection much like MagnumPE mentioned in previous post but I'm trying to think outside this oddly-shaped box :))

Do we even know when she wrote that page of notes/names/numbers??
The only intelligible English word that can be unscrambled from all seven letters in laciner is "Carline".

I just signed up, and am likely not responding in the correct way, but I wanted to make a couple of comments:

The number associated with "These Eyes" googles to Visages production company, as some one earlier pointed out. This link shows 9 productions in 1994. http://notc.com/Content/Spotlights/1994/Whos_Who_In_Music_Video_Prod-10-94.pdf

imdb.com lists the show "Avant-Age" produced by Visages, released in 1988. Here's the imdv bio of the "host" of the show, also listed elsewhere as CEO of Visages.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291589/

I was struck by this: "After high school, she attended DeVry University in Dallas, Texas. Worked as a Freelance Model at the Dallas Apparel Mart while obtaining Bachelors in Electronics Engineering."

DeVry, Dallas, model, engineering.

Probably co-incidental, but wondered if Becky/Lori might have known, auditioned for, worked on a video produced by that company in the 80's?

AnnT
Thanks, another VERY useful lead. No mustard on this sandwich!
Hmmm. Same university as LEK's husband, in a city with a connection to LEK. Hmm.
Sounds like the host needs to be shown a picture of LEK. If we hit the lottery she is a former co-worker or even a roommate. Knowing LEK (and I have come to know her tendencies over some months) it will lead to another false identity. We have yet to find ANYONE who ever saw her before she walked in to DMV that day in Idaho in 1988, and this could be that person. Someone WILL turn up eventually, of course. Scotty did not beam her down.

Does anyone think that "These Eyes" and/or "Laciner" could be passwords of some kind?

No one has mentioned that when I ran "Laciner" through a Scrabble unscrambler (a great tool BTW) and using all letters only got "Carline". A girl's name. Double hmmm and triple hmmm.

Magnum says:
"No one has mentioned that when I ran "Laciner" through a Scrabble unscrambler (a great tool BTW) and using all letters only got "Carline". A girl's name. Double hmmm and triple hmmm."

I also get, weirdly enough, from these letters: L Erica, with N left over. L N Erica. Ellen Erica?

Just a quick note since there's been a lot of discussion about the recommendation letter--the caption on the Seattle Times reproduction of the letter (item #10 here) mentions that it's "almost certainly" forged.

Since I don't see any other mention of it, the phone number beneath the phrase "Laciner" traces back to a Joe's Barbershop in San Fernando CA. However, the investigator mentioned they didn't know when the note was written, so the number could have been owned by someone else beforehand.

This is just a thought that I had sparked by things like the California phone numbers, modeling info, and makeup artist's name (Kathleen Jeung). If someone with a very basic knowledge of French spelling and pronounciation were trying to write the phrase "le ciné", they could easily misspell it "la ciner". Le ciné can mean movie, movie theater, or the film industry in general.

If you spell Laciner as Lassiner ( assuming someone gave her that name over the phone and she wrote misspelled), there is a P. Lassiner in Snohomish as a teacher in an elementary school. Ironically, another of the elementary schools in the same district is named Little Cedars, but I don't know if either of these is a real connection to either LEK or the actual Turner family. Looks like Snohomish is about an hour's drive from Puyallup. A stretch, I know, but thought someone might find dots I can't connect.

FOUND A LACINER CONNECTION!!

There was a Kim Laciner (born 1953) who was living at 3310 Hudnall Street in Dallas;

Lori Erica Kennedy (dob 7/18/69) at one time lived at 3146 Hudnall Street in Dallas.

According to Google Maps...that is a 2minute walk away. http://goo.gl/maps/ocvSA

Now if we can see if they knew each other or lived in the vicinity at the same time.

I can see on Ancestry who she was living with and I presume married to. However the male Laciner person was married to someone else in 1991. Not to Kim.

Currently there is not a person with the last name Laciner with a Texas Drivers License.

Thoughts???

FOUND A LACINER CONNECTION!!

There was a Kim Laciner (born 1953) who was living at 3310 Hudnall Street in Dallas;

Lori Erica Kennedy (dob 7/18/69) at one time lived at 3146 Hudnall Street in Dallas.

According to Google Maps...that is a 2minute walk away. http://goo.gl/maps/ocvSA

Now if we can see if they knew each other or lived in the vicinity at the same time.

I can see on Ancestry who she was living with and I presume married to. However the male Laciner person was married to someone else in 1991. Not to Kim.

Currently there is not a person with the last name Laciner with a Texas Drivers License.

Thoughts???
CINDY!!!I love you more than oxygen itself!!!! However, all we might find is another person who knew LEK but not before she was "born" in that courtroom in 1988. Hopefully it is more. Laciner is such an uncommon name.

CINDY!!!I love you more than oxygen itself!!!! However, all we might find is another person who knew LEK but not before she was "born" in that courtroom in 1988. Hopefully it is more. Laciner is such an uncommon name.

More than O2? Really! Wow that is so sweet! LOL!

Can't find the Kim Laciner after the apparent divorce. She possibly went back to her maiden name or remarried.

What are your suggestions for this lead?

More than O2? Really! Wow that is so sweet! LOL!

Yep, and I like oxygen a lot.

Can't find the Kim Laciner after the apparent divorce. She possibly went back to her maiden name or remarried.

What are your suggestions for this lead?

Well, just hypothetically for a start, here is what I would like to know about this person if I could.
1)When did she live there, was it when LEK lived in the neighborhood?
2)Who lived there with her? Each person could have known LEK.
2)Did she go to university when LEK did - a classmate perhaps?
3)Did she perhaps work with LEK in one of those "places"? There seem to be so many gentlemen in Texas. I know this because they apparently get together and form these "clubs"...
4)I'd really like to see a picture of her. Don't know the propriety of posting it on here so if anyone finds one run it past a moderator please.
5)When did she divorce? Where is her ex now, HE probably did not change his name because of marriage and would presumably be easier to find.
Probably more but I can't think of them at this time.
When we get enough, give it to the agent in charge.

Remember, there is something important enough about this person (or her husband) that her name was kept written down in a locked strongbox.

The onion is peeling, one layer at a time.

Oh...so that is why I cant PM...darn!

I don't really know enough yet anyway...but you are right; after the divorce some went to MA. I am not sure...but I doubt MA has much to do with LEK.

It will help to find out the first wife's maiden name.

And I just sent you a PM, which you apparently won't get! Remember that associated names sometimes are "dragged along" when a person moves, they are not necessarily associated with that new address. Kim Laciner's other name is pretty common.

As far as ethnic background goes, anyone feel that FLEK could have been of Turkish origin?

Is there any way to search for others who lived at the addresses we know LEK to have lived at, and see if any of the dates overlap, so we could ID a roommate, boyfriend, or possibly another name she was using to receive mail at that residence? Chances are, she always had a PO box if there was any correspondence with anyone from her old life, but it couldn't hurt.

The Kim Laciner connection makes me wonder too.... If she was using a broker, could they have given her the name of someone else they had helped so they could be buddies? Just a thought... I was thinking you may not find some of the people on the paper because they are also hiding behind a fake ID.

Is there any way to search for others who lived at the addresses we know LEK to have lived at, and see if any of the dates overlap, so we could ID a roommate, boyfriend, or possibly another name she was using to receive mail at that residence? Chances are, she always had a PO box if there was any correspondence with anyone from her old life, but it couldn't hurt.

The Kim Laciner connection makes me wonder too.... If she was using a broker, could they have given her the name of someone else they had helped so they could be buddies? Just a thought... I was thinking you may not find some of the people on the paper because they are also hiding behind a fake ID.

I don't know but I will try to find out if there's a way to get this information.

Where Kim and LRC roommates? Do you have evidence they lived together?

It appeared to me that Kim was out of the picture when LRC came along.

I am still trying to sort out who went where, when... But seems K also moved to MA. Weird that an ex wife would move there as well. My original idea was that she was a sister.

To put a little mustard on the sandwich, I DID notice the number on the scratch sheet began with 818 while the laciner number in tx was 718 and the second three digits on the sheet were 356 while the laciner number in tx was 365. Feel free to ignore this tidbit :)

What makes you think K changed her name? I looked at this, but the other person who is listed with K and A was LRC who married A in 1991.

Were you guys thinking that K changed her name to LRC? Sorry...trying to catch up from last night :)

Dallas County records show K Laciner Divorced A in July 24 1981 probably went back to her maiden name or remarried but in another county maybe...I can send a link via personal message if anyone has trouble finding it- very uncommon name, I still think she knew the girl or maybe was the girl... it meant enough to be on her paper

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back