Lori's Occupations

astridxx

Reaction score
She was religious but she was an exotic dancer at one point??

I am glad to see the news finally picking this story up. And the fact that they believe she is older than she claimed to be is interesting because I have always thought so. According to the birthdate she was using, she and I would be the same age, but she looks quite a bit older. Then again, lifestyle factors and sun exposure could make her look older than she really is.

I wish they would profile her story on one of the really popular TV shows, such as Nancy Grace, because lots of people watch those shows and somebody might come forward who remembers her from way back. The botched nose job could be throwing people off, but I think the younger photo of her would be far more recognizable as her nose doesn't look quite so unnatural in that photo. I'm thinking she probably had a low budget for plastic surgery when she got the nose job and went to somebody who was not a good plastic surgeon. I don't remember if the article said when they thought she had the breast implants done but she may have been able by that time to afford a better surgeon. I'm surprised she didn't have someone redo the nose job but she may have consulted a surgeon about it and there may have been too much tissue removal from the previous surgery for a good revision of it. I wonder if the breast implants were used to further hide her identity or just for appearance. One person who claimed to have known her in the 90s says she was a dancer, so she may have obtained the implants for that purpose.

I sure wish they hadn't cremated her. We might have been able to find out more otherwise.

Here is the comment:

Okay, last shot in the dark (no pun intended)...

My sources say that there was an exotic dancer at the old Night Moves (became Rick's) on Lake City Way N, Seattle stage name Lacey 1985-1987 that fits this woman's M.O. Supposedly she was planning on doing what this Jane Doe eventually did and vanished from the nightclub scene early 1988.

http://www.policeone.com/federal-law-enforcement/articles/17

Phew...​
from a user named: you are kidding me

$5 says she was the stripper that disappeared.

They updated the comment to say it was deja vu club, that she was 5'10, dark hair, hazel /brown eyes. That HAS to be a little too convenient, right???? If true, this is a great lead!

Just a comment.

I've found our (WS sleuthing) info to be interesting, and even more interesting are some of the comments to the Seattle Times article. But, I wonder if Mr. Velling now has "substantial" leads that he didn't have before June 23rd?

If Lori was the exotic dancer who wanted to change her identity... maybe someone did actually recognize her?

They updated the comment to say it was deja vu club, that she was 5'10, dark hair, hazel /brown eyes. That HAS to be a little too convenient, right???? If true, this is a great lead!

Updated:

Correction: Exotic dancer "Lacey", dark hair, hazel/brown eyes, ~ 5'10 (6'+ in heels), slender, worked at the Deja Vu exotic dancer club between 145th St N and Lake City Way, Seattle WA (not Rick's) from ~ 1985-1987 then "vanished" ~ New Years Day 1988.​

same user: you have to be kidding

here is the article referenced: http://www.policeone.com/federal-la...00906-Cops-and-feds-raid-Seattle-strip-clubs/

I am glad to see the news finally picking this story up. And the fact that they believe she is older than she claimed to be is interesting because I have always thought so. According to the birthdate she was using, she and I would be the same age, but she looks quite a bit older. Then again, lifestyle factors and sun exposure could make her look older than she really is.

I wish they would profile her story on one of the really popular TV shows, such as Nancy Grace, because lots of people watch those shows and somebody might come forward who remembers her from way back. The botched nose job could be throwing people off, but I think the younger photo of her would be far more recognizable as her nose doesn't look quite so unnatural in that photo. I'm thinking she probably had a low budget for plastic surgery when she got the nose job and went to somebody who was not a good plastic surgeon. I don't remember if the article said when they thought she had the breast implants done but she may have been able by that time to afford a better surgeon. I'm surprised she didn't have someone redo the nose job but she may have consulted a surgeon about it and there may have been too much tissue removal from the previous surgery for a good revision of it. I wonder if the breast implants were used to further hide her identity or just for appearance. One person who claimed to have known her in the 90s says she was a dancer, so she may have obtained the implants for that purpose.

I sure wish they hadn't cremated her. We might have been able to find out more otherwise.

This most definitely has the makings of a great Dateline or 20/20 story!

Does anyone have a link to the Exotic Dancer Lacey that was mentioned? The linke provided doesn't come up?

Does anyone have a link to the Exotic Dancer Lacey that was mentioned? The linke provided doesn't come up?

There was never a link to any news story about a missing stripper named Lacey -- only comments from a user that posted in the comment section of the original article. The article posted is one from 2008 about how SPD shut down 4-5 strip clubs in Seattle for prostitution.

New things learned in the Fox article:
* Claimed bulimia in 1990
* Breast implants in 1991
* Had gene associated with coronary artery disease ( I wonder if they could tell if she had on of the syndromes like Marfans from that?)
* Claimed she was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died
* Former BF said she had tons of problems ( I wonder what they were)
* Was a dancer while in school (that kind of crosses out changing her name to get away from the lifestyle, eh?)

Are there more papers with articles? This one had some differing info from the ST.

reasonablequess said:
Bulimia would explain her messed up teeth and possible veneers (unproven at this point, but suspected based on photos), as well as significant weight changes.

People with bulimia tend to maintain their weight. Anorexics are the ones who look like skeletons.

More info: Henry Lee Harbison was acquainted with Franklin Delano Floyd who is a known criminal and who kidnapped, molested, and lived with Sharon Marshall. He passed Sharon off as his daughter and then later married her under different alias in New Orleans. Story/timeline here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1433107&postcount=4

I think at one time they tested DNA to see if Sheri Lynn was Sharon Marshall. It was not her...and they don't know where Sharon Marshall came from. Sharon Marshall and Sheri Lynn may have had similar childhoods with abuse and molestation.

The family of Freda Denman says that Henry Harbison and his Church of the New Songs gang were experts at FORGERY!

I am thinking the little girl known as Sheri Lynn Johnson had a bad life with the criminals and finally escaped maybe after her dad died and started a new identity. She may have learned how to create ID's and forge documents during her ordeal.

Lori Kennedy was a stripper/dancer...so was Sharon Marshall who had to live with Franklin Floyd before she was killed.

Is Lori Kennedy Ruff = Sheri Lynn Johnson??

Thank you for that.

i will add that I just stumbled upon this case today due to a link on FB. I read about her possibly having been a dancer, anyone know where that came from?

Also they remarked about her hands. i'm wondering if she has a missing persons out there and it speaks about her hands? identifying marks possibly? Or was she simply worried about her finger prints?

Sounds like a psychotic break but it mentions she might have been medicated for ADD. She was acting like she was on speed as well.

she said she had been a hand model at one point (can we believe it?) they are definitely very long and noticeable ...

There are actually two parts to the dancer info. One is a stripper named Lacey that was mentioned in the comments of the ST article, that we are not really supposed to delve into on here, but she was apparently missing after 1988 and said she was going to start a new life.

The MSM stripper info is that one of the references on her student loan application was a male who went to school with her and briefly dated her in TX. He said she was a dancer and had more problems than he could handle. He would have only known her as Lori.

Thanks for joining in, astrokitty! :)

Here's a question:
What dental work did she have?
Extensive?
Minimal?
Did she have a small pox vaccination scar?
when were her implants put in?
Was her surgery done in the states?

How sure are we that she danced in dallas?
I'll answer a few and then have one for you AK! :)
Dental records are not known ( maybe Mr V has not gotten them from family yet). Dentals were not done at death. (DNA came from morgue samples)
Implants were done in 1991 - no serials as she was cremated. He did not say where they were done
Dancer info came from her ex/reference (vague)

Question:
Do you have any idea what clubs would have been in operation in the early to mid nineties in Dallas? I have no idea how to follow that lead, but it is worth a shot..

I'll answer a few and then have one for you AK! :)
Dental records are not known ( maybe Mr V has not gotten them from family yet). Dentals were not done at death. (DNA came from morgue samples)
Implants were done in 1991 - no serials as she was cremated. He did not say where they were done
Dancer info came from her ex/reference (vague)

Question:
Do you have any idea what clubs would have been in operation in the early to mid nineties in Dallas? I have no idea how to follow that lead, but it is worth a shot..

Thank you! The autopsy should have recorded the serial #'s. I'm guessing these were silicone. She had them for a long time then, which is shocking because the reason everyone had to get saline is due to the many cancer patients that had silicone. Silicone just became FDA approved a few years ago.

If she got them in the 90's then I'm assuming she danced in the 90's. I danced in the 90's in Dallas, Vegas, San Fran and Austin (as far as out west is concerned. i lived in NYC). The heavy money was at the Lodge. Anyone who made the list had to meet weight requirements and they definitely sided with the taller, lankier girls. I think BabyDolls was there then and definitely the mens club. I want to say Ricks Cabaret used to be there but I could be wrong. I know I'm right about the Lodge, Baby Dolls and Mens club - I worked at all 3 but Lodge was where the money and great clients were. Your avg night in 1996 take home (after house fees) ranged from 800 -2 grand. easy easy money. It rivaled Vegas at that time (you also have to have a license there) and NYC.

She also could have had an illegal abortion(s) during her dancer/stripper life thus leading to future fertility issues.

She also could have had an illegal abortion(s) during her dancer/stripper life thus leading to future fertility issues.

very true or her life prior to being a stripper ;) But if she would have had an abortion it could have mentally upset her enough to also go towards religion to seek forgiveness. another case in point is Bulimia screws with abilities to not only get pregnant but often stay that way. Same with ana. Your body goes through too much stress and your cycles go haywire.

Then to go back to a possible diagnosis of Marfan which again - sometimes leads to fertility issues. If she DOES or did have that, there is genetic testing which is what actually diagnosis it.

Hi all, first post.

I found LEK's consulting business, domain, emails (a few).
She was very active as a mystery shopping head hunter on various forums. It also appears that she leveraged her potential clients for spam.

Is that data of any value? I don't think it is going to pan out to anything that will tell us who she was. I was also looking for where she mixed business with pleasure. I was looking for hobbies, vices, etc which might have carried over, but I found nothing.

but that leads me to my next question:

what happened to her computer?

She was an advanced computer user. Her computer is a gold mine. Even after a few years, there should still be something salvageable off the drives. Worst case if they repurposed the machine, a few thousand dollars for a lab to extract her older files.

Lastly: Bookman found "how to find missing persons" from Loompanics.
That same publisher has a "How to completely disappear" book written around that time period. It teaches you from the ground up how to disappear. The book also goes over various successful and unsuccessful scenarios to help the learner get in the right mindset. It really appears like she is following this book to the letter in her tactics so far. I need to finish reading it. I am hoping that by learning her tactics, I can reverse engineer her strategy.

For example, one of the first things the book teaches is to consider "psuedocide" as an option. Basically, if you aren't in legal/crime trouble, then this is a good way to throw people off your tracks. It is worth looking into..but what a needle in a haystack. Women of roughly her age who died in 1988 & 1989 with the body not being recovered.

I will finish the book and see if there is something that will lead to a smaller list than the above.

The book is interesting. The tactics of the 1980s are pretty much useless in the 2000s. The fact that she saved her disappearance notes appears to me like a safety blanket.
I wonder if the loss of her go-to tactics added to the mental stress. She was a smart cookie to use many different names/usernames back then..but I imagine she felt like she
was losing her grip on how to control her anonymity. The slip up with reusing the resume email is a good example.

thanks for your time :)

I'm thinking if she was a runaway, and got into dancing/stripping, that being younger would be better. She met someone through this lifestyle that helped her with the identity theft. Much better to be a 18, 19, 20 year old dancer than pushing 30?

I'm thinking if she was a runaway, and got into dancing/stripping, that being younger would be better. She met someone through this lifestyle that helped her with the identity theft. Much better to be a 18, 19, 20 year old dancer than pushing 30?

That's a really good point. The reason they thought she was older is because she had so much trouble conceiving and I think (and they might, too) that her later pictures appear to be a woman around 50 as opposed to a woman who is in her late 30s or early 40s.

QHOTE:
Apologies in advance if this was already discussed, but have people considered that LEKR's mystery shopping business was a scam? I'm assuming if LE looked at her computer, they would have checked this, or there would have been complaints about her. (All I can find is a message board posting from 2004 where someone complains that "An Eye For Detail" appears to be a vanity site and just produces spam.)

I suspect LEK was legit in this sense, but imagine if she was up to stuff like this?

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0053-mystery-shopper-scams

I ask because I've always thought her new identity was just a way out of an old life (even if that old life had a criminal element)... but maybe she was running other scams than just her ID.

I considered this as well when I read about it and looked at her site. As I scrolled down her website, it seemed she was always looking for females in certain age groups for things. I am not familiar with this mystery shopper stuff, and although I realize most shoppers are women, I just thought that there could be something nefarious about that, particularly, when many posts indicated that they had to provide their addresses and phone numbers. Her past is so unknown and mysterious that this could have been a conduit for anything from spam, to fraud, to human trafficking.

Here's another nefarious thing that has crossed my mind that has no basis in fact whatsoever. However, all the discussions about her age and ability or inability to have a baby, etc.. have gotten me thinking.... Well, I see so many cases on the news where women fake that they are pregnant. Not all of those cases end in tragedy, but there have been some pretty bad ones where babies of other women are taken after the nine months is about up for the faker. Sometimes, pregnant women have been killed for their babies, or babies are just snatched. This whole case is just so weird that I am just very curious as to how much is known about the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy and delivery of the baby and whether the baby was born at home. Now, I can't remember if there were any postings looking for pregnant women for any studies she was advertising and I don't have time to look back right now, but it is interesting.

Maybe this is a strange thing to think, but this case is just so weird that nothing would surprise me, particularly where there may have been some mental illness involved. I pray that baby was born in the hospital to this woman and that my imagination is way out of whack.

And just so you all don't think I'm totally nuts, I live in Ohio where we had a similar thing happen like the following bizarre story from New Mexico, and I've seen other stories like this too: http://crime.about.com/od/women/a/Darcie_Pierce.htm

And regarding the post that LEK looks very different in the picture holding the baby than all the other ones, I agree. The eyes are very different in addition to the teeth. I've also been looking at all the ears in the pictures. Her ears don't show in that one, but I'm not sure the ears are all the same in the others either. I think the ceramic piece that someone noted may be due to a "plate" I believe someone said she has. Perhaps not all her front teeth are real. If so... poor dental care throughout life? or, were they knocked out somehow? Just can't explain why her nose looks so different from time to time or why her eyes do in that one picture. I did read that with Marfan's, it affects vision and I do recall someone stating that she had vision problems. But would it make her eyes look so big in that picture with the baby, and more sunken?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back