• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As soon as the jury gets the case we will open this thread.

Feel free to post your opinion as to why you voted the way you did but please keep in mind our Terms of Service.

Basically no name calling, no personal attacks, and don't act like a jerk and you will be just fine :)

Thank you all for keeping this discussion calm and very interesting.

I voted MANSLAUGHTER because that is what I THINK the verdict will be. However, it is not necessarily what I WANT the verdict to be.

I feel he is not guilty of any crime, but jury will be hung.

Not Guilty is my verdict. I believe GZ acted in self defense, and I believe his apparent injuries show proof of a physical altercation that preceded the shot from his firearm. I also believe that he was NOT attacked by a tree branch.

I voted gulity murder 2: ill will hatred and spite proven. IMO

Not guilty......no guilt was proven.

While I believe that the verdict should be 'not guilty' I am concerned that the jury might come back with Manslaughter. JMO

:twocents: I think the verdict will be either Manslaughter or Hung ...

In My Opinion ... I think the jury should come back with a NOT GUILTY VERDICT ...

But I don't think that is going to happen ...

JMO ... but I just don't trust juries ...

:moo:

Not guilty. The prosecution didn't prove the case.

I believe that the prosecutor did not prove the case against GZ so not guilty but I voted that I think it will be a hung jury. There are just too many (sadly) impacting variables (which do not belong but do nevertheless) that are going on that I fear the jury will not be able to agree.
(IMO)

not guilty..... but I really can't say how the jury will vote.

Guilty Murder in the 2nd degree:
Trayvon is dead.
Caused by a criminal act. (Pointing and firing a firearm)
The shooting was unlawful, was known to cause imminent Danger
Demonstrated a depraved mind with disregard for human life.

23ba7dd126295332f6930c5a999545d5_zps5659ec48.jpg

I voted manslaughter because that is what I think this case represents-I will not be surprised to see a NG verdict.

I go back and forth between guilty of murder 2 and guilty of manslaughter. I think the jury will go with manslaughter. I do not think it should be legal to kill a man, or a boy, because he punched you in the nose. This is my opinion.

Went with NG because I have faith the jury will remove emotion and look at the facts and evidence. I would not be surprised by a hung jury or manslaughter though. A 2nd degree murder conviction is akin to the NG verdict in the CA trial IMO.

I voted not guilty. The state did not meet their burden. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if manslaughter is returned out of emotion. It's close to 50/50 in my mind what the jury will do.

:twocents:

Edited to add my prediction of verdict time. Saturday 3:17 pm.

Manslaughter was my vote as I think it was proven. NG is what I am afraid will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member