The BBC wants to interview Bob Marley

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Che BBC asked to interview Bob Marley for a documentary - despite the fact he died in 1981.

They sent the Bob Marley Foundation an email saying it would involve him :laugh: "spending one or two days with us".

The BBC wanted the world famous reggae star's contribution for an hour-long show on his hit single No Woman, No Cry.

The email said the story "would only work with some participation from Bob Marley himself".

It added filming was pencilled in for June, July and August, but "our schedule is flexible".

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1340529.html?menu=

Casshew said:
Che BBC asked to interview Bob Marley for a documentary - despite the fact he died in 1981.

They sent the Bob Marley Foundation an email saying it would involve him :laugh: "spending one or two days with us".

The BBC wanted the world famous reggae star's contribution for an hour-long show on his hit single No Woman, No Cry.

The email said the story "would only work with some participation from Bob Marley himself".

It added filming was pencilled in for June, July and August, but "our schedule is flexible".

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1340529.html?menu=

Cass,
I would LOVE to see the updates on this one!

I sure miss Bob :(

Bob was with Elvis at the Blues Lounge in Hollywood the other night. I understand now that they're over at Marilyn Monroes' house smokin' big dubbies! :doh:

I think even my 5 year old knows Bob is dead. :rolleyes:

Can you believe the BBC would make a mistake like this? :hand::laugh::doh:

blueclouds said:
Bob was with Elvis at the Blues Lounge in Hollywood the other night. I understand now that they're over at Marilyn Monroes' house smokin' big dubbies! :doh:

I think even my 5 year old knows Bob is dead. :rolleyes:

blueclouds,
didn't you know that ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

And it is
D-O-O-B-I-E-S. :dance:

LOLLLL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bhodirasta said:
blueclouds,

LOLLLL

BHOD: and you KNOW how to spell it because??????? :waitasec: :crazy: :crazy:

Bhodirasta said:
blueclouds,
didn't you know that ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

And it is

LOLLLL

hi bhod! bob's been jammin with the Dead for awhile now, and isn't it spelled s-p-l-i-f-f ?

With all due respect to Marley, I actually got an education from some of his songs IE: Buffalo Soldier. Never knew what they were until I heard about it from Bob. I miss him.

blueclouds said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BHOD: and you KNOW how to spell it because??????? :waitasec: :crazy: :crazy:

Hi blue,
even people who have never smoked the stuff know how to spell it yah know...

Think DOOBIE brothers...

I am not saying anything more... LOL

(and no, I aint no weed head contrary to what some people around here think! LOL)
- and the funniest part is that people think I am a weed head because of my NAME! LOL that part is funny. blueclouds- are you a weedhead too because you live in the clouds? LOL

Lex,
yes it is called a spliff (although I am not really sure what that means- REALLY) but I think it might be the same as a BLUNT. LOL

Easy Skankin'

Excuse me while I light my spliff
Oh GOD I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

Tell you what herb for my wine
Honey for my strong drink
Herb for my wine, honey for my strong drink

I'll take it easy, taking it easy
Take it easy, skanking it slow
Take it easy, taking it easy
Take it easy, skanking it slow
tehh hehhh
Yah,
tha rasta man doesn't drink... his herb is tha ganga man

My favourite song by Bob-

WAR

Until the philosophy which hold one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there are no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally
Guaranteed to all, without regard to race
Dis a war

That until that day
The dream of lasting peace, world citizenship
Rule of international morality
Will remain in but a fleeting illusion
To be persued, but never attained
Now everywhere is war, war
See, Bob is my man because of his philosophical points of veiw. He was a wise man, a sort of peaceful revolutionary... And my name is in tribute to Bob. I was hoping they found him when I saw this thread! LOL

Never heard of Bob Marley, didnt know he had ever lived, let alone died.

Timex said:
Never heard of Bob Marley, didnt know he had ever lived, let alone died.

Well Timex,
Not sure what to say.
He didn't have a mullet, he had VERY LONG dreadlocks later in life.

He was a peaceful rasta man that sought equality.
Did you know that only about 10 percent of Jamaicans ever get off the island? He was one of them.
Bob died of brain cancer that started in his big toe...

Marley, who died at the age of 36 of brain cancer in 1981, is considered by many to be one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. Most critics agree that no other musician has single-handedly held such sway over a music genre the way Marley did with reggae.

"He was a master poet for the ages," said Roger Steffens, a reggae historian based in Los Angeles. "Marley is still responsible for 50 percent of all reggae music sold in the United States. That would be like Elvis selling 50 percent of rock and roll. It's just not going to happen."

Bob Marley, who was born Robert Nesta Marley, grew up dirt poor on the streets of Kingston, Jamaica.

Much of his music aims to lift up the impoverished and powerless, and anthems like "Get Up Stand Up" and "I Shot the Sheriff" carry a strong antiauthoritarian streak.

At the heart of the faith is the Rastafarians' belief that the smoking of cannabis (including marijuana and hashish) enjoys biblical sanction and aids meditation and spiritual awakening. The wearing of dreadlocks—hair that is matted into ropelike strands—is also closely associated with the movement.

One of its tenets, "I and I," is a complex term that refers to the oneness of Jah (God) and every human. According to the faith, God is in all of us, and we are in fact one people.

http://news.ngeo.com/news/2005/02/0204_050204_bob_marley.html

Wow Timex, you probably have heard his songs - just not realized who the artist was

B0000A9D2K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

he is a great musician/singer, I have several CD's and love to put them on - they make you feel like you are in the caribbean :)

If he didnt have a song on CMT, I doubt Ive heard his music. I rarely listen to the radio, even when in the car. Mostly play CD's.

Timex said:
If he didnt have a song on CMT, I doubt Ive heard his music. I rarely listen to the radio, even when in the car. Mostly play CD's.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy?

Timex said:
Well I'll be dipped in snuff
And rolled in caramel & sprinkled with nuts. See, I knew you had to have heard of him somehow. :dance:

However, he can't currently be interviewed LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back