GUILTY GA - Joshua Chellew, 36, brutally murdered, Mableton, 30 June 2013

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
Where is the rioting and outrage for this crime? How can they say this wasn't racially motivated?? I found out about this thru social media.... You don't hear about ths crime on the news.

The brutal assault of a Mableton man has become a national story, at least on-line, with some web sites and blogs declaring Joshua Chellew was killed because he was white.
Initially reported as a hit-and-run, police now say Chellew died June 30 after an attack by four black teenagers at a Cobb County gas station.
According to the arrest warrant, the 36-year-old victim was repeatedly punched and kicked by the youths outside a Chevron gas station. Chellew, who was badly beaten, eventually stumbled onto Mableton Parkway, where he was run over. He died at Grady Memorial Hospital.
Witnesses told police that the four suspects made no attempt to aid Chellew or stop the approaching vehicle that ran over him. The driver of that car was not charged, said Cobb Police Sgt. Dana Pierce.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-mableton-fatal-assault-not-racially-motivat/nYpGG/

More at link.....

Reactions: byo
from your link georgiagirl

According to the warrant, Chellew flashed blue colors and claimed allegiance to the “Crips” street gang. Three of the suspects were dressed in red, the colors affiliated with the “Crips” longtime rival, the “Bloods.” The exchange was captured on the station’s surveillance cameras.

i jmo accept it as gang related not racial moo

from your link georgiagirl

According to the warrant, Chellew flashed blue colors and claimed allegiance to the “Crips” street gang. Three of the suspects were dressed in red, the colors affiliated with the “Crips” longtime rival, the “Bloods.” The exchange was captured on the station’s surveillance cameras.

i jmo accept it as gang related not racial moo

I was being sarcastic about the racial thing. Hate crimes don't apply to white males regardless of the circumstances.

I was being sarcastic about the racial thing. Hate crimes don't apply to white males regardless of the circumstances.

Wow. A quick google search will give you a list of white men and their loved ones who would beg to differ.

Prosecutors have their job cut out for them though, because an unfortunate event like this will send race-baiting behavior off the scale.

RIP Joshua

I wonder if the man really was a crip or just flashing colors for some reason. Of course, it has to be the politicians making a big deal for their cause. At least the teens were caught and will pay for causing the man to be run over.

This worries me. Why is there no media coverage? Is the gang info real or just a defense stradegy, or a way to say it was not race related if it was? I was trying to find more about gangs, etc since I know nothing. Are ther really 35 yr old men in gangs? Throwing signs or colors? And why would he do that four on one?
I did find an article where his aunt speaks about him. Her description makes him sound like a regular joe, nice guy. What is the real story?
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/297683/3/Smyrna-man-beaten-and-shoved-to-his-death-in-traffic

give a listen to San Diego scanner or many places, people do go around flashing colors looking for trouble. theres also wanna be gang bangers, and sometimes you just wear the wrong color shirt, in the wrong place, and you are not even in a gang., it can turn out badly.
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6740

This worries me. Why is there no media coverage? Is the gang info real or just a defense stradegy, or a way to say it was not race related if it was? I was trying to find more about gangs, etc since I know nothing. Are ther really 35 yr old men in gangs? Throwing signs or colors? And why would he do that four on one?
I did find an article where his aunt speaks about him. Her description makes him sound like a regular joe, nice guy. What is the real story?
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/297683/3/Smyrna-man-beaten-and-shoved-to-his-death-in-traffic

Yoda, I was wondering the same thing about the age of the victim. I always thought of gang members as being under the age of 25.... There is something very strange about this case. IMO

I don't buy the light flashing story either. Why would he would go flash colors considering he was alone and outnumbered? And what do they even mean by "flashing colors?" Was he wearing a blue shirt or something?

I don't buy the light flashing story either. Why would he would go flash colors considering he was alone and outnumbered? And what do they even mean by "flashing colors?" Was he wearing a blue shirt or something?

Maybe he wasn't very smart? Maybe he wasn't in a gang at all--maybe he was just pretending to himself-a fantasy. Perhaps he thought it would be cool and funny, or maybe he wanted acceptance.

Georgiagirl you are right- the race-baiters and white supremacists come out of the woodwork on a case like this, crying about no justice for the White Man. There are plenty of cases, however, where a hate crime has been charged regarding a white victim.

Having worked with a gang suppression unit, I can tell you that "flashing colors" can mean anything from draping a bandana of the gangs' colors from your back pocket to wearing clothes associated with a sports' team the gang associates with. This poor guy may have just been wearing a hat or jersey of a team the gang associates with. You don't have to actually "do" anything to flash colors...just wear them.

From September 2014:

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...--Three-young-men-sentenced-in-beating-death?

Three young men convicted of murder in the death of a Mableton man received life sentences Monday.

Cobb Superior Court Judge Adele Grubbs sentenced Johnathan Anthony, 19, and Jekari Strozier, 21, to life plus 15 years to serve consecutively — to be followed by 30 years on probation — after being found guilty on murder and gang-related charges in the death of 36-year-old Joshua Chellew.

The third defendant, 20-year-old Antonio Pass, received a life sentence plus 15 years on probation.

Yoda, I was wondering the same thing about the age of the victim. I always thought of gang members as being under the age of 25.... There is something very strange about this case. IMO

Hi, I just wanted to chime in. Josh was one of our best friends and former roommate. He wasn't in a gang but had been drinking and flashed the blue colors just sorta poking fun like "yo, I'm
In a gang!" Not smart, I know. He was a great guy. Didn't always think before he spoke/acted. He said and did whatever came to his mind. I have a lot of fun silly memories of him. He had a very loving heart and we miss him so.

Reactions: byo
Hi, I just wanted to chime in. Josh was one of our best friends and former roommate. He wasn't in a gang but had been drinking and flashed the blue colors just sorta poking fun like "yo, I'm
In a gang!" Not smart, I know. He was a great guy. Didn't always think before he spoke/acted. He said and did whatever came to his mind. I have a lot of fun silly memories of him. He had a very loving heart and we miss him so.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Hang on to those happy memories. May Joshua rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back