OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

summer_breeze

Reaction score
katelyn-markham.jpg

Katelyn Markham, 22, of Fairfield, Ohio was last seen by her fiancee the night of August 13, 2011. A $25,000 reward has been offered for information about Markham's disappearance. Her remains were found on April 7, 2013 near Cedar Grove, Indiana.

Previous Threads:

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Located Forum Media Links for Katelyn Markham

Last edited by a moderator:
Review the rules of our forum before posting: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

If you are talking about the May photo that John's aunt posted of he and Katelyn, I'm having a hard time figuring which comments you are finding interesting.

If you are talking about the May photo that John's aunt posted of he and Katelyn, I'm having a hard time figuring which comments you are finding interesting.

Click On that photo.It's not the May comments, but the June comments that will show up when you Click On that photo.

Click On that photo.It's not the May comments, but the June comments that will show up when you Click On that photo.

OK, gotcha. She has been posting on the other page as well, think she might be slightly unbalanced, to say the least.
If there was any truth to what she says this case would have been solved months ago. She was posting that kind of stuff for a long, long time.

In the previous thread, Lizabetta said:

I live in the neighborhood Katelyn did. Katelyn's townhouse is visible from River Road, the street that runs past it. It's also right across the street from a busy gas station. Many of the people at the festival would have driven past her home, including people who weren't regularly in that area. If she stepped outside for a moment for any reason--to smoke, take out trash--and the wrong person was passing by...

Having seen the townhouse, I think if she stepped out for a reason like that, it would have been out the back, which is a quiet enclosed parking lot. That's where the trash cans are, a table and chairs, and it also seems to be the door through which she primarily came and went since her car was parked there. She wouldn't have been visible from the road if she stepped out the logical/usual door.

Also, her next door neighbors were home and awake after midnight, which is when her fiance said he left her safe and sound (her phone went dead around 12:45 am), and they heard no struggle or commotion.

Having seen the townhouse, I think if she stepped out for a reason like that, it would have been out the back, which is a quiet enclosed parking lot. That's where the trash cans are, a table and chairs, and it also seems to be the door through which she primarily came and went since her car was parked there. She wouldn't have been visible from the road if she stepped out the logical/usual door.

Also, her next door neighbors were home and awake after midnight, which is when her fiance said he left her safe and sound (her phone went dead around 12:45 am), and they heard no struggle or commotion.

The back area is viewable from River. There's wooden fencing on the side but a chain-link fence facing the road. Maybe it has changed in the time since Katelyn went missing, but I drive past there every day and right now, you can see in. I'll try to snap a picture the next time I go by.

I don't think it was a stranger crime/crime of opportunity, but it's not beyond the realm of possibilities.

I was there about 10 days ago, and you can see into the back parking lot from River, though I don't know how well you can see into her particular patio area. But I was thinking less of visibility and more of the physical feasibility and/or likelihood of someone driving by and abducting her, given the layout.

If she stepped out the back, someone would have to first notice her (it was nighttime), then drive into her complex and go all the way back to her unit, then grab her without the nearby neighbors hearing or seeing anything. If she stepped out the front, she wouldn't be near the road then either, unless she walked down the lawn to the sidewalk for some reason.

Nothing's impossible, for sure. It just strikes me as an unlikely spot to choose for a stranger bent on abducting a woman.

Pics might be good so folks can see how her home was laid out. There may be some photos on this thread already, but I don't remember... sadly, it's been so long now. :(

i still can't believe there has been no news on katelyn's case since they transferred her remains to ohio a month ago.

we are coming up on 2 years since she was taken, please let there be some progress toward justice for her family soon!

i saw that article/video this morning. i really feel for DM!

So dad has just now been given a polygraph since jurisdiction has changed to Indiana. Makes me sure that John was also given one or will be in the near future. I have been hinky of his story since the get go. Would love to know the results of that. I pray the new eyes on Katelyn's case leads to answers and ultimately Justice!!!

Here, Here Breazy! Justice for Katelyn!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back