Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
PLEASE KEEP CHECKING BACK TO SEE IF THE THREAD IS OPEN. AS SOON AS WE HAVE ENOUGH MOD POWER WE WILL OPEN IT. THANK YOU.

Dear Websleuths Members,

We will do our best to keep this Verdict Watch thread open over the weekend while the jury is out.

Whether it stays open or not depends on two things:

1- If we have the mod power to keep the thread open

2- the behavior of the posters.

Please remember we do not allow name calling of ANYONE.

You must be respectful of your fellow posters.

No personal attacks. This includes sarcastic remarks directed at other posters.

This is not a race discussion thread. It is about the trial of George Zimmerman and the verdict watch.

This is not the place to discuss allegations against the Department of Justice.

The best way to remember our terms of service is just don't be a jerk and you'll be fine

Please check back in Saturday July 13 and see if the thread is open.

We will open in our Poll Thread at the same time located[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215840"] HERE[/ame]

Thank you for your participation.

Tricia

Hey guys. :)

Just want to update so y'all will be aware.

Verdict watch threads are by nature volatile threads. Everyone is anxious and the waiting only exacerbates that. We are mod short this morning and this thread will need full coverage. We will probably be able to open it in a couple of hours.

I AM tuned to HLN and keeping a close eye on the coverage. I promise to stop whatever is going on and open this thread if/when they announce that a verdict has been reached.

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding.

Okay, mods Fran, Harmony & ColdPizza to the rescue. :bowdown: :blowkiss:

Be nice to them and discuss civil & respectful. If this discussion gets bad I'm locking it back up.

Thank you mods! I'm going to be on my best behaviour today. I am so grateful for Websleuths. :)

Justice for Zimmerman. Prayers for this jury to get it right!

Supporters for both sides are outside of courthouse protesting. No incidents of unrest.

Good news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex Police Chief, Bill Lee's testimony lasted about 15 minutes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfNZj6Ys6cg"]Bill Lee - 7/8/2013 - Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Trial - YouTube[/ame]

He had far more he could have testified to in order to explain the railroading of George Zimmerman. He wasn't allowed to tell the jury that he objected to having the Martin family listen to the 911 tape as a group. In normal police investigations, each person would be brought in individually, and they would have been played tapes of 6 different individuals, and then pick out which voice they recognized. Just like they show witnesses 6 different pictures in a lineup and ask them to pick out the person they saw in the commission of a crime. The city manager and the mayor took this out of police hands, and ran with it. When asked by the defense if the city manager normally conducted police investigations, or fought fires for the fire department, the answer (of course) was, NO!
Too bad the judge wouldn't allow him to prove there was no evidence to arrest Zimmerman, and to show that his civil rights were ignored at the urging of political forces.

Mr Lee spoke with CNN yesterday . Here is a portion of what he had to say.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."
When Sanford police arrived on the scene on February 26, 2012, after Zimmerman fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, they conducted a "sound" investigation, and the evidence provided no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman at the scene, he said.

It had nothing to do with Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law, he said; from an investigative standpoint, it was purely a matter of self-defense.
Here's the rest of the article.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive/index.html

I'm praying for peace whatever the verdict.

I'm hoping for a full acquittal.

JMO

Hi Beach!! :loveyou: Great to see you and thanks for coming to the rescue of all of us who pacing around. This will be a difficult weekend for me - as a Canadian I am in "uncharted" territory. But will make every effort to keep my cool no matter what the verdict is.

IMO

I'm still asking the question - when the police were called to the scene right after TM was murdered - why didn't the police canvas the complex to see if TM was a resident or a guest there? Why did they accept the word of GZ that TM was a intent on burglary?

IMO

Morning everyone...

Hoping the jury gets this right and there is justice for Trayvon...

Also praying for both families and that the public is peaceful whatever the verdict.

From time to time (like right now, lol) it occurs to me that this trial is geographically near the location of the Casey Anthony trial. Given the public outcry against the Casey Anthony verdict, I am wondering if this could work against the defense in this case?

I think we will hear a verdict by 5:00 today. I think this jury is working hard to try to do right. For our justice system to work properly they need to be able to make a decision like this with no regard to any protests or reactions. They need to follow the laws of Florida and look at the evidence.
I hope that there is no violence if the decision goes against the opinions or hopes of any groups.

JMO...but I am not going to worry about a hung jury until 5 pm tomorrow evening... if we don't have a verdict by then I will begin to worry.
I have no Scientific information to back this up haha...it is all purely just MO

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member