How smart is the perp?

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Smart enough to not be in prison, despite a handwritten ransom note. You know, signatures are still used to legally establish one's identity, and yet the killer remains at large despite 3 pages of signatures. This is because the author is not around, and he knew he wouldn't be when he wrote the note.

I believe the money gathering request was a ruse to buy time to leave the state and/or country. If you read the ransom note, he wanted the family to:

1. Not call the police.
2. Spend hours and hours getting money and waiting for the kidnapper's phone call.

i think that's a very clever idea Hold on to your Hat, in fact it would make it one of the cleverest criminal ideas i have ever heard about, if it were true.

I could understand the cleverness even better, if the letter were written by a paedophile who wanted to make the perfect getaway.

But...

1. Are the injuries to JonBenet, and the absence of semen or saliva or other telltale signs, consistent with a sexual assault for the gratification of a paedophile?

2. What is the motive for the murder, if sexual gratification does not seem to have played a part?

I know nothing about paedophiles, but i would assume that they achieve orgasm by looking at their chosen young kids right?

So where is the semen?

So... an INGENIOUS, unparalleld in fact, 3 page DIVERSIONARY NOTE, which worked a charm.... to allow escape from a totally pointless MURDER?

You are correct in that the note was a diversion, and it worked quite well for the Ramseys.

Tristan said:
You are correct in that the note was a diversion, and it worked quite well for the Ramseys.

Tristan,

Way too much is being read into that naive and obviously fake ransom note. IMO the sole purpose of the note was to try to divert suspicion away from family members -- John, Patsy and Burke. The fact that it produced collateral benefits for the killer was accidental, since normally the body would have been found within minutes after the police arrived at the house.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Smart enough to not be in prison, despite a handwritten ransom note. You know, signatures are still used to legally establish one's identity, and yet the killer remains at large despite 3 pages of signatures. This is because the author is not around, and he knew he wouldn't be when he wrote the note.

I believe the money gathering request was a ruse to buy time to leave the state and/or country. If you read the ransom note, he wanted the family to:

1. Not call the police.
2. Spend hours and hours getting money and waiting for the kidnapper's phone call.

MAGNA *advertiser censored* LAUDE SMART.

Suppose you are Magna *advertiser censored* Laude Smart, and you want to leave a handwritten ransom note that doesn't expose you. Are you going to try to impress the reader with your organization and vocabulary? I didn't think so. Wouldn't you dumb it down with common expressions, to make it look like you are a run-of-the-mill stereotype movie bad-guy, and keep the note short to avoid over-exposure?

Instead, the note is flamboyant, arrogant, power-wielding, and trite.

Its got to be the most overstated ransom note in history. It could be that people don't listen to the perp much.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back