Well, it'll make you cry

Charlie09

Former Member
Reaction score
but it's worth it I promise.

On a sunny Saturday in July, Rachel Wolf was preparing for the day she always dreamed of, complete with wedding gown, makeup, and guests.

But there was one thing missing: a groom.

Instead, the day was about her dad. Rachel's father, Dr. James Wolf, is dying of pancreatic cancer. He likely has less than three months to live.

So to make sure that he would be there on her wedding day, Rachel, 25, came up with an unusual idea: she would create and record her own father/daughter dance. The venue, Auburn Recreation Park in Auburn, Calif., the limo and the D.J. were all donated.

"I just was flabbergasted," Dr. Wolf told TODAY in an interview that aired Monday.

"There are a lot of things that I would've liked the girls to experience with me being there," Dr. Wolf said while choking back tears. "And I'm not going to be there."

Sweet video at link
http://www.today.com/news/dying-father-has-last-first-dance-daughter-6C10703525

You were right, it did make me cry, but it was worth it. I lost my Daddy 13 years ago to that evil we call cancer.:sigh:

I'm so sorry for your loss, mine has been gone almost 9 years...no one tells us how much we'll miss them.

Wow, that certainly brought tears to my eyes (as you had warned me!).

The video at the link in the first post doesn't work anymore (at least for me), so here is another link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRF3mj0xbZg

Have your tissues ready.

My mother never made it to my wedding...never met my husband, never met her grandchildren. But, she was with me every step of the way.

This video reminds me of how many wonderful dads there are out there...my own father and my DH included.

Thanks for sharing the original link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back