CO - Richard Hammock, 48, shot dead, no charges filed, 2 Nov 2003

Quincy

Reaction score
From 11 - 11- 03 Denver Post:

"Man cleared in slaying sparked by dog dispute
By Coleman Cornelius, Denver Post Northern Colorado Bureau

GREELEY - An Ault man who shot and killed his neighbor in a dispute that began with a barking dog was released from jail Monday and will not be charged with a crime.

Eric Griffin's actions last week in the shooting were protected by Colorado's "make my day" law, said Weld County District Attorney Al Dominguez............................."

Full Article

I'll probably not be to popular for saying this but I don't think that Griffin should have been charged.
Hammock was on Griffin's porch threatening him.
Possibly you should not go to your neighbors house acting like an idiot.
His family seems to think that it was no big deal but clearly Hammock had an aggresive temper. He had no right to go threaten someone and in doing so should not have chosen someone who owns a 12gauge.
If Hammock had shown up at griffins with the stick and broke the window and griffin had no means to defend himself who do you think would be in jail right now?

This is Richards granddaughter! You may or may not see this, but my Grandpa NEVER had an aggressive temper. He didn’t know he had a shot gun, and he only wanted to talk, he was not angry when he went over there. And the ONLY reason my grandpa went over there with the 2x4 was because HE SHOT MY GRANDPAS DOG. Not once but twice. And if you read the article he wasn’t charged because of the “make my day law” you shouldn’t have spoke on anything that you don’t know anything about. Again, it’s been almost 15 yrs, and you may or may not see this but that is my grandpa you are talking about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back