Cops aren't buying the artistic value of "art night" at Erotic City

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Police raided the Boise bar Monday night for violating the city's nudity ordinance, which requires that dancers wear at least pasties and a thong unless they are engaging in a performance with "serious artistic merit." The club had tried to beat the ordinance by distributing pencils and sketch pads to patrons during special twice-weekly "art nights," when the dancers performed nude.

"It's actually pretty clear in the city ordinance that there are exemptions for dance and theater and artistic merits, but the law also clearly states that the exemption does not apply to adult businesses," said police spokeswoman Lynn Hightower. "If it were an art studio and models were actually posing, that would be one thing. But these women weren't posing. They were dancing."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/bizarre/040505_APsn_strippers.html

Casshew said:
The club had tried to beat the ordinance by distributing pencils and sketch pads to patrons during special twice-weekly "art nights," when the dancers performed nude.

Oh my, that is funny actually. Boy, we will try anything to beat the system.. :doh:

..."But these women weren't posing. They were dancing."
Aww, come on- it's called Dynamic, or Gesture drawing. :dance:

I read about this club using the loophole a couple months ago. Apparently, the cops did, too. Both my husband and I, being art school grads and one-time "models" found it amusing. Honestly, some of the models we had in class were a lot more scary than anything one would find in a strip club.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back