Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
2585759_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22605864/2013/06/16/missing-adrienne-salinas

GGE's Case Map

AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas Media and Timeline Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Verified Insider: cab guy

Previous Threads
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Just a reminder...

No one has been named a suspect or person of interest. Sleuthing and discussing anyone as such is not allowed. You can discuss anyone that has been named in main stream media or thru law enforcement. Rumor is not allowed. You can speculate but only with what is known at this time.

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call
In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify.

Thank you!

MAY I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION PLEASE

Thank you. I just got off the phone with Sargent Pooley of the Tempe Police Department.

While Sargent Pooley appreciates your concern and willingness to help it is not necessary to call him. He cannot give you any more information that what has already been given out to the press.

Please, PLEASE DO NOT CALL SGT POOLEY or anyone involved in the case. Remember it is against our Terms of Service so even if you do call either Sargent Pooley or someone else in the case you can't post about it.

We have to enforce this rule very strictly. We can't control who you call or speak with but we can stop you from posting about it on Websleuths.

If we allowed posters to randomly call the police/witnesses/friends/family and then post about it can you imagine the chaos?

If we let one poster do it we have to let everyone do it and that's why it is against the rules.

Also Sargent Pooley wanted me to reiterate the following:

The Cab Driver's story matches up with his GPS, his cellphone pings, and everything else he has given the police. He did not go anywhere that night other than what he told the police. His GPS backs up his story as do the cellphone pings.

While no one is ever cleared the Cab Driver is not high on their list since his story checks out.

Please remember the last thing anyone involved in any case needs is a stranger calling them up to find out information. It's just not a good thing to do.

Thank you.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Thanks bessie.
So, now that the police report is public, does anyone have a copy of it who is willing to share it with us all here in its entirety? I got ahold of Chelsea Hoffman yesterday and asked her to see about putting up a pdf of the report. I realize it is 33 pages and will bog down the server of any news outlet who hosts the entire thing, and I realize it will get quite costly to host the document but for that reason I will happily host it to my own website if anyone does get a copy of it and scan each page and want to post it here. It is an open offer, just PM me, whoever wants to be a hero.

Praying for Adrienne today as always.

Cab_guy, you didn't get a chance to answer me yet from the last thread before it was locked, did police play a recording of Adrienne's voice for Tom so that he could tell them whether it was her voice or a different female's voice who called him from her cellphone that night?

Thanks!

Thanks bessie.
So, now that the police report is public, does anyone have a copy of it who is willing to share it with us all here in its entirety? I got ahold of Chelsea Hoffman yesterday and asked her to see about putting up a pdf of the report. I realize it is 33 pages and will bog down the server of any news outlet who hosts the entire thing, and I realize it will get quite costly to host the document but for that reason I will happily host it to my own website if anyone does get a copy of it and scan each page and want to post it here. It is an open offer, just PM me, whoever wants to be a hero.

Thank you! The police report would be helpful.
Still mind boggling! Onto thread number 6 and after everyone's tireless work I feel we are not that much closer to finding Adrienne. Let's all pray! :(

Interesting the way some cases generate interest. Thread #6 -great.
Sadly what intrigues me most about Adrienne's case is the lack of anything of her's having been found.
We don't have a crime scene.

I've mentioned Mickey Shunick's case before since there was nothing of her's found from where she was taken. But her bicycle was found not to long after - though dumped in the river some ways away, and while nothing forensically was found - it showed something bad had happened.

Thanks bessie.

If someone can make it into a PDF, it would likely be much easier to put it in Google Docs and make it public.

Cab_guy, you didn't get a chance to answer me yet from the last thread before it was locked, did police play a recording of Adrienne's voice for Tom so that he could tell them whether it was her voice or a different female's voice who called him from her cellphone that night?

Thanks!

That is a very important question! Thank you GGE for bringing it up. I hope cab guy will log on and be able to answer it.

ETA: is there a reason the first post of this thread does not have the link to thread #5?

Interesting the way some cases generate interest. Thread #6 -great.
Sadly what intrigues me most about Adrienne's case is the lack of anything of her's having been found.
We don't have a crime scene.

I've mentioned Mickey Shunick's case before since there was nothing of her's found from where she was taken. But her bicycle was found not to long after - though dumped in the river some ways away, and while nothing forensically was found - it showed something bad had happened.

Great analogy to Mickey's case. I wonder if some of Adrienne's items were found, but they just aren't releasing that info. They did a huge sweep (dozens of officers and canines, IIRC) of the area a couple of weeks after she went missing, and seem pretty convinced that she was taken. Too bad that there doesn't appear to be many cameras on her route like in Mickey's case.

I'm going to (personally) do a little exercise for now in my own mind, and go back and look at things with a slightly different perspective -

since nobody saw Adrienne at her apartment that last time, I'm going to pretend that she never went there at all for the sake of this exercise...

and since we can't verify right now that the female who called cab_guy from Adrienne's phone was actually Adrienne herself, rather than a different female using her phone, I'm going to pretend that none of the calls to the cab company were from Adrienne (again, just as an exercise to get my own mind to see things a bit differently if possible, since right now I feel a bit out of ideas).

I think I will look at this as if she was last seen at about 3:40am getting into her car and leaving for her boyfriend's house, and since LE has said they don't believe that anyone else was in the car based on looking all thru the car and where things were on the seats and whatnot, I'll also go ahead and further pretend that it was Adrienne and Adrienne alone who wrecked her car at 3:43am or thereabouts (pretty sure that's the 911 call time, right?).

So. I"ll be pretending that the last time anyone saw or heard from Adrienne was at 3:43am and that after that we can't know for sure who was using her phone or where she was because nobody actually saw her again after that.

SO (sorry for such a long winded post, I usually try not to do that), I hope this will help me think of more ideas and I shared my intentions just in case anyone else is needing a new way to think about things. (I bet you all already covered this though, like four threads ago :) )

Who here thinks that LE knows more than what has been released? (ok, maybe I'm too hopeful).
Also, I believe the FBI has been brought in to help the Tempe LE, right?

Saturday, June 15th:

10:00pm (Friday night) – 5:00am (Saturday morning) – Length of the party at Adrienne’s apartment (17).

2:30am – “Last seen by roommates” when she left to go to boyfriend’s home (1). Her apartment is on Brown & Hardy (as relayed to us by WS members Goblinsolo & 2Hip2BSquare, found by watching news videos and doing a visual of the apartments in the area) previous reports reported her apartment as being on Ash Avenue (6) *There is a discrepancy here as there was a roommate that did see her after the argument with the boyfriend occurred and Adrienne returned home. Time has been updated to reflect time of 2:30am, as indicated on Nancy Grace show. The boyfriend told LE that Adrienne was upset with him for talking to other people at the party and not paying enough attention to her. He said Adrienne asked him to leave but later followed him to his car and said she wanted him to drive her to Scottsdale so they could talk more. The argument continued during the drive and at his home (14). Arteaga said they continued to argue about their relationship, even when they arrived at his house, police said. Arteaga said during their argument inside the house, he stepped out to get some air and when he came back, Salinas was gone, police said. Arteaga said he found Salinas walking toward Indian School Road and told her he would take her home (16). So he gave her a ride to 5th Street & Mill Avenue where she jumped out of his car and walked the rest of the way home (14).

3:22am - Adrienne’s boyfriend called one of her roommates to tell the roommate that Adrienne was walking home so she could meet her (15). The roommate, Rebecca Flores, told LE she went out on her bike to look for Adrienne but didn’t find her until she (Rebecca) returned back to the apartment.

3:30am – Rebecca said that Adrienne was “calmly upset” over the argument with her boyfriend (13) also reported in source (17). After Adrienne & Rebecca spoke outside on the grass, Adrienne went upstairs to her room and packed a small bag but Rebecca didn’t see Adrienne leave (13). Adrienne told her roommates that she was going to go back to the boyfriend’s home & she packed an overnight bag (17).

3:35 - 3:40am – According to police timeline, this is the time that Adrienne packed her bag and drove away. Two people reported seeing her drive away from her apartment at 3:40 (17).

3:44am – Police received a 911 call that Adrienne’s car had hit a median at Ash & Rio Salado Parkway. Passerby saw car driving erratically behind her, so she moved over and let the car pass. (4) The witness said the car passed her near the Rio Salado Parkway and struck a curb, flattening both the driver's-side tires.. the car sped off before the witness could check on the driver (13). Adrienne’s car was then driven less than a mile to Brown and Roosevelt. Police say that from there, she walked a ¼ mile back to her apartment where she changed clothes, leaving behind her wallet and keys. (9) Witness says “they” in her 911 call. Operator asked how many people she thought was in the car and the witness said she thought there were two, she thought she saw one in the passenger seat. (10).

APPROX 3:47am – Adrienne’s car could have reached the location it was parked after being crashed. The distance from the crash site to the abandoned vehicle is .5 miles. (18)

APPROX 3:54am – This is about the time that Adrienne could have arrived at her house after parking her crashed car. Walking from the abandoned car location to her apartment is .4 miles and would take about 7 minutes to walk. (18)

4:10-4:17am – Adrienne’s cell phone called the boyfriend 11 times, but he didn’t answer. (4 & 17)

4:10-4:50am – Per NG show, there were 32 calls from Adrienne to her BF during this time. See GGE’s transcriptions. BF tells LE he was sleeping during this time (17).

[unknown time] Adrienne called the cab company and it’s believed that she left a message and dispatch called her back. See 4:23 time. (NG show).

4:23-4:26am – It was originally believed that Adrienne called the cab company requesting to be picked up at AMPM at 4:23am. Nearest driver was about 20 minutes away. Cab driver’s name is Tom (11). Time of call was 3 minutes, according to NG show. Cab driver’s father changed information and said that the 4:23 call was from taxi dispatch to Adrienne’s phone. Per cab driver’s father, Adrienne’s call could have come in to the taxi company before then and she left a message, so dispatch called her back at 4:23, the call was then a 3 minute call (NG show) but then this was changed to a 4 minute call according to “Cab Guy” timeline (24). Police timeline says that she called for a cab at 4:23 (17).

4:30am – Person driving to work found naked woman’s body in the street. Not sure if this is related. Near McClintock and Baseline (2) – this woman has since been identified and her boyfriend has been arrested for murder. Still unknown if related to Adrienne’s disappearance, but I’m keeping this on the timeline just in case, because of the timing.

4:33-4:36am – Per WS member “Cab Guy”, Adrienne called the cabbie again at this time. Duration of call was 3 minutes. (post #1045, dated 7/25, thread#4) (24) **”Cab Guy” timeline was updated next day (7/26) showing that this call actually took place at 4:37am (see next).

4:37am – Cab Company calls Adrienne back, call lasts 3 minutes (NG show timeline). Per WS member “Cab Guy”, the 4:33am time (above) was changed to 4:37am. Per “Cab Guy”, Adrienne called the cabbie again at this time. Duration of call was 3 minutes. (post #227, dated 7/26, thread#5) (25).

4:43am – Text sent from Adrienne’s phone to boyfriend’s phone said she was going to his house. (17)

4:52am – A slender woman was seen in the west parking lot of O’Reilly’s Auto Parts on the surveillance cameras . Address is 1002 W. University Ave. (12) It has not been confirmed whether or not the woman seen is Adrienne.

4:53am – Cab driver called Adrienne and she told him that she was on her way there. According to police timeline released by MSM, the cab driver called Adrienne at this time when he couldn’t find her at the convenience store at Hardy & University. She says she’s on her way. (17)

4:53am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post that Adrienne called the cabbie (not the other way around), cabbie was still on his way there. (posted 7/25) (22). On 7/26, “Cab Guy” posted an updated timeline that says that this was a 1 minute call and the cabbie was on the other line. Cabbie clicked over and told Adrienne he was on his way and Adrienne said “I’ll be there in a minute) (posted 7/26) (25).

4:54am – A dark 4 door vehicle was seen heading northbound in the O’Reillys parking lot 2 minutes later on the surveillance cameras (12).

5:00am – Party at Adrienne’s apartment ended (17).

5:00am – Last seen near Brown & Roosevelt streets. (3) Another reports states last seen at this location at 4:30am (7) -- not sure who she was last seen BY, or if this goes off pings, but this is also the same location her car was found.

APPROX 5:01am – approximate time she could have left her apartment, if we’re to take her “I’ll be there in a minute” call literally. Distance from her apartment to AMPM is .3 miles, or 6 minutes walking (18). NOTE: this approx. time would be incorrect if the “Cab Guy” timeline is correct that she said she’d be there in a minute on the 4:53am call.

5:01am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post that raw video showed Tom arriving at 5:01am. (22) Screenshots showing the cabbie arriving at AMPM at 5:00:05, stopped in front of AMPM through 05:00:17, then leaving the front of AMPM at 05:00:28 are located at post# 11, thread 5 (27).

5:04am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station. (11)

5:05am - Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station (again). (11) Previous reports indicated: Police said Adrienne called a cab company, but the cabbie couldn’t find her at a Tempe convenience store. (4) “Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the AMPM gas station at the intersection of Hardy & University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there” (5). LE saw surveillance of cab driver at AMPM but there was no sign of Adrienne there. LE subsequently questioned the cab driver and searched his home. AMPM is less than ¼ mile from Adrienne’s apartment. (9)

5:05am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post (#1043, dated 7/25, thread#4) that Tom called Adrienne at this time to tell her that he was almost there (21). On 7/26, “Cab Guy” revised this time to actually be that the cabbie called Adrienne, it rang several times then went to voicemail, so he left a message (posted 7/26) (25).

5:06am – Adrienne called the cab driver (Tom) saying she’d be there in a minute. On 7/26, “Cab Guy” stated that at this time, the cabbie called Adrienne, it rang several times then went to voicemail, so he left a message (again) (posted 7/26) (25). Per “Cab Guy” timeline, cabbie called Adrienne again at 5:06am and it rang once and then went to voicemail, so he hung up (posted 7/26) (25).

5:07am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne again, looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail. (11) Her phone was turned off (1) or died (8).

5:08am – Per “Cab Guy” timeline, cabbie called another driver to collect money from him (26).

5:10am – Per “Cab Guy” timeline, cabbie called the same driver to collect money from him (26).

Sunday, June 16th:

2:00pm – AS’s father found her car two blocks away from her apartment. (8)
Her Father called LE that afternoon (8), after going to her apartment to check on her and finding the door unlocked. He was very concerned because she hadn’t called him for Father’s Day (20).

Other known info:
Per “Cab Guy”, the cabbie doesn’t remember Adrienne (or her demeanor), but he does remember getting stood up after driving a long way. Cabbie works night shift and supervises the night drivers (26).
Per “Cab Guy”, the cabbie’s shift ends right about 5:00am. After not picking up Adrienne, he headed to “Cab Guy”s house, 3 miles N/E in Tempe to turn in cash and fill “Cab Guy” in on the evening (26).
Per “Cab Guy”, there was no record of Adrienne’s name or number in their system from any other time than the night/morning she went missing (25).
Per WS member Cab Guy, post 1038: Cabbie took & made a total of 20 calls from 4:23am-5:10am (“very busy”) and 6 of those calls were to/from Adrienne.
According to news reports, BF & Cabbie have both been cleared by LE (17).
Per Admin Tricia: Also Sargent Pooley wanted me to reiterate the following: The Cab Driver's story matches up with his GPS, his cellphone pings, and everything else he has given the police. He did not go anywhere that night other than what he told the police. His GPS backs up his story as do the cellphone pings. While no one is ever cleared the Cab Driver is not high on their list since his story checks out. (19)
After leaving her disabled car, she walked less than a ¼ mile to her home and changed clothes and left again, leaving her wallet and keys behind. (9)
LE has questioned the cab driver and searched his home. Say he’s not a suspect at this time. (9) LE also took a DNA sample from cab driver (11).
LE did a sweep of Tempe Town Lake and found nothing. (9)
LE says that BF has been cleared and has fully cooperated. (10)
Cab procedures: "In a place like this, they would get out, look around, make sure the person wasn't in the store," Simon said. He said his son did just that but never saw Salinas. (11)
Francisco Arteaga told police Salinas was upset with him after a party at her apartment because she felt he “was not paying enough attention to her,” according to the report. (13)
Adrienne has a small dog that she never leaves home without bringing it or making sure someone will care for it while she’s gone (13).
The police report said Adrienne had no source of income and that her father gave her money for her living expenses, including $10 for gas a few days before she vanished. (14)
Adrienne only had one set of car keys for her car (NG show)
No one saw her return to the apartment after her accident (NG show).
Sgt. Pooley said that there were things on the passenger seat and back seats that indicate to them that there was only one person in the car, the driver (NG show).
News footage of BF: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
News footage of roommate: http://www.kpho.com/story/22676371/tempe-teen-still-missing-week-and-a-half-later

1: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ching-missing-tempe-woman.html?nclick_check=1
2: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street
3: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2WWHosmWu
4: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sing-tempe-student-search-continues-abrk.html
5: http://www.kpho.com/story/22627002/...red?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
6: https://photos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/9109_599855283368143_1108049287_n.jpg
7: http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579
8: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
9: http://www.kpho.com/story/22687012/...teen-makes-emotional-plea-for-her-safe-return
10: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...friends-step-up-search-for-missing-Tempe-girl
11: http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out
12: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/adrienne-salinas-missing_n_3618785.html
13: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...linas-left-home-after-argument-with-boyfriend
14: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...tempe-missing-woman-friends-family-vigil.html
15: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing-Tempe-teen-new-information--215943951.html
16: http://www.kpho.com/story/22869930/police-report-sheds-light-prior-to-tempe-teens-disappearance
17: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...mystery-deepens-case-missing-tempe-woman.html
18: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
19: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
20: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/24/adrienne-salinas-mystery-missing-tempe-teen
21: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
22: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
23: Cab driver ruled out as suspect in Tempe teen's disappearance - YouTube
24: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
25: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5
26: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5
27: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5
***PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TIMES IN PURPLE ARE APPROXIMATE TIMES, GOING OFF OF DISTANCES FROM VARIOUS POINTS AND BASING THOSE TIMES OFF OF TIMES PROVIDED TO US FROM LE/MSM. THEY ARE NOT TO BE MISTAKEN AS FACTUAL TIMES, BUT MERELY AN AID TO UNDERSTANDING APPROXIMATE TIMES THAT THESE THINGS COULD HAVE OCCURRED. ALL PURPLE TIMES ARE IMO. TIMES IN ORANGE ARE UN-VERIFIED TIMES PROVIDED BY CAB GUY, A VERIFIED INSIDER.***

I'm sure LE has more info and evidence than they've released. I'm not so sure that hording it will help them find Adrienne. I understand the need to keep things close to the vest for investigative and prosecuting purposes, but oftentimes that doesn't help find the missing person. They'd rather have a case go cold than release certain info. I don't envy their dilemma at all.

As far as the police report.. Dropbox! Create a share folder.. Send link to folks and walah :) I use it for college for study guides and daily class recordings with the class.

What would be the point of "planting" her items in the apartment? It would be easy enough to say she never returned after taking off in her car, rather than planting evidence and saying no one saw her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth