Patricia letters

narlacat

Former Member
Reaction score
Could someone enlighten me on this subect? I have no idea what the Patricia letters are all about...
Thank you

narlacat said:
Could someone enlighten me on this subect? I have no idea what the Patricia letters are all about...
Thank you

Oh what a nightmare... Someone other than I will have to explain it to you, I don't know if I can do it justice. Just a beginning, someone was putting out letter which didn't say they were PR but easily could be taken as such. Some say it was PR, some say it was Stine, others believed it was all a hoax. I think I fell into the last catagory.

Yeah ok Jack,thanx for the beginning anyhow!

I understand how confusing things are surrounding this case...took me ages to work things out about certain things and certain people(Jameson being one of them)....i dont blame you for not wanting to try to explain it....ill have to go back to candyrose and see if she has those letters there,was being lazy i guess....gotta read up on Susan Stine too,seems i know nothing about her....i think she had a son Doug who was friends with Burke....must go back and read up on all the R's friends at the time...
It must get frustrating for you guys that have followed this from the start, going over and over everything a million times....

narlacat said:
It must get frustrating for you guys that have followed this from the start, going over and over everything a million times....
I second that thought...
I would really like to hear/read the opinions of those of you who have followed this case from the start.......

God now i am really confused,jack you were right...no wonder you didnt bother too much lol

I went to candyrose and found out a little about the letters,but i couldnt actually see the letters ....can we read them and where would i find them?
maybe someone can help?

Misty

This site pops up when you google ‘Susan Stine.’ Go figure.

The confusion is caused in part by the multiplicity of Pat/Patsy/Patricia’s and Sue/Susan’s wandering around in this case. There are also a gazillion hats flapping in the wind.

Misty emailed me back in the early spring of 2000 to help her look at these letters. She wanted my linguistic opinion as to their authorship. Initially I agreed, but within days I was inundated with text messages from Misty and thoroughly confused as to her purpose. Eventually, I withdrew.

She also contacted an individual named Delmar England that she claimed was also a linguist. I asked her for Delmar’s linguistic background – the perspective he was coming from or the field he worked in. She informed me that she could not give me this information because it would compromise my analysis. That is utter rot. Linguists always readily identify their theoretical perspective. There is nothing secret or even revealing about this.

For instance, Donald Foster is a literary analyst. His expertise is in Shakespearean text. Other analysts might come from a Chomskian perspective. Or as in my case, a Hallidayian perspective. Some are Summer Institute, which is normally anthropological in nature. Or you have philosophers who look at language and are rooted in Austin and Searle and speech acts, or you have forensic linguists who can simply look at the language used in courts and possible methods of updating some of the terminology. Let’s see, then there are pragmatists, and phonologists, and people who study rhetoric. There are systemic functionalists, presciptionists, descriptionists and on, and on, and on. This doesn’t tell you anything about the text they analyse, but simply outlines the approach they take to the analysis. An analysis without theory is NOTHING. It is simply someone’s opinion.

Failure to identify Delmar’s credentials led me to believe that he was not a linguist. He does not appear on any of my lists, and no legit linguist would publish work without their name on it. To retain your rights, you must publish as who you are – even on the Internet. So, I stand behind my claim – there is no Delmar England. This is not inflammatory – this is opinion based on knowledge of my field. If he wished to stand up and take a bow – name his credentials and explain his perspective – I’m all ears (or should I say eyes!)

It quickly became apparent that Misty had an agenda and that agenda was to assign blame for these letters to Jameson. She started sending me proof that Jameson was the guilty party. I tried to slow her down, as some of her proof was suspect. It fell on deaf ears, or more correctly deaf eyes. (I have a whole binder full of emails on this topic that I can quote if need be...but my fingers are aching already...).

At about that point, she spun off in a wild direction attempting to identify and conquer pedophiles. She launched a campaign to reclaim the JBR chat room by sending posters anonymously to a candlelight chat. When questioned as to her rational she became very defensive and angry and subsequently left the Websleuth’s forum. She constantly ricocheted back and forth between Webbsleuths and Websleuths anyway, but when she left this time she started her own forum – since defunct, I believe. But I could be wrong.

Last I heard was earlier this year when she popped in here to announce that she had cancer. I sympathize, but I still say that Delmar England was no linguist and Misty seemed to have a few issues with Jameson that interfered with her objectivity in the matter of the Patricia letters.

Yes, they are mentioned in DOI, but for the life of me I can’t see how they are relevant or even important. I’ve kept the four Patricia letters that Misty sent to me. I didn’t ever get around to looking at them properly. I don’t really think they’re worth the effort.

I tend to agree with Twilight, the Patricia letters weren't worth the read.
No, Jameson DID NOT write them , no matter how Misty tried to put this together, it never made sense.
http://jbr_subculture.tripod.com/CheesyApril1999.htm

Is this some of the "stuff".

It doesn't look right, but again, it's been years, maybe I remember them differently.

I just now noticed that someone asked about the Patricia Letters, glad Sissi had the link, as I did not.

I picked one to click on that said Forums, and found the word "hence", which you'll remember was in the ransom note, and also the writer mentions being depressed, and "feable" efforts, which I suppose could be from depression, including the spelling. If my child was killed I probably couldn't spell either. I didn't re-read any of the others, at least not yet. http://jbr_subculture.tripod.com/04-24-1999-18-03-10-FriendtoCheesyForumsPC.txt

Thanx everyone for their replies here.....i dont think ill bother with the patricia letters....thanx twilight for your post and thanx to sissi for saying ,it wasnt Jameson.....i couldnt believe it when her name came up to do with the letters.
That Jameson confuses me....also i thought Jameson was ACR but i think im wrong about that...am i??

Thorkim said:
Jameson and ACR are not the same person. They are not in the same league.

Remember there are no people on the Internet. There are simply a web of connected computers - some protected, others not - open to whomever the owner of the computer chooses to invite into their space.

Therefore Thorkim, I have to say how would you prove your hypothesis that Jameson and ACR are not the same person? You can suspect they are not, but it is impossible to prove it. Just like it is impossible to prove that say, Misty and ACR, or Misty and Jameson are not the same person. There are no people - just computers. And the only hat you'll ever really know is your own. Scary, huh?

hmmmm ok so i get what you are saying Twilight....who will ever know whether or not ACR and Jameson are one and the same. I have been to the site ACR and i have also seen a posting here on WS by ACR...so ACR is actually a person,which i didnt realize at first. Its all very confusing when youve come in late like i have.
Thanx for the replies everyone.

Twilight says I always appear when they do. Don't want to disappoint her :)

Do we know that Delmar England is his real name? I know he writes under than name, but lots of writers use a pen name.

Also, Misty died on Thanksgiving last year. She had her critics (ie jameson), but I understand she did some good work and had a good heart.

There may be other clues in the other letters. I only rechecked the one, and found two! There was the word "hence" and the word "Feable" mis-spelled.
You might notice something the rest of us didn't.

Misty and someone used to have a forum. Anyone remember who the other one was? It's sad that she died, and I remember she was sick but can't remember exactly what illness.

sissi said:
Jayelles ,did Misty die from an illness or other natural cause?
Misty died from pancreatic cancer. She didn't live for terribly long after her diagnosis. It was very sad.

Hi Jayelle,

I'm curious as to how you know this?

Eagle 1: The other poster was Willianna. They both vanished together. Willi was more of a loss. S/he was very insightful. 'Feable' - there's no 'fe[a]eble' in the ransom note? As for 'hence' there is way more to the similarity than just the use of the word.

Patricia Letter: Beth has revealed herself to me, hence, I know her life has sustained (past this life).

This is a simple compounded sentence. In other words take the 'hence' out and you have 2 simple sentences both of which make sense in their own right.

Ransom note: If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you earlyto arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a earlier xxxxxxxx pick-up of your daughter.

This is a complex alpha-beta construct where the clauses are interdependent on one another for meaning. No simple sentences here that carry meaning all on their own. They need each other. It also contains polyptoton, which is a root word with different endings in each clause marked in pink. Then there is the modal in the second clause marked in green - might. The sentence ends with an ambiguous reference to JonBenét marked in orange. There is extensive use of reference to time - early/earlier.

These conditions are met in the 1997 Xmas message from the Ramseys. They are not met in the Patricia letters. So, you cannot say it is Patsy because it matches. You can't say it is not Patsy either, because although it is easy to create a sentence that does not match, it is very, very difficult to create one that does match. I've asked lots of people, and they cannot do it. I've only ever seen one poster on a forum do it, and I think that person was Patsy. Feel free to try - I'll even check it for you.

Now, Jayelle, if you'd told us Misty died of a virus, a worm, or a trojan horse...

I notice the person she claimed to be is not parked where they should be anymore, so I suppose it is very sad.

No, I meant specifically her death...how did you find out about that?

It's on the link that I posted. Sabrina spoke with Misty's family. Sabrina was in touch with Misty and was very supportive during her illness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back