Ireland Ireland - Deirdre Jacob, 18, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, 28 July 1998

In fact several women disappeared in the 90's in Ireland including one American.

The disappeared
26 March 1993: Annie McCarrick, 26, US student went missing from Glencullen in the Dublin Mountains
9 November 1995: Jo Jo Dullard, 21, hitching a lift home to Callan, County Kilkenny
23 August 1996: Fiona Pender, 25, vanished from her flat in Tullamore, County Offaly
8 February 1998: Fiona Sinnott, 19, last seen leaving a pub in Broadway, County Wexford
12 February 1998: Ciara Breen, 18, went missing from Dundalk, County Louth
28 July 1998: Deirdre Jacob, 18, disappeared as she walked home to Newbridge, County Kildare

XIpFFCY.jpg

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/l...rdre-jacob-to-be-reviewed-by-gardai-1-6212860

The case of missing Newbridge teenager Deirdre Jacob, who disappeared 16 years ago, has been taken up for review by the Serious Crime Review Team of the National Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

Deirdre, a student teacher, went missing from outside her home in Roseberry 16 years ago on Monday, July 28 1998 while walking home from Newbridge at 3.06pm. She was 18-years-old at the time...

“It is a fresh set of eyes looking at the case and perhaps something new will come out of it. The family have never stopped searching for Deirdre. The last sighting of Deirdre was at 3pm outside the entrance to her home in Roseberry. We are renewing our appeal to any person with any information who may be thinking of contacting the gardai but have not done so, or are waiting for the gardai to contact them.”

The Irish Vanishing Triangle is very sad. It's very strange that not one of them have been found. Literally vanished into thin air. If I remember correctly Deirdre was seen walking just into the entrance of her home but never made it home. The only suspect in the vanishing triangle has denied any involvement but while he was in prison for ten years for rape and attempted murder no one else vanished. The Gardai have stated that they believe he is responsible for at least 3 of the missing women and have questioned him intensely but he has denied any involvement. It would be superb if one day these cases were solved. It's scary to think there may be a serial killer walking among us right now.

The Irish Vanishing Triangle is very sad. It's very strange that not one of them have been found. Literally vanished into thin air. If I remember correctly Deirdre was seen walking just into the entrance of her home but never made it home. The only suspect in the vanishing triangle has denied any involvement but while he was in prison for ten years for rape and attempted murder no one else vanished. The Gardai have stated that they believe he is responsible for at least 3 of the missing women and have questioned him intensely but he has denied any involvement. It would be superb if one day these cases were solved. It's scary to think there may be a serial killer walking among us right now.

Yes, Deirdre was last seen at the entrance to her house. :( He had been doing some work on her grandmother's shop too, so he had been in the area.

Unfortunately, his sentence was way too lenient. In the US, kidnapping and rape would have netted at least 20 years. Here, he was free to leave after 7. This is despite us all knowing that he is an extreme danger to women.

Apparently he is in London now.

Wow, can't believe they have made an arrest, that is amazing. I hope justice can finally be served for this beautiful young woman and her unborn child. And IMO I think this woman does deserve her own thread on here. Thank you for posting the link :)

I wonder though is it the same suspect they have always had, in his 40's in probation and on bail and emigrated. Can't be that much of a coincidence but stranger things have happened, I will be glued to the news for the next few days.

I wonder though is it the same suspect they have always had, in his 40's in probation and on bail and emigrated. Can't be that much of a coincidence but stranger things have happened, I will be glued to the news for the next few days.

From irish news coverage, it appears a woman has given information on the case. The suspect is her former partner. http://www.independent.ie/tablet/ne...-fiona-as-net-closes-on-suspect-30655224.html

Perhaps we should start a new thread for fiona.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

More information coming through slowly... yeah I also read it is his former girlfriend that came forward and that she is in protective custody for her own safety.

Gardai are also expected to begin digging at a new site in the midlands for the remains of Offaly woman, who has been missing, presumed murdered, for more than 18 years.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-as-gardai-begin-fresh-searches-30655131.html

Yes, I wonder if it's possible we could make a new thread for her. I'm new here so I'm unsure of how it works, may we make a new thread for Fiona MODS?

Kind regards,

Sinead.

The pain of not knowing what happened to missing Deirdre never goes away, say parents
27 APRIL 2015 03:00 AM

She was last seen shortly after 3pm inside the gate of the family home in Roseberry, Newbridge.

Despite intensive searches and appeals, there has been no trace of Deirdre since then.

Her father spoke of how Deirdre's disappearance affected their family.

"It may be you wake in the middle of the night and we'll have a discussion about it," he said.

"You know we'll just say; 'what happened to Deirdre, where is she?'

"You know there is someone out there that knows something about the whole thing. It just never goes away," he added.

Her mother Bernadette spoke of how the family have no more information now than on the day she disappeared.

I so wish Deirdre could be found. Whenever I see my relatives I am reminded of how awful it is for the Jacobs. I don't know how they cope at all. :(

A new article on Deirdre's case...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rapist-larry-murphy-not-the-only-suspect-for-disappearance-of-deirdre-jacob-34416110.html

Rapist Larry Murphy 'not the only suspect for disappearance' of Deirdre Jacob

Despite the 'cold case' nature of the investigation, fresh clues regularly emerge

The parents of missing Deirdre Jacob are not convinced that rapist Larry Murphy is the only suspect in her disappearance but have revealed the nature of the link between the criminal and their family.

Michael and Bernadette Jacob are painfully aware of presumptions and theories as to why their eldest daughter has been missing for more than 17 years.

But they want to limit speculation about the notorious rapist in a hope that it might bring about fresh clues.
The couple have spoken out to make public information that they believe will help clarify how Murphy was linked to her disappearance.

18th of July 2018 -

The father of missing Newbridge woman Deirdre Jacob says he never thought he would still be pleading for information 20 years on.

Deirdre Jacob, was 18- years-old, when last seen at the gateway to her house at Newbridge, at about 3.30pm, on Tuesday, July 28, 1998.

Her father, Michael and mother Bernadette, are renewing appeals for any information.
---
It takes about 25 minutes to walk to her house from Newbridge. She was last seen at approximately 3.30pm at the gateway to her house, there have been no sightings of her since this.

Her disappearance is a mystery and the Jacobs refuse to speculate about her disappearance.

They recalled how, early in the investigation, a hoax caller sent the investigation on the wrong path, leading Gardaí to believe Deirdre was in Co Monaghan.

There had also been unconfirmed reports a woman, matching Deirdre’s description, had been seen at a coffee shop on two consecutive days in Tara St in Dublin City just a few days after her disappearance was reported.

Mr Jacob said: “It was not common for Deirdre to go into Dublin and she would have always been with people if she did go in. She was very much a people person.”

He said Deirdre, had been very close to her family and always told them of her plans.

She is described as being 5’2" in height, slim build, black/brown hair (short style), grey/green eyes and when last seen she was wearing a navy NIKE jumper with white collar, blue jeans and blue NIKE runners. She also had a very distinctive shoulder bag with the logo "CAT" on it.

Newbridge man says he could not have anticipated that he would still be pleading for information on what happened to his daughter 20 years on | Kildare Now

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back