Smelly Money gets man arrested!

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=757&e=10&u=/ap/20050407/ap_on_fe_st/bad_bond

GREENSBURG, Ind. - A man who went to the sheriff's department to bond out his brother-in-law also ended up in jail when police realized the money he handed them reeked of marijuana.

Timothy Richards, 45, of Columbus, went to the Decatur County Sheriff's Department and when he handed dispatcher Julie Meyers $400, she counted it and then noticed something unusual.

"When I walked back toward the jail I noticed the money was damp and smelled funny," Meyers said.

It was damp too? I wonder if this rocket scientist tried to wash the smell out first! :doh:

This probably won't be a popular viewpoint, but surely there's more to that story? You can get arrested for having money that SMELLS like pot? It's illegal to have the smell of pot around you???? That does not seem to meet the level of "possesion" to me!

Oh, duh. I just re-checked the link and re-read the story. HOW did I miss that the first time around? I think my allergy meds have me in a permenant fog.

kgeaux said:
This probably won't be a popular viewpoint, but surely there's more to that story? You can get arrested for having money that SMELLS like pot? It's illegal to have the smell of pot around you???? That does not seem to meet the level of "possesion" to me!

Oh, duh. I just re-checked the link and re-read the story. HOW did I miss that the first time around? I think my allergy meds have me in a permenant fog.

LOL ... but your fog isn't as thick as those boy's fog mustof been. Talk about dumb and dumber ... :loser:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back