UNSOLVED MO - Kansas City, Newborn's body in garbage truck, Jul'13

2Hip2BSquare

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/07/30/body-of-newborn-baby-found-in-trash-arm-dangling-from-over-the-sid/

So sad. Seriously.

"Investigators are looking into the death of a newborn baby, whose body was found in the back of a trash vehicle in Kansas City yesterday.

Garbage workers found the baby’s body after seeing the arm of the child dangling over the side of a trash container in the truck.

Results from an autopsy have not yet been released to determine the cause of death* and officials are trying to determine about where on its scheduled route the track was at the time the workers discovered the body."

(cont. in article)

This is so very, very sad. I hope the person who gave birth to this precious baby is found and also is never able to have another.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22955684/police-investigate-after-baby-found-dead-in-east-kc-dumpster

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 10:21 AM EDT
Updated: Aug 28, 2013 10:21 AM EDT
By Chris Oberholtz, Multimedia Producer
By Alice Barr, News Reporter
By DeAnn Smith, Digital Content Manager

<snipped>
This was not the sanitation crew's first stop of the day, so right now, police say they have no way of knowing where along the route the baby came from.

Danny Rotert, a spokesman for Kansas City, said the route mostly serves the east side of the central core of the city.

In Kansas, the limit for leaving a baby, who has not been abused in any way, and guaranteed without prosecution, is 45 days after the child's birth.

No record in Namus of this baby boy, nicknamed Baby Campbell.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A community came together to pray for a baby boy found dead in a trash truck and to offer comfort to his unknown mother on Friday night. Alert workers spotted the baby’s arm sticking up out of their trash truck on Monday.
...... <snip> .....
“I organized this vigil, one because it hit my heart. I’m a mom, a grandmom. I work with children, I love children,” Pastor Octavia Southall said. Pastor Southall of Remnant Ministries Church and her members nicknamed the infant “Baby Campbell” because sanitation workers found him on Campbell Street. They desperately want to find the baby’s mother.

@othram

Any contact from the KCPD about available genetic material?

(I can't remember the username of any of the other forensic genealogy contacts, so feel free....)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back