Identified! CA - El Monte, WhtFem UP11394, 21-45, Apr'13 - Ana Lopez

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP 11394 - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11394

attachment.php

Coroner seeks help identifying woman's body found in South El Monte

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...fying-woman-el-monte-20130731,0,6507371.story

The Los Angeles County coroner is asking for the public's help in identifying a woman whose body was found in April in the San Gabriel riverbed in South El Monte.

The body was found just north of the Whittier Narrows Dam in South El Monte at 7:10 a.m. on April 2, the coroner said. She is not visibly identifiable because of the condition of her body.

The woman, between 21 and 40 years old, has brown hair and a tattoo of a rising sun with two mushrooms on her right calf above the ankle, according to the coroner.

A gray messenger bag containing two body sprays, and a grayhooded jacket were found near her body, the coroner said, and she was wearing blue jeans and grey tennis shoes. No identification papers were found near the body.

Coroner's officials seek help identifying body found in San Gabriel River

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_23772400/coroners-officials-seek-help-identifying-body-found-san

The remains of the woman, listed at the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner as Jane Doe No. 27, were discovered by county workers about 8:40 a.m. April 2 in the riverbed about 150 yards north of the Whittier Narrows Dam, and 100 yards west of Pico Rivera Bicentennial Park

Due to the condition of the body, which sheriff's investigators said may have been there for several months, an autopsy was unable to determine how the woman died

Attachments

• la-me-ln-20130731-001.jpg
    la-me-ln-20130731-001.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 275
I have no idea how she would get from Toronto to California, and the timeline probably too tight, but Mimsey Field went missing March 11. She has long brown hair and a mushroom tattoo on her right ankle:

http://local-news.jtn-network.com/8134/missing-woman-mimsey-field-25

I haven't checked yet to see whether she's still missing.

eta: side by side

Attachments

• mimsey field and namus 11390 2013.png
    mimsey field and namus 11390 2013.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 46
Bobbi Ann Campbell: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTAHmissingpersons.html#campbell

Bobbi was last seen leaving her home on January 7, 1995 to go to the store. She left her child at home and has had no contact with her family since. She has a 2-inch scar on her right shoulder and several tattoos. A tattoo of a rose on her left calf, mushroom and sunbeam on her right leg.

1995 is a very long timeline, but if she left home and became a drifter, she could have been anywhere for 15+ years. She's also blonde. At 5'1" she's shorter than the JD's estimated height.

Bobbi Ann Campbell: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTAHmissingpersons.html#campbell

Bobbi was last seen leaving her home on January 7, 1995 to go to the store. She left her child at home and has had no contact with her family since. She has a 2-inch scar on her right shoulder and several tattoos. A tattoo of a rose on her left calf, mushroom and sunbeam on her right leg.

1995 is a very long timeline, but if she left home and became a drifter, she could have been anywhere for 15+ years. She's also blonde. At 5'1" she's shorter than the JD's estimated height.

I submitted this to LE a few weeks ago with a response acknowledging receipt. I think posted this in Bobbi's thread. Hopefully if it is not her, a rule out will be posted to this profile.

I submitted this to LE a few weeks ago with a response acknowledging receipt. I think posted this in Bobbi's thread. Hopefully if it is not her, a rule out will be posted to this profile.

Unfortunatley I'll be surprised if it's either of the women who showed up when I searched for "mushroom tattoo." For one thing, neither of them's Hispanic. The Canadian woman's probably too big.

Mimsey Field has been located.

The NAMUS weight isn't a good estimate. The remains were partially skeletonized, and she was wearing size 16 petite jeans, so I would think it is a larger woman but not too tall.

Thanks. I thought she must have been found, because OPP is usually good about getting people into their own missing persons list, but I couldn't find anything definitive.

Good point about the 16P jeans, but if she was homeless and got the jeans from Goodwill, the might not have fit her well.

Found the same tattoo on a tattoo website, it's a tattoo website to get designs from so I'm not sure if you would have to have an account or just see it by browsing the web like I did. It looks VERY similar in the lining.
http://www.tattoojohnny.com/search/mushroom?page=2

The tattoo artist name is attached to the picture when you click on it, I don't think I can post it here tho. :)

Attachments

• tattoopic.jpg
    tattoopic.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 44
Great find. That is the exact same tattoo.

But it looks like a standard design that any tattoo artist anywhere would be able to use.

Tattoo Johnny is based in Fayetteville, GA.

The tattoo was designed by Shane Hart of Mission, Kansas

Great find. That is the exact same tattoo.

But it looks like a standard design that any tattoo artist anywhere would be able to use.

Tattoo Johnny is based in Fayetteville, GA.

The tattoo was designed by Shane Hart of Mission, Kansas

I'm wondering if someone had to pay to get the design then wouldn't there be a record. I understand that it's a standard tattoo but those lines match up great. There is only 6 likes on the tattoo, so not overly popular but could it be possible she downloaded it and had a friend attempt it or an artist?

Then again it could be nothing.

Tiffanie Dixon

Height and weight are off but namus has the UID listed as 40pounds? and at 4.5 feet? It says estimated but that is rather tiny!

Tiffanie has a Tattoo Unknown description on right ankle and right leg (UID had mushroom/sun tattoo on lower right leg)

Both UID and Tiffany part hair to the one side

Both UID and Tiffany had what looks like bags around eyes

Both UID and Tiffany have same length hair and color.

Attachments

• unidentified12.png
    unidentified12.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 45
Tiffanie Dixon

Height and weight are off but namus has the UID listed as 40pounds? and at 4.5 feet? It says estimated but that is rather tiny!

Tiffanie has a Tattoo Unknown description on right ankle and right leg (UID had mushroom/sun tattoo on lower right leg)

Both UID and Tiffany part hair to the one side

Both UID and Tiffany had what looks like bags around eyes

Both UID and Tiffany have same length hair and color.

You forgot the link:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18604/0

On decomposed remains (estimated to be in the location for about 6 months), I wouldn't put too much on bags around the eyes or the location of the part in her hair.

I assumed they meant 5'4" rather than 54 inches. As for the weight, it looks like they did the ME thing of posting what the remains weighed, rather than making a guess at what the living woman might have weighed, so that's useless.

I just sent an e-mail to Shane Hart to see if he would have any record of the tattoo artists who have purchased that design for use on their tattoo customers.

BTW, the name for that design is "Sunny Shrooms"

http://tattoofinder.com/tattoos/TFSTD0-016992/sunny-shrooms-tattoo-design-by-shane-hart

I received the following reply from the proprietor of TattooFinder.com:

Unfortunately, I don't think we can provide you with much useful information. Sometimes it's tattoo artists who purchase our designs, but more frequently it's end consumers -- those getting tattooed -- and most of the time we don't know if one of our customers is a tattoo artist or someone purchasing the design as reference for a tattoo on themselves. And we of course have no way of knowing which tattooist our end customers select to apply the tattoo after they make a purchase from us.

What I can tell you is that no one has purchased that design from us since we launched the new version of our website in July 2012. I can tell you that one purchase was made of that design previously (between March of 2002 and July 1, 2012). Unfortunately the interface on our old system doesn't allow us to quickly match a design to the specifics of its sales history (other than a count of times sold). I would have to have a programmer "mine" the database to see what information we could find, and to provide customer details if we could get them, I would need the request to come directly from the Police (or other investigative public authorities).

However, the likelihood of our customer being the woman you are looking for is very low. First, not everyone makes purchases of the designs on our website. Some simply take a screenshot of the design and take that to a tattooist and have them re-create the design for them (not knowing that it's actually more expensive to do this then to actually purchase the design and stencil from us). Furthermore, this particular design is by the artist, Shane Hart who is an artist working with Cherry Creek Flash (who is one of our licensors of artwork). Cherry Creek Flash was historically one of the most popular companies to sell tattoo flash (printed artwork studios hand on their walls for their customers to browse through). In short, this design has been sold in the industry for a long time, and sales have been prolific -- the tattooist who tattooed this design on the woman in question could have essentially been any tattooist in the world. Identifying the woman via the tattooist might be a very difficult avenue for your inquiry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back