Robert Mayer

White Male
6' to 6'1"
200 lbs.
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Green
Currently unshaven

Nickname - Rob

Left hand, middle finger was slightly chopped off tip – has nail, but middle finger is shorter -
Clothing - Probably wearing blue or gray collared polo with J.C.Electrical logo,
jeans, Black work boots, possible baseball cap, ray ban sunglasses

No ID, no Wallet

Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red Pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

If any information Please contact

Suffolk County Police Department
631-697-6186

Thread #1
Thread #2

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

don't you all think they need the dogs to go to that scrap place?

I wondered about that-- about what was investigated by LE and where LE looked and did not look. I think RM was seen leaving the scrap yard and I guess LE considers that a non-avenue to pursue.

Thanks Catfancier----love the new pic!!!!
Holy Cow-- Thread 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bringing this forward:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Mill Pond Park is a bit more SW. Merrick Rd.
let's see if this works:

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplace...z=240&t=m&z=16
If the ramp was closed, seems to me location was close to Sunrise Highway or Lakeview Rd..

When I zoom in, it seems very dense. I don't see any trails.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #2

WANTAGH (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are conducting a murder investigation after the gruesome discovery of a man's body.

Nassau County police say they got a 911 call around 4 p.m. Sunday for a body slumped over a log in the Mill Pond Park Preserve in Wantagh.

Investigators and K-9 units searched a wooded area through the night for evidence.

It is not clear how the man died.

The body was transported to the medical examiner for autopsy.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...and&id=9195335

From the News12 video it looks like the body was found in the woods off a little trail that can be seen from the Sunrise Hwy (Rt 27) to the Wantagh Pkwy entrance ramp.

You can see the little trail on google maps street view.

Feeling a little sick to my stomach.

Wishing and waiting patiently for IM to post that it's not him on the FB page...

OK thinking logically like Herminone Grainger (but with more questions-lol)---if the possibility was strong that its RM/ could strongly be a possibility--would any info beyond "a body was found..." have been released??????

From the News12 video it looks like the body was found in the woods off a little trail that can be seen from the Sunrise Hwy (Rt 27) to the Wantagh Pkwy entrance ramp.

You can see the little trail on google maps street view.

Small path along ramp. Looks very dense.

We don't know the condition of the body. Visual identification may not be possible.

Until they identify the body and notify the next of kin, LE isn't going to release jack.

So we wait.

Awful news for the loved ones of whomever this is. Praying it's not RM.

I think somewhere on here, or maybe the open FB page, someone quoted IM as saying, "Come home. I/We'll keep you safe." Could they have been getting threats? Were some very bad people pissed off? I'm thinking they were. Extortion is a real possibility, and maybe where the scrap money was going. He left money in the garage, which would be one way to allow someone to come pick it up unobserved. Easy to explain ("The guy who stops by is my co-worker").

If you cause people problems or grief, some people come looking to collect. God, I really hope it's not him.

I almost don't want to mention this because it is most likely not related in any way but the Wantagh train station is literally a block away.

Getting there from Deer Park via train is a challenge requiring going west to Jamaica station and then going east. Which is why I am completely discounting it.

But there it is, nonetheless.

Possible Periwinkl----"extortion" could explain why so many people seem to be absent from helping find RM--MOO

I almost don't want to mention this because it is most likely not related in any way but the Wantagh train station is literally a block away.

Getting there from Deer Park via train is a challenge requiring going west to either Hicksville or Jamaica station and then going east. Which is why I am completely discounting it.

But there it is, nonetheless.

Well now wait a minute----was there any track repair being done at that time?? Trains rerouted, shuttle buses from one station to another?????

I don't get the relevance but I don't know re track work.

Eliza-- I was thinking that it may have been easier for RM to travel by train with all the re-routing OR that b/c of rerouting an dshuttles, RM wound up somewhere different than planned.

Did he usually pull his car into the garage when he returned home? I would think he'd rather not leave it outside if he had a choice.

The GTO was found at his "old" RR station, in the area he normally parked when he was taking the train. Seems like he, or someone who knew him, must have put it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆